[yocto-rocko] : fsl-community-bsp X11 build touch screen calibration issue on iMX6UL

Alankar

Hello,

I have been working on Rocko build from fsl-community-bsp, since last few days and able to complete the builds for our various devices which uses imx6UL and imx6Solo processors.

During testing these builds, I have encountered few issues and also could able to solve some of them.

I need your help in one of issue where I am still unable to get the resolution. Please see details as below

Machine: imx6ulevek

Image: core-image-x11

The issue I have observed on the device is, Xorg is unable to calibrate the touchscreen, I don’t know what has changed but it is unable to calibrate, below is the log I get on prompt

Using calibration data stored in /etc/pointercal.xinput

Invalid format 42060

unable to find device EETI eGalax Touch Screen

INFO: width=480, height=272

random: nonblocking pool is initialized

ERROR: XorgPrint Calibrator does not support the supplied --output-type

Error: unable to apply or save configuration valuesUsing calibration data stored in /etc/pointercal.xinput

Size 1024x768 not found in available modes

Invalid format 42060

unable to find device EETI eGalax Touch Screen

matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 269025056

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut XF86Calendar=!$contacts

matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 2809

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut telephone=!$dates

matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 269025050

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut XF86Start=!matchbox-remote -desktop

INFO: width=480, height=272

ERROR: XorgPrint Calibrator does not support the supplied --output-type

Error: unable to apply or save configuration values

Actually I have seen this issue first on our machine conf file and build recipe, but just to confirm I have built imx6ulevk machine and see the same issue…

I am not using eGalax EETI Touch screen, it should use iMX6UL's internal touchscreen controller, i am using simple resistive touch screen. Basic touch screen is working, because when during first power up when X tries to calibrate the touch screen, it is able to detect every touch but when it tries to write to /etc/pointercal.xinput it says output type is not supported, and if i look at xinput_calibrator_once.sh in /usr/bin which is called at first power up the --output-type is defined as xinput which is correct. So as it is not able to save the calibration points the touch screen doesn't work in X or in any of QT apps we are building.

I believe this is nothing do to with kernel as i am using 4.1.35 which was in morty build and where this touch calibrate is working well. i just bumped the version of all apps/rootfs to rocko so as to get all latest application versions like QT-5.9.7 etc, so i think there is something changed in X build and which is broken.

Can somebody please help…

Thanks

Kind Regards,

Alankar Dhobale

Renu Electronics Private Limited /  www.renuelectronics.com /

Offering Quality Products and Services

Max Krummenacher <max.oss.09@...>

Hi

Machine: imx6ulevek

Image: core-image-x11

The issue I have observed on the device is, Xorg is unable to calibrate the
touchscreen, I don't know what has changed but it is unable to calibrate,
below is the log I get on prompt
ERROR: XorgPrint Calibrator does not support the supplied --output-type

Error: unable to apply or save configuration valuesUsing calibration data
stored in /etc/pointercal.xinput
Does not installing xf86-input-libinput help? xinput-calibrator cannot cope with that input backend.

I used the following bbappend to achieve this:

http://git.toradex.com/cgit/meta-toradex-demos.git/commit/?h=rocko-next&id=664a1926af81e49396bfe2681
18969ec2b8718cb

Regards
Max

Alankar

Hi Max,

Yes you are right, I used the same bbappend and this resolved the issue, perfect solution…

I have been struggling with this since couple of days!

Many thanks for your inputs and resolution.

I have tested the build for imx6ulevk as well as to our own machine, both worked well. Calibration passes correctly and also writes it to /etc/pointercal.xinput file and works perfect

Thanks once again…

Regards

Alankar

> The issue I have observed on the device is, Xorg is unable to

> calibrate the touchscreen, I don't know what has changed but it is

> unable to calibrate, below is the log I get on prompt

> ERROR: XorgPrint Calibrator does not support the supplied

> --output-type

> Error: unable to apply or save configuration valuesUsing calibration

> data stored in /etc/pointercal.xinput

Does not installing xf86-input-libinput help? xinput-calibrator cannot cope with that input backend.

I used the following bbappend to achieve this:

http://git.toradex.com/cgit/meta-toradex-demos.git/commit/?h=rocko-next&id=664a1926af81e49396bfe2681

18969ec2b8718cb

Regards

Max

rohit jadhav

Hello ,
I am experiencing same issue for Rocko build rootfs with QT application for X11.

I have tried the solution provided by Max , but it did not worked for me.

as Per my log :
Using calibration data stored in /etc/pointercal.xinput
Invalid format 42060
unable to find device EETI eGalax Touch Screen
INFO: width=1024, height=600
imx6ull14x14evk login: RandR extension missing
matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 269025056
matchbox: ignoring key shortcut XF86Calendar=!$contacts

matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 2809
matchbox: ignoring key shortcut telephone=!$dates

matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 269025050
matchbox: ignoring key shortcut XF86Start=!matchbox-remote -desktop

Activating service name='org.a11y.atspi.Registry'
Successfully activated service 'org.a11y.atspi.Registry'
SpiRegistry daemon is running with well-known name - org.a11y.atspi.Registry
random: nonblocking pool is initialized

I have used Touch screen module of TFT TOUCH MODULE ,MODULE NO. : SF 70175.

Please provide some guidance.
Thank You.

Regards
Rohit J.