SSTATE cache getting huge. Delete or use sstate-cache-management.sh

Rusty Howell

A few weeks ago, our NFS-mounted sstate-cache was about 748 GB in size. I ran the script "sstate-cache-management.sh".  It took a very long time (about two hours) but was able to free up 307 GB of space.

What is the benefit to running that script vs just deleting the sstate-cache directory entirely?  I know the first build after a delete will take a long time. But that's offset because just deleting the directory as a whole doesn't take more than about a minute.

Does deleting the sstate-cache affect the preserv and the autoinc values it is returning?

Rusty

Ross Burton

Personally, I just delete all files that haven’t been accessed in a month, using find:

find $SSTATE -type f -atime +30 -delete

Ross