Current Dev Position: YP 4.1 M4 (In QA)
Next Deadline: 28th October 2022 YP 4.1 Release
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 4.1 rc2 is now in QA
- Richard will not be around for the next two weeks. With 4.1 rc2 in QA for the next week, things should be quiet and the TSC can then decide on whether to release or if an rc3 is needed for any reason. Alexandre/Luca will test/queue patches during this time, patches are not expected to merge. Ross is around and should be able to cover most other things if/as needed.
- At release we released the core layer was still advertising kirkstone so this was removed. This did mean some simple changes were needed to layers to mark compatibility with the new release, we’ll aim to do this earlier in the next release.
- YP 4.2 Proposed Timeline document is at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X5KM_3BiEsIrHBO93ULvYHQJ72NqS5U5jjwWo5bxTiY/edit?usp=sharing
- Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
Ways to contribute:
YP 4.1 Milestone Dates:
- YP 4.1 M4 is built and in QA
- YP 4.1 M4 Release date 2022/10/28
Upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.1.20 build date 2022/10/10
- YP 3.1.20 Release date 2022/10/21
- YP 4.0.5 build date 2022/10/31
- YP 4.0.5 Release date 2022/11/11
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...