Yocto with xtensa

onyx22574@...

Dears,

I am looking for a way to include sample code for DSP (xtensa) with Yocto/Linux. what would be the procedure to include such a code and eventually interprocessor communication between xtensa core and CPU under Yocto/Linux?

Thank you.
BR/J

Khem Raj

Hello Jack,

I think we do not have support for Xtensa architecture working out of
box upstream. Although it should be possible to add it with little
effort, but no one has spun patches to do so
thus far.

Thanks
-Khem

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 1:29 PM Jack Daniels <onyx22574@gmail.com> wrote:

Dears,

I am looking for a way to include sample code for DSP (xtensa) with Yocto/Linux. what would be the procedure to include such a code and eventually interprocessor communication between xtensa core and CPU under Yocto/Linux?

Thank you.
BR/J

Jack Daniels <onyx22574@...>

Hello Khem,

Thank you for the information.
Is it about adding support for the xtensa build system (toolchain)? Is it work for heterogeneous SoC (CPU/ARM + DSP/xtensa) as well?

Thank you.
BR/J

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 1:29 PM Jack Daniels <onyx22574@...> wrote:

> Dears,
>
> I am looking for a way to include sample code for DSP (xtensa) with Yocto/Linux. what would be the procedure to include such a code and eventually interprocessor communication between xtensa core and CPU under Yocto/Linux?
>
> Thank you.
> BR/J

Khem Raj

On 5/12/21 11:45 PM, Jack Daniels wrote:
Hello Khem,
Thank you for the information.
Is it about adding support for the xtensa build system (toolchain)? Is it work for heterogeneous SoC (CPU/ARM + DSP/xtensa) as well?
I can think of few ways

build your Xtensa firmware outside yocto and let yocto package it via recipes for prebuilts and build ARM system with yocto should work well

second option is to integrate Xtensa support into OE and then use multiconfig feature to build firmware for heterogenous systems.
this will be preferred and forward looking for future but it will be
more work

Thank you.
BR/J