[meta-zephyr] bitbake zephyr-helloworld configure failure

Peter Smith <salerio@...>

Using master branch

MACHINE=96b_nitrogen bitbake zephyr-helloworld creates a configure error due to a failure for native python to import ruamel.

I fixed this temporarily by creating a python3-ruamel-yaml_%.bbappend that includes the required BBEXTEND and adding python3-ruamel-yaml-native to zephyr-kernel-common.inc.

I don't know (not enough experience) if this is actually a problem in the meta-openembedded recipe or meta-zephyr?

Best Regards
Peter

Tim Orling

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 12:51 AM Peter Smith <salerio@...> wrote:
Using master branch

MACHINE=96b_nitrogen bitbake zephyr-helloworld creates a configure error due to a failure for native python to import ruamel.

I fixed this temporarily by creating a python3-ruamel-yaml_%.bbappend that includes the required BBEXTEND and adding python3-ruamel-yaml-native to zephyr-kernel-common.inc.

I don't know (not enough experience) if this is actually a problem in the meta-openembedded recipe or meta-zephyr?

BBEXTEND = “native” is a perfectly fine patch to submit to meta-python. We tend to only make those changes when needed (as in your use case) rather than universally. Please submit a patch :)

Best Regards
Peter

Ross Burton

I sent a patch to meta-oe yesterday: there was a missing dependency in
python3-kwalify and missing class extend in the ruamel recipe.

Ross

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 at 05:49, Tim Orling <ticotimo@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 12:51 AM Peter Smith <salerio@gmail.com> wrote:

Using master branch

MACHINE=96b_nitrogen bitbake zephyr-helloworld creates a configure error due to a failure for native python to import ruamel.

I fixed this temporarily by creating a python3-ruamel-yaml_%.bbappend that includes the required BBEXTEND and adding python3-ruamel-yaml-native to zephyr-kernel-common.inc.

I don't know (not enough experience) if this is actually a problem in the meta-openembedded recipe or meta-zephyr?

BBEXTEND = “native” is a perfectly fine patch to submit to meta-python. We tend to only make those changes when needed (as in your use case) rather than universally. Please submit a patch :)

Best Regards
Peter

Khem Raj

The mentioned patches are in master-next, please use it from there for
now until its applied to master which might be in couple of days.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 2:30 AM Ross Burton <ross@burtonini.com> wrote:

[...]

Thx

--
Best Regards