Current Dev Position: YP 3.3 M3 development
Next Deadline: 1st March 2021 YP 3.3 M3 build
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 3.3 M2 was released
- We have a new simple system to help with the SWAT process, “SwatBot”, https://swatbot.yoctoproject.org/ which has quickly evolved over the last week and is now taking over from the wiki BuildLog for the SWAT process.
- We’re due to merge autoconf 2.71 which is now working for the core layers and automated tests but will need work to make meta-openembedded work with it.
- We managed a small performance improvement to builds over the last week (5-7% overall) which appears to be from some of the GL native tools changes rather surprisingly
- There were also significant reductions in the numbers of files being installed into the recipe sysroots (around 14,000 fewer files for some recipes for each workdir) which should aid overall build performance (and e.g. ease of build directory deletion)
- There was a fix for pseudo to improve handling of renamed files which may account for some of the pseudo issues we’ve seen recently, it certainly caused problems with the new binutils release (not yet merged).
- Intermittent autobuilder issues continue to occur. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.3 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.3 M2 was released.
- YP 3.3 M3 build date 2021/03/01
- YP 3.3 M3 Release date 2021/03/12
- YP 3.3 M4 build date 2021/04/05
- YP 3.3 M4 Release date 2021/04/30
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.2.2 build date 2021/02/08
- YP 3.2.2 release date 2021/02/19
- YP 3.1.6 build date 2021/02/22
- YP 3.1.6 release date 2021/03/05
- YP 3.2.3 build date 2021/03/15
- YP 3.2.3 release date 2021/03/26
- YP 3.1.7 build date 2021/03/29
- YP 3.1.7 release date 2021/04/09
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...