Topics

yocto recipt from host ide

Sergey Ivanov

Hi there.
Could anyone share a good approach/documentation/etc on how to
properly configure and use sysroot and sdk for a specific cmake - based c++ receipt
to be able to build it from IDE (vscode, qtcreator) on linux host i.e.

1) ide's --sysroot will be taken from
yocto-root/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/<my_recipe>1.0.0-r0/recipe-sysroot
2) compilers and cmake (i believe) will be taken from
yocto-root/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/<my_recipe>1.0.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native
3) no mix of includes from host will be taken into account during the compilation

If none of ide above could do this stuff, then please recommend your one

For this moment i don't want run/debug the application right from ide, i just want to have all symbols be correctly resolved from there.

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Ivanov

Khem Raj

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 1:48 PM Sergey Ivanov <icegood1980@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi there.
Could anyone share a good approach/documentation/etc on how to
properly configure and use sysroot and sdk for a specific cmake - based c++ receipt
to be able to build it from IDE (vscode, qtcreator) on linux host i.e.

1) ide's --sysroot will be taken from
yocto-root/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/<my_recipe>1.0.0-r0/recipe-sysroot
2) compilers and cmake (i believe) will be taken from
yocto-root/build/tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/<my_recipe>1.0.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native
3) no mix of includes from host will be taken into account during the compilation

If none of ide above could do this stuff, then please recommend your one

For this moment i don't want run/debug the application right from ide, i just want to have all symbols be correctly resolved from there.
does this help ?
https://www.ics.com/blog/configuring-qt-creator-yocto-development

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Ivanov

Josef Holzmayr

also, https://github.com/Wind-River/vscode-wrlinux/

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Ivanov

Sergey Ivanov

Thanks for efforts but none of the instructions does job well till the end (as many others that i've tried before). Main reasons :

1) For both: as i said, the project is with dependencies and cmake-based. It means, that in my cmake i have find_package things, that should be correctly resolved against stage sysroot (not against host!). It is especially crucial for qt, since without proper configuration you will not even be able to open project.

2) For qt:

2.1) there is no cmake override in setting, of course will not work. I've already tried to add override from  <my_recipe>1.0.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native but given cmake doesn't work for me.
2.2) i've almost taken as granted that i should deal with device first, but, as i said, i'm not even interest in the building of project, just 100% correct symbols resolution. While i will need a device (maybe) for other things like debugging in near future.
For resolution pitfalls you may found smth. like this:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-24269
and i just tired to explain how everything is wrong there in this regard, so bug is closed

3) For vscode:
they don't seem to be even correctly deal with custom sysroot and given instruction has nothing common with it. And seems there everything is wrong as well:
https://github.com/microsoft/vscode-cpptools/issues/1575

So, i'm interested in answers from devs that have 100% working  environment (preferably own one) that cover 100% symbol resolution issue. And it could be just another IDE.

--

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Ivanov