Howto read bitbake -g files?


Mauro Ziliani
 

Hi all

I have to look for the recipes put in my image the *-dev packages.

I removed dev-pkgs and dng-pkgs from IMAGE_FEATURES and debug tweaks from DISTRO_FEATURES.
I don't IMAGE_INSTALL_append any *-dev packages

I generate bitbake  -g image, but I don't produce the PDF because is unreadable.

So I read the dot source. I use dot and I know the syntax.

But I don't how to read the graph.


MZ




Sent from Mailspring, the best free email app for work


Mauro Ziliani
 

An example about my question

Inside package-depends.dot I see this

"opencv-dev" [label="opencv-dev(opencv) :3.1+gitAUTOINC+92387b1ef8-r0\n/Sources/softfx/krogoth/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-support/opencv/opencv_3.1.bb"]

I need to remote opencv-dev from final image.

In pn-depends.dot I see

"opencv" -> "opencv-dev" [style=dashed]

I understand that
opencv generates opencv-dev from the recipe opencv_3.1.bb



Sent from Mailspring, the best free email app for work

On mar 25 2021, at 8:39 am, Mauro Ziliani <mauro@...> wrote:
Hi all

I have to look for the recipes put in my image the *-dev packages.

I removed dev-pkgs and dng-pkgs from IMAGE_FEATURES and debug tweaks from DISTRO_FEATURES.
I don't IMAGE_INSTALL_append any *-dev packages

I generate bitbake  -g image, but I don't produce the PDF because is unreadable.

So I read the dot source. I use dot and I know the syntax.

But I don't how to read the graph.


MZ




Sent from Mailspring, the best free email app for work


Khem Raj
 

On 3/25/21 3:37 AM, Mauro Ziliani wrote:
An example about my question
Inside package-depends.dot I see this
"opencv-dev" [label="opencv-dev(opencv) :3.1+gitAUTOINC+92387b1ef8-r0\n/Sources/softfx/krogoth/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-support/opencv/opencv_3.1.bb"]
I need to remote opencv-dev from final image.
In pn-depends.dot I see
"opencv" -> "opencv-dev" [style=dashed]
this should only happen if opencv-dev has a .so which is not a symlink
and there is a program in opencv package which depends on it. Can you expand the content of opencv-dev and see whats in there ?
secondly you can also look at content of opencv package and readelf -d over the binaries in it and see if some binary is dependent on .so from -dev package.

you can do this inside opencv build tree under packages-split/ area.
of a built tree.

I understand that
opencv generates opencv-dev from the recipe opencv_3.1.bb
Sent from Mailspring <https://getmailspring.com/>, the best free email app for work
On mar 25 2021, at 8:39 am, Mauro Ziliani <mauro@faresoftware.it> wrote:
Hi all
I have to look for the recipes put in my image the *-dev packages.
I removed dev-pkgs and dng-pkgs from IMAGE_FEATURES and debug tweaks
from DISTRO_FEATURES.
I don't IMAGE_INSTALL_append any *-dev packages
I generate bitbake  -g image, but I don't produce the PDF because is
unreadable.
So I read the dot source. I use dot and I know the syntax.
But I don't how to read the graph.
MZ
Sent from Mailspring <https://getmailspring.com/>, the best free
email app for work


Mauro Ziliani
 

Thank you for the answer.
I analyze the problem.

opencv_3.1.bb installs many debug packages by PACKAGES variable

Removing unneeded packages for PACKAGES every *-dev  packages disappears from production image.

MZ


On mar 25 2021, at 7:34 pm, Khem Raj <raj.khem@...> wrote:


On 3/25/21 3:37 AM, Mauro Ziliani wrote:
> An example about my question
>
> Inside package-depends.dot I see this
>
> "opencv-dev" [label="opencv-dev(opencv)
> :3.1+gitAUTOINC+92387b1ef8-r0\n/Sources/softfx/krogoth/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-support/opencv/opencv_3.1.bb"]
>
> I need to remote opencv-dev from final image.
>
> In pn-depends.dot I see
>
> "opencv" -> "opencv-dev" [style=dashed]

this should only happen if opencv-dev has a .so which is not a symlink
and there is a program in opencv package which depends on it. Can you
expand the content of opencv-dev and see whats in there ?
secondly you can also look at content of opencv package and readelf -d
over the binaries in it and see if some binary is dependent on .so from
-dev package.

you can do this inside opencv build tree under packages-split/ area.
of a built tree.

>
> I understand that
> opencv generates opencv-dev from the recipe opencv_3.1.bb
>
>
>
> Sent from Mailspring <https://getmailspring.com/>, the best free email
> app for work
> On mar 25 2021, at 8:39 am, Mauro Ziliani <mauro@...> wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I have to look for the recipes put in my image the *-dev packages.
>
> I removed dev-pkgs and dng-pkgs from IMAGE_FEATURES and debug tweaks
> from DISTRO_FEATURES.
> I don't IMAGE_INSTALL_append any *-dev packages
>
> I generate bitbake  -g image, but I don't produce the PDF because is
> unreadable.
>
> So I read the dot source. I use dot and I know the syntax.
>
> But I don't how to read the graph.
>
>
> MZ
>
>
>
>
> Sent from Mailspring <https://getmailspring.com/>, the best free
> email app for work
>
>
>
>
>