[meta-xilinx] failure : SD to u-boot SPL to u-boot on zcu102-zynqmp
jeff.dagenais at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 18:07:28 PDT 2017
Alright, I have some early signs of success.
I dissected the problem I was having with my option 1. (today's masters on u-boot-xlnx and linux-xlnx) I have my prompt on the rootfs stored on part 2 of the SD card. Very basic sanity performed, need to go to bed now ;)
Here are the mods I had to do:
1. first remove the pmufw version 0.3 check (if you are lucky, it won't matter too much??)
2. changed rev1.0_defconfig to remove a couple of things I don't use like ethernet and qspi
3. from xilinx SDK, I extracted the pmufw and modified PmGetMmioAccess to always return true (permission granted).
(I don't remember the exact steps here, from the SDK, I had created a PMU FW build. In the build directory, all the sources were copied over. On a shell where settings64.sh is sourced, running "make" generates the "executable.elf" which can be converted to pmufw.bin using the toolchain's objcopy tool. I modified PmGetMmioAccess right in this build folder an ran make again. I think I will keep this pmufw.bin as a binary input for a while since it fits my needs for now.)
4. package (u-boot's mkimage) the pmufw.bin in the SPL bin by specifying CONFIG_PMUFW_INIT_FILE="board/xilinx/zynqmp/pmufw.bin"
5. messed around to make the u-boot default env "scripts" to fit the names of the dtb and kernel Image I also bundle on the SD card part 1.
I think that's it. I'm tired. Just wanted to put the info out there before you guys in Europe wake up in the morning.
We'll still have to work towards actually fixing meta-xilinx obviously. This info will at least unlock many of us.
More information about the meta-xilinx