Yocto Project Status 31 January 2023 (WW05)
Current Dev Position: YP 4.2 M3
Next Deadline: 20th February 2023 YP 4.2 M3 Build
Next Team Meetings:
- Bug Triage meeting Thursday February 2nd 7:30 am PDT (https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
- Weekly Project Engineering Sync Tuesday January 31st at 8 am PDT (https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09)
- Twitch - See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester
- YP 4.0.7 and YP 4.2 M2 are in QA
- We switched to the 6.1 kernel by default for M2. Unfortunately there are a couple of intermittent issues that seem to have crept in. One is a reproducibility issue in perf, likely with some host component causing it as it only occurs on second builds. The second appears to be an intermittent networking issue accessing a python http-server for testing dnf which appeared after the kernel version change.
- We are continuing to see other intermittent failures which are limiting how quickly we can merge changes. A summary of some of the key issues was sent to the mailing list: https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/message/176476
- There have been changes to the way the codeparser cache in bitbake stores data which should reduce cache size, reduce the times data needs to be written out and generally help performance.
- CVE levels in master are still high but there are patches in progress for most issues as I understand it.
- We have a growing number of bugs in bugzilla, any help with them is appreciated.
Ways to contribute:
- As people are likely aware, the project has a number of components which are either unmaintained, or have people with little to no time trying to keep them alive. These components include: patchtest, layerindex, devtool, toaster, wic, oeqa, autobuilder, CROPs containers, pseudo and more. Many have open bugs. Help is welcome in trying to better look after these components!
- There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
- There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 4.2. See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_4.2_Unassigned_Enhancements.2FBugs
- We’d welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the list at: http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/maintainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to “Unassigned” soon to help facilitate this.
- Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT.
- Help us resolve CVE issues: CVE metrics
YP 4.2 Milestone Dates:
- YP 4.2 M2 built and in QA
- YP 4.2 M3 build date 2023/02/20
- YP 4.2 M3 Release date 2023/03/03
- YP 4.2 M4 build date 2023/04/03
- YP 4.2 M4 Release date 2023/04/28
Upcoming dot releases:
- YP 4.0.7 built and in QA
- YP 3.1.23 build date 2023/02/13
- YP 3.1.23 Release date 2023/02/24
- YP 4.0.8 build date 2023/02/27
- YP 4.0.8 Release date 2023/03/10
- YP 4.1.3 build date 2023/03/06
- YP 4.1.3 Release date 2023/03/17
- YP 3.1.24 build date 2023/03/20
- YP 3.1.24 Release date 2023/03/31
- YP 4.0.9 build date 2023/04/10
- YP 4.0.9 Release date 2023/04/21
- YP 4.1.4 build date 2023/05/01
- YP 4.1.4 Release date 2023/05/13
- YP 3.1.25 build date 2023/05/08
- YP 3.1.25 Release date 2023/05/19
- YP 4.0.10 build date 2023/05/15
- YP 4.0.10 Release date 2023/05/26
- WDD 2447 (last week 2442) (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
- OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics
- Total patches found: 1205 (last week 1190)
- Patches in the Pending State: 280 (23%) [last week 279 (24%)]
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
|1 - 1 of 1|