[meta-freescale] No HDMI video on imx6qsabresd with dizzy
picmaster at mail.bg
Thu Nov 13 11:34:37 PST 2014
Thanks to Fabio the HDMI is now working. Here's how:
1. Disabled HDMI support in u-boot-fsl (actually disabled all video-
related support, as it was easier/faster).
2. Added the usual video configuration to "mmcarg" env-var:
video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1280x720M at 60,if=RGB24
3. Booted the board (had to set mmcdev to 0 as I boot from SD2).
4. Observed that Xorg was running on the HDMI screen.
5. Played video via gstreamer and observed it's rendering on the screen
After discussion with Andreas, I tested the following resolutions and
they worked OK:
(just don't have the time to test more as these were OK for my tests)
@Daiane: I checked the description for bug #6703, but I don't observe
the issue here. I left my HDMI cable connected all the time, and it
still works. I even power-cycled the board to make sure that the HDMI
hardware is not left initialized from a previous boot. My understanding
is that the reason it works is Fabio's suggestion to disable U-Boot
Thanks to everyone for the constructive discussion.
More information about the meta-freescale