[Webhob] task types and outcomes

Barros Pena, Belen belen.barros.pena at intel.com
Tue May 28 09:16:07 PDT 2013

I am looking into the BitBake task-related information we'll display in
Web Hob. Looking back to the agency work, it seems we identified 2 types
of tasks: sstate tasks and built tasks.

Sstate tasks can have 3 possible outcomes: missed, completed and failed.

Built tasks can have 3 possible outcomes: previously built, completed and
failed.

Looking at this now, I am not sure I understand the difference between a
missed sstate task and a built task, and between a previously built task
and an sstate task:

* Wouldn't a missed sstate task become a built task?
* Wouldn't a previously built task be an sstate task?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am not sure if there is some
subtle difference I am missing, of if we are talking about different
'stages' of a single task's life cycle (to call it something).

Could anybody help me clarify this?

Thanks!!

Belén

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited