[meta-amd] gizmo2 issues

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 00:17:41 PDT 2017

Hi,

I've been playing with my gizmo2 and noticed a couple issues (nothing
major) and wanted to see what others though:

- the power barrel jack seems flaky, I often have to try inserting the
jack a couple times and jiggling it a fair amount until the board
"sees" the incoming power

- by default, as is, the board apparently crashes on bootup, the last
line being:

    fb: switching to radeondrmfb from simple

If I add "nomodeset" to the kernel cmdline, this seems to fix things

- by default, as is, the x server can't start, it complains about some
sort of invalid configuration for "Screen0" (if memory serves). simply
deleting /etc/X11/xorg.conf allows the server to start up just fine

- adding "mesa-demos" to the image and trying them, everything I've
tried so far seems to run/work, neat!

Best regards,
    Trevor