[meta-xilinx] Kernel Panic: SD Boot on zcu102-zynqmp
kratsg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 09:19:38 PDT 2017
We've got a rev 1.0 board (HW-Z1-ZCU102) which we're trying to do an FSBL
boot (seeing the lack of success with SPL at the moment in the meta-xilinx
mailing list). There are a few issues:
- uEnv.txt variables set for the device tree file as well as the kernel
image do not seem to be understood by u-boot at all [it keeps asking for
system.dtb or "Image" even if we set the variable correctly). For now, we
just renamed the files to get things working.
- a kernel panic occurs after we manage to change the bootargs. Here is the
looks highly similar to
I'm not sure if there was a solution?
The uEnv.txt looks like:
https://gist.github.com/kratsg/0598f6965deb0c4a03bafb64d9d01c37 for us
I used the evaluation board bitstream, with Xilinx SDK (2016.4) to create
an FSBL.elf file (named fsbl.elf) as well as a boot image that contains the
u-boot.elf generated from bitbake (as a datafile in the third slot).
*Some side notes:*
- the boot from SD Card was not possible until we set the switches to
SW[4:1] = 0001 (the switch at "1" is flipped to "ON" side) instead of the
suggested 0x5 or 0xE (neither of which worked).
- our bootargs initially set to "root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait" but
everything hung at the "Starting kernel..." stage
- changing the bootargs to "earlycon=cdns,mmio,0xFF000000,115200n8
root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait cma=256M" gets us past the hanging
"Starting kernel..." stage, but leads to the kernel panic above
- we are using "morty" everywhere. Should I change to master for
Does anyone know what else we need to do?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the meta-xilinx