[meta-freescale] Status of imx28evk recipes/images
daiane.list at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 02:58:23 PST 2014
On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Simone <cjb.sw.nospam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> In my company we are starting a new project (a low-cost industrial controller) and we are thinking about use the iMX286 CPU because it offer all what we need. Of course we would start from imx28evk for testing, then we will develop our custom board based on that one.
> But before all I want to know (from who is already using/mantaining it), how is the status of support (recipes, images, kernel) for such board in meta-fsl-arm.
> If possible, I want to know if there are known problems or missing things, or if this cpu is not suggested for a new project..
> Any opinion you want to share could be very useful to me.
imx28evk is a beautiful board. I´ve been testing it here and there and
I cannot remember serious problems. Of course, there are some:
* touch screen (with x11 at least) is not completely calibrated
* you can choose between linux-fslc or linux-imx
* you can choose between gstreamer mainline or the one provided by
freescale (see RN  in order to understand the HW/SW correlation)
* there is a pin conflict in imx28evk board, that I don´t remember
from top of my mind (I think it´s NAND + Ethernet cannot be used
* NAND is already supported in meta-fsl-arm
* mfgtools is not already supported in meta-fsl-arm, but it´s easy to
be included and your patch is appreciated.
* pendrive is not automatically mounted, but once you mount it
everything works fine (I have never stopped to fix that)
that´s all I could remember
Otavio, could some of this items be considered "known issue" to be
included in release notes? What do you think?
> Thank you all for every suggestion or information you will provide
> meta-freescale mailing list
> meta-freescale at yoctoproject.org
More information about the meta-freescale