[meta-xilinx] security patches in the Linux kernel in the meta-xilinx

Sona Sarmadi sona.sarmadi at enea.com
Wed Jul 2 23:01:01 PDT 2014

Hi,

My name is Sona Sarmadi and I am responsible for security in Enea Linux.

Our goal is to apply security patches to the Linux kernels in our distribution, in order to test and make the patches available for our customers as soon as possible. When we apply a patch, we always build an image (e.g. for Zyng) and run ptest to verify the patch.

So far we have fixed security patches for chip-vendor-supplied kernels in our own layer "meta-enea", but we would like to change this policy and apply the security patches directly in the hardware-specific layer, e.g. "meta-xilinx", and upstream them to the layer maintainers. In this way, others can also get the patch. There are more advantages with fixing the patches in the hardware-specific layer and upstreaming them compared to fixing them in our own meta-enea layer.

We are very interested in your maintenance policy and your opinion about receiving patches from Enea.

Best Regards

Sona

[cid:image001.gif at 01CC1C4F.F4636310]

Sona Sarmadi
Software Engineer/Security Responsible for Enea Linux
Enea
Jan Stenbecks torg 17,
Box 1033, SE-164 21 Kista, Sweden
Direct: +46 8 5071  4475
Mobile: +46 70 971 4475
sona.sarmadi at enea.com<mailto:sona.sarmadi at enea.com>
www.enea.com<http://www.enea.com/>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CC1C4F.F4636310]

This message, including attachments, is CONFIDENTIAL. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you received this email by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone.