Current Dev Position: YP 3.3 M4 (Feature Freeze)
Next Deadline: 5th April 2021 YP 3.3 M4 build
Next Team Meetings:
- We are now close to building YP 3.3 rc1 for the final release. That build may happen later today if three are no more urgent pending changes. The biggest blockers on release may be the changelog/release notes and migration guide as those have not been started yet.
- YP 3.2.3 was released.
- We did merge a change to oeqa/runqemu to allow the qemu images to be run from a tmpfs. This should mean writes aren’t held up in the IO queue which we believe may have been a cause of the intermittent failures. Unfortunately we can’t use cgroups as the versions on most of the autobuilder workers isn’t recent enough for IO priorities, even ignoring the permission issues so this tmpfs solution seemed like the best option and was not very invasive to implement. It does mean we now see the “qemu didn’t start in 120s” error instead much more regularly if the copy into tmpfs is locked.
- There are a number of patches queued in master-next but most are version upgrades which will wait for 3.4 to open for development.
- Intermittent autobuilder issues continue to occur and are now at a record high level. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
We are working to identify the load pattern on the infrastructure that seems to trigger these.
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.3 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.3 M4 build date 2021/04/05
- YP 3.3 M4 Release date 2021/04/30
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.2.3 has been released.
- YP 3.1.7 build date 2021/03/29
- YP 3.1.7 release date 2021/04/09
- YP 3.2.4 build date 2021/05/3
- YP 3.2.4 release date 2021/05/14
- YP 3.1.8 build date 2021/05/17
- YP 3.1.8 release date 2021/05/28
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...