[Webhob] Tasks I/O information collected in buildstats

Barros Pena, Belen belen.barros.pena at intel.com
Fri May 31 07:05:08 PDT 2013

We have answered pretty much all questions about task-related information,
except one about task Disk I/O. Just wondering if anybody could help us
with it.

Looking at the buildstats directory, it looks like we collect a whole
bunch of task information that seems disk I/O related:

EndIOinProgress
EndReadsComp
EndReadsMerged
EndSectRead
EndSectWrite
EndTimeIO
EndTimeReads
EndTimeWrite
EndWTimeIO
EndWritesComp
StartIOinProgress
StartReadsComp
StartReadsMerged
StartSectRead
StartSectWrite
StartTimeIO
StartTimeReads
StartTimeWrite
StartWTimeIO
StartWritesComp

I have no idea what the above really means, but I wonder if we could use
it to calculate a single (yet meaningful) measure of Disk I/O for a given
task. What such measure would be and how to calculate it is what I need
help with.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Belén