Current Dev Position: YP 3.3 M2 development
Next Deadline: 18th January 2021 YP 3.3 M2 build
Next Team Meetings:
- Patches for 3.3 M2 development are being tested and merged. We have one week left before M2 is due to be built.
- It was a mixed week for builds and patches, several reproducibility issues appeared and issues also appeared after patches had merged in the second or third build after that due to state reuse and differences between worker distros. This makes merging the patches challenging.
- In particular, an upgrade to qemu 5.2.0 did merge. That upgrade includes a change to the underlying build system and the patchset was significantly rationalised which may cause issues. In particular, issues on centos hosts were eventually traced to the mmap_min_addr setting being too low (65536 now seems to be the useful minimum).
- We are now tracking intermittent ptest failures and a number of bugs have been opened for these, we don’t as yet have people able to work on them though.
- CVE metrics are starting to trend down again but we still have 56 “open” CVEs against master and more in gatesgath/dunfell so help in further reducing the number would be appreciated.
- Intermittent autobuilder issues continue to occur and with more invasive changes and higher rebuild rates, the numbers are increasing again. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
Ways to contribute:
YP 3.3 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.3 M2 build date 2021/01/18
- YP 3.3 M2 Release date 2021/01/29
- YP 3.3 M3 build date 2021/03/01
- YP 3.3 M3 Release date 2021/03/12
- YP 3.3 M4 build date 2021/04/05
- YP 3.3 M4 Release date 2021/04/30
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.1.5 build date 2021/01/11
- YP 3.1.5 release date 2021/01/22
- YP 3.2.2 build date 2021/02/08
- YP 3.2.2 release date 2021/02/19
- YP 3.1.6 build date 2021/02/22
- YP 3.1.6 release date 2021/03/05
- YP 3.1.7 build date 2021/03/22
- YP 3.1.7 release date 2021/04/02
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...