[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW12'19
sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 07:53:03 PDT 2019
Current Dev Position: YP 2.7 M3 (New feature Freeze has begun.)
Next Deadline: YP 2.7 M3 Cutoff was Feb. 25, 2019
SWAT Team Rotation:
* SWAT lead is currently: Armin
* SWAT team rotation: Armin -> Paul on Mar. 23, 2019
* SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Ross on Mar. 30, 2019
* M3 has not built yet however most major pieces are in place,
including now, agreement on the new QA process. The delay is partly due to
RP travel with others able to cover being unavailable for other reasons,
combined with infrastructure issues.
* The remaining questions for M3 are:
* Public documentation of the new QA process
* Upgrade for uninative for glibc 2.29
* Mesa upgrade? (unlikely given failures in testing)
* The Yocto Project has updated to its new governance model which
includes establishing a Technical Steering Committee (TSC) for Yocto
Project. This is designed to complement and work alongside the OpenEmbedded
TSC. Three members of the YP TSC are selected by the Yocto Project governing
board and those people are Ross Burton, Khem Raj and Richard Purdie. The
remaining two seats will be elected by OpenEmbedded. It is intended the TSC
will take over the release process, SWAT team, bug triage and feature
planning/development for 2.8.
* YP 2.5.3 continues to be blocked on autobuilder-helper changes for
the stable branches and the resulttool changes in master to move to the new
* There is discussion on the openembedded-architecture list about
changes to the stable branch patch criteria to bring us more into line with
current industry best practices and thinking.
Planned Releases for YP 2.7:
* YP 2.7 M3 Cutoff was Feb. 25, 2019
* YP 2.7 M3 Release Target was Mar. 8, 2019
* YP 2.7 M4 Cutoff is Apr. 1, 2019
* YP 2.7 M4 Release Target is Apr. 26, 2019
Planned upcoming dot releases:
* YP 2.5.3 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.7 M2 is done.
* YP 2.5.4 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.7 M4 is done.
* YP 2.6.2 (Thud) will be targeted after YP 2.5.4 is done.
* WDD 2432 (last week 2439) (
* Poky Patch Metrics
* Total patches found: 1526 (last week 1523)
* Patches in the Pending State: 656 (43%) [last week 657 (43%)]
Key Status Links for YP:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Project Manager
* Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the yocto