[Webhob] task types and outcomes

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue May 28 09:24:51 PDT 2013

On Tuesday 28 May 2013 16:16:07 Barros Pena, Belen wrote:
> I am looking into the BitBake task-related information we'll display in
> Web Hob. Looking back to the agency work, it seems we identified 2 types
> of tasks: sstate tasks and built tasks.
>
> Sstate tasks can have 3 possible outcomes: missed, completed and failed.

Correct (although I wonder if there is a further distinction between missed
completely, and missed due to some change i.e. one or more sstate packages
exist for the task but the signatures are different).

> Built tasks can have 3 possible outcomes: previously built, completed and
> failed.

Correct.

> Looking at this now, I am not sure I understand the difference between a
> missed sstate task and a built task, and between a previously built task
> and an sstate task:
>
> * Wouldn't a missed sstate task become a built task?

Yes.

> * Wouldn't a previously built task be an sstate task?

If the definition of "previously built" is "previously built within the same
build directory and not subsequently cleaned", then because there is a stamp
present for the task, it doesn't even need to look at sstate for the task.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton