Note: lists.yoctoproject.org will be down for maintenance on Wednesday, October 5th, starting at 9AM Pacific Time (4PM Wednesday October 5, 2022 UTC), for approximately one hour.
- Yocto Project Status 16 August 2022 (WW33)
Yocto Project Status 16 August 2022 (WW33)
Current Dev Position: YP 4.1 M3
Next Deadline: 22nd August 2022 YP 4.1 M3 Build
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 4.0.3 has been through QA with a clean report and is likely to be released
- The CVE count for master rose sharply this week but a number of fixes were sent by Khem, thanks!
- Bitbake changes in class handling merged which means classes can now be enforced to be in “global” or “recipe” scope. This handles a long standing usability issue of it not being clear which scope classes should be used in. For example, “testimage” now needs to be included via IMAGE_CLASSES and not via INHERIT. Global class inclusions in recipes such as “base” and “package” will now show a parsing error. “base” was particularly pointless and can simply be removed as it was always inherited.
- The rust toolchain changes merged and are now being tested by default on the autobuilder but there is one intermittent issue with shebang length overflow in the SDK which still needs to be resolved
- We upgraded glibc to 2.36 and produced a new uninative version which supports this.
- There are patches out for review for the debug path improvements. These rely on a gcc patch and small change of gcc behavior which is being discussed with upstream.
- There were cleanups to copyright and license headers in OE-Core and Bitbake.
- “largefile” support in oe-core was cleaned up and removed as we assume this everywhere now, completing something we said would happen in release notes a few years ago.
- Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
Ways to contribute:
YP 4.1 Milestone Dates:
- YP 4.1 M3 build date 2022/08/22
- YP 4.1 M3 Release date 2022/09/02
- YP 4.1 M4 build date 2022/10/03
- YP 4.1 M4 Release date 2022/10/28
Upcoming dot releases:
- YP 4.0.3 Out of QA
- YP 3.1.19 build date 2022/08/29
- YP 3.1.19 Release date 2022/09/09
- YP 4.0.4 build date 2022/09/19
- YP 4.0.4 Release date 2022/09/30
- YP 3.1.20 build date 2022/10/10
- YP 3.1.20 Release date 2022/10/21
- YP 4.0.5 build date 2022/10/31
- YP 4.0.5 Release date 2022/11/11
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...