Current Dev Position: YP 3.5 M4
Next Deadline: 4th April. 2022 YP 3.5 M4 build
Next Team Meetings:
- We will build the first release candidate build for YP 4.0 (3.5) later today.
- YP 3.4.3 was released
- YP 3.3.6, the final hardknott release will build after 4.0 rc1.
- We’re planning to take a couple of further changes (pseudo fix, apt signing minus the test and the unwind sdl workaround) and then call the first release candidate build good.
- There were a number of good fixes for memory resident bitbake this week and also some interesting and useful fixes for the bitbake parsing process which should avoid lockups in the error case. The hope is these should avoid some of the intermittent issues we’ve been seeing on the autobuilder.
- An issue with make 4.2.1 on some distros remains, often causing hangs in kernel and perl builds in particular. Help in developing a workaround for this (a make buildtools tarball?) would be appreciated.
- YP 4.1 planning document is available for review at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-g7DatSdmIETwD3xFSCxV7MbWVVkpQvQ788mIr1MPTI/edit?usp=sharing
- If people see intermittent issues in their own builds, particularly if they’re the same as intermittent issues seen on the autobuilder, please do comment in the bugs mentioning when they happen as the frequency information does help us prioritize fixing the most common issues.
- Intermittent issues continue to be at high levels and help is very much welcome in trying to resolve them. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
We did work out the cause of the infamous tinfoil wait_event intermittent issue.
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.5 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.5 M4 build date 2022/04/04
- YP 3.5 M4 Release date 2022/04/29
Upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.4.3 is released.
- YP 3.3.6 build date 2022/03/28
- YP 3.3.6 Release date 2022/04/08
- YP 3.1.16 build date 2022/04/25
- YP 3.1.16 Release date 2022/05/06
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...