[meta-freescale] [meta-fsl-arm][PATCH 3/4] linux-fslc-mx6 (3.14-1.0.x): Add recipe
picmaster at mail.bg
Thu Jun 18 10:10:47 PDT 2015
On 06/18/2015 04:58 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> linux-fslc_4.0.bb linux-fslc-mx6_3.14-1.0.x.bb
> linux-fslc_4.0.bb linux-fslc_3.14-1.0.x-mx6.bb
Understood. Then here's my proposal, which I hope aligns with what you
1. Drop SOC name from the provider name
...in order to have more SOCs benefit from the same efforts. First,
patches in non-soc-specific common areas can be reused as-is (ext4
patches anyone :D?), and second, it would be great to have 1 repository
where all these efforts are concentrated, not separate for each separate
SoC (also, there are drivers for IP-blocks which are reused 1:1 across
2. Make sure the provider name doesn't contain a delimited string of
"fsl", "imx" or "mx"
... to make sure the provider is not confused with the FSL provider, and
to give due credit to the upstream + community efforts.
3. Drop the GA release version from the provider name
...for several reasons:
- it will limit the ability to merge patches from different GA releases
(if/when such need arises)
- to not confuse it with FSL GA releases
- sooner or later due to upstream patches merged this code will be
further and further away from the FSL release point.
So I think that a provider name like...
(I can only make the educated guess that "fslc" = "Freescale community",
but "fsl-community" really seems quite long).
More information about the meta-freescale