is there already online the YP summit "hands-on setup"?

Robert P. J. Day

i note that one of the first sessions is 15 minutes of "A session to
help people setup their Digital Ocean account." would this lab already
be online somewhere so people can do this ahead of time to make sure
nothing goes wrong?

rday

https://pretalx.com/yocto-project-summit-2022-05/talk/URUNLG/

Nicolas Dechesne

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 2:17 PM Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@...> wrote:

  i note that one of the first sessions is 15 minutes of "A session to
help people setup their Digital Ocean account." would this lab already
be online somewhere so people can do this ahead of time to make sure
nothing goes wrong?

No , we are using a different cloud provider / partner this time. That requires all the 'students' to have a valid account with our partner (Digital Ocean), and all the hands on will be done using DO cloud instances. All registered 'students' will get credits on their Digital Ocean accounts for the duration of our event.  This first session is to make sure everyone is all set up with their account before we start the hands on.

On Mon, 16 May 2022, Nicolas Dechesne wrote:

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 2:17 PM Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@...> wrote:

  i note that one of the first sessions is 15 minutes of "A session to
help people setup their Digital Ocean account." would this lab already
be online somewhere so people can do this ahead of time to make sure
nothing goes wrong?

No , we are using a different cloud provider / partner this time.
That requires all the 'students' to have a valid account with our
partner (Digital Ocean), and all the hands on will be done using DO
cloud instances. All registered 'students' will get credits on their
Digital Ocean accounts for the duration of our event. This first
session is to make sure everyone is all set up with their account
before we start the hands on.
so just to be clear, one need do nothing related to digital ocean in
advance, it will all be done in that 15-minute setup session?

rday

Trevor Woerner

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 9:18 AM Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@...> wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2022, Nicolas Dechesne wrote:

> On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 2:17 PM Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@...> wrote:
>
>         i note that one of the first sessions is 15 minutes of "A session to
>       help people setup their Digital Ocean account." would this lab already
>       be online somewhere so people can do this ahead of time to make sure
>       nothing goes wrong?
>
> No , we are using a different cloud provider / partner this time.
> That requires all the 'students' to have a valid account with our
> partner (Digital Ocean), and all the hands on will be done using DO
> cloud instances. All registered 'students' will get credits on their
> Digital Ocean accounts for the duration of our event.  This first
> session is to make sure everyone is all set up with their account
> before we start the hands on.

  so just to be clear, one need do nothing related to digital ocean in
advance, it will all be done in that 15-minute setup session?

If you don't already have a DO account then signing up ahead of time would be great.

We were planning on having 3 hands-on classes, but unfortunately one of our instructors had to drop out and it was too late to find a replacement. Our first session of the day in that track is Josef doing a live coding session. Therefore the first hands-on class starts after Josef is done, which should provide everyone enough time to get accounts and get setup before the first hands-on event (if they start at the beginning of the conference day).

rday