[meta-xilinx] security patches in the Linux kernel in the meta-xilinx

Nathan Rossi nathan.rossi at xilinx.com
Thu Jul 3 21:51:34 PDT 2014

Hi Sona,

In regards to the maintenance policy for the linux-xlnx kernel in the meta-xilinx layer. This kernel is the linux-xlnx kernel that Xilinx provides as part of "Xilinx OSL". In the meta-xilinx layer we directly use this kernel, we avoid patching it within meta-xilinx except under very specific circumstances (e.g. backporting bug fixes).

Nathan