Current Dev Position: YP 4.1 M4 (In TSC Review)
Next Deadline: 28th October 2022 YP 4.1 Release
Next Team Meetings:
- Richard Purdie is actually on holiday and expects to return on the 24th October.
- Patches for master are welcome on the mailing list and will be reviewed/tested, but will not be merged until RP has returned.
- YP 4.1 rc2 is now out of QA and will be reviewed by the TSC later today. Release is scheduled for the 28th but may happen earlier if the documentation is finalized.
- A bug related to the Extensible SDK has been found in YP 4.1 but this is potentially not a release blocker, and can be fixed in the first point release.
- Steve Sakoman to maintain Langdale (YP 4.1 - not an LTS)
- At release we released the core layer was still advertising kirkstone so this was removed. This did mean some simple changes were needed to layers to mark compatibility with the new release, we’ll aim to do this earlier in the next release.
- YP 3.1.20 rc2 has been built and is in QA now.
- YP 4.2 Proposed Timeline document is at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X5KM_3BiEsIrHBO93ULvYHQJ72NqS5U5jjwWo5bxTiY/edit?usp=sharing
- Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT. In particular there is a long-standing qemuppc failure which needs investigating (https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/show_bug.cgi?id=14824)
Ways to contribute:
YP 4.1 Milestone Dates:
- YP 4.1 M4 is back from QA and in TSC Review
- YP 4.1 M4 Release date 2022/10/28
Upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.1.20 built and in QA
- YP 3.1.20 Release date 2022/10/21
- YP 4.0.5 build date 2022/10/31
- YP 4.0.5 Release date 2022/11/11
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...