Yocto Project Status 24 January 2023 (WW04)
Current Dev Position: YP 4.2 M2
Next Deadline: 23rd January 2023 YP 4.2 M2 Build
Next Team Meetings:
- Bug Triage meeting Thursday January 26th 7:30 am PDT (https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
- Weekly Project Engineering Sync Tuesday January 24th at 8 am PDT (https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09)
- Twitch - See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester
- YP 4.1.2 and YP 3.1.22 were released
- YP 4.2 M2 is due to build this week.
- Stable builds have been proving hard to obtain due to varying issues over many of the submitted patches. This has limited patch flow over the last week.
- We were able to merge 6.1 kernel improvements and a number of good bug fixes in other areas too.
- There has been an improvement to the configurability of patch warnings/errors and patch fuzz issues will now error and stop builds by default.
- Warning/errors over missing Upstream-Status details in non-core layers appears too controversial to enable by default but the option is now available should users wish to.
- CVE levels in master are becoming worrying again, Ross helpfully summarized the situation and submitted CPE changes for some of the issues being highlighted, thanks!
- We have a growing number of bugs in bugzilla, any help with them is appreciated.
Ways to contribute:
- As people are likely aware, the project has a number of components which are either unmaintained, or have people with little to no time trying to keep them alive. These components include: patchtest, layerindex, devtool, toaster, wic, oeqa, autobuilder, CROPs containers, pseudo and more. Many have open bugs. Help is welcome in trying to better look after these components!
- There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
- There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 4.2. See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_4.2_Unassigned_Enhancements.2FBugs
- We’d welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the list at: http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/maintainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to “Unassigned” soon to help facilitate this.
- Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT.
- Help us resolve CVE issues: CVE metrics
YP 4.2 Milestone Dates:
- YP 4.2 M2 build date 2023/01/23
- YP 4.2 M2 Release date 2023/02/03
- YP 4.2 M3 build date 2023/02/20
- YP 4.2 M3 Release date 2023/03/03
- YP 4.2 M4 build date 2023/04/03
- YP 4.2 M4 Release date 2023/04/28
Upcoming dot releases:
- YP 4.1.2 is released
- YP 3.1.22 is released
- YP 4.0.7 build date 2023/01/30
- YP 4.0.7 Release date 2023/02/10
- YP 3.1.23 build date 2023/02/13
- YP 3.1.23 Release date 2023/02/24
- YP 4.0.8 build date 2023/02/27
- YP 4.0.8 Release date 2023/03/10
- YP 4.1.3 build date 2023/03/06
- YP 4.1.3 Release date 2023/03/17
- YP 3.1.24 build date 2023/03/20
- YP 3.1.24 Release date 2023/03/31
- YP 4.0.9 build date 2023/04/10
- YP 4.0.9 Release date 2023/04/21
- YP 4.1.4 build date 2023/05/01
- YP 4.1.4 Release date 2023/05/13
- YP 3.1.25 build date 2023/05/08
- YP 3.1.25 Release date 2023/05/19
- YP 4.0.10 build date 2023/05/15
- YP 4.0.10 Release date 2023/05/26
- WDD 2442 (last week 2457) (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
- OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics
- Total patches found: 1190 (last week 1181)
- Patches in the Pending State: 279 (23%) [last week 279 (24%)]
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
|1 - 1 of 1|