Yocto Project Status 22 November 2022 (WW47)
Current Dev Position: YP 4.2 M1
Next Deadline: 5th December 2022 YP 4.2 Build
Next Team Meetings:
- Bug Triage meeting Thursday November 24th 7:30 am PDT (https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
- Weekly Project Engineering Sync Tuesday November 22nd at 8 am PDT (https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09)
- Twitch - See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester
- YP 4.1.1 has passed QA and is likely to be released imminently.
- We’d like to remind people of the importance of developing features on master. Once ready, these can then become available in the next LTS. We do not develop features against current LTS releases, that defeats their purpose.
- A key bug in sstate reuse with hash equivalence where “hard” dependencies like pseudo-native and shadow-native rehash was found and is fixed in bitbake master.
- We are thinking about more significant bitbake changes at the moment. Some ideas under consideration are:
- Adding extra information about hashes to the bitbake cache (and the expense of slower loading cache files and slightly slower initial parsing). This would allow easier debugging of hash mismatch issues (e.g. basehash parsing mismatches or esdk hash issues).
- Thinking about the idea of variable “filter” functions to help implementation of recipe class extensions (like native and nativesdk).
- Extending bitbake’s recipe syntax to support structured data.
- We’d welcome a proposal/series on how to move forward with the Y2038 work for 32 bit platforms.
- We have a growing number of bugs in bugzilla, any help with them is appreciated.
Ways to contribute:
- There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
- There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 4.2. See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_4.2_Unassigned_Enhancements.2FBugs
- We’d welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the list at: http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/maintainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to “Unassigned” soon to help facilitate this.
- Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT.
- Help us resolve CVE issues: CVE metrics
YP 4.2 Milestone Dates:
- YP 4.2 M1 build date 2022/12/05
- YP 4.2 M1 Release date 2022/12/16
- YP 4.2 M2 build date 2023/01/23
- YP 4.2 M2 Release date 2023/02/03
- YP 4.2 M3 build date 2023/02/20
- YP 4.2 M3 Release date 2023/03/03
- YP 4.2 M4 build date 2023/04/03
- YP 4.2 M4 Release date 2023/04/28
Upcoming dot releases:
- YP 4.1.1 is ready for release
- YP 3.1.21 build date 2022/11/28
- YP 3.1.21 Release date 2022/12/09
- YP 4.0.6 build date 2022/12/12
- YP 4.0.6 Release date 2022/12/23
- YP 4.1.2 build date 2023/01/09
- YP 4.1.2 Release date 2023/01/20
- YP 3.1.22 build date 2023/01/16
- YP 3.1.22 Release date 2023/01/27
- YP 4.0.7 build date 2023/01/30
- YP 4.0.7 Release date 2023/02/10
- YP 3.1.23 build date 2023/02/13
- YP 3.1.23 Release date 2023/02/24
- YP 4.0.8 build date 2023/02/27
- YP 4.0.8 Release date 2023/03/10
- YP 4.1.3 build date 2023/03/06
- YP 4.1.3 Release date 2023/03/17
- YP 3.1.24 build date 2023/03/20
- YP 3.1.24 Release date 2023/03/31
- YP 4.0.9 build date 2023/04/10
- YP 4.0.9 Release date 2023/04/21
- YP 4.1.4 build date 2023/05/01
- YP 4.1.4 Release date 2023/05/13
- YP 3.1.25 build date 2023/05/08
- YP 3.1.25 Release date 2023/05/19
- YP 4.0.10 build date 2023/05/15
- YP 4.0.10 Release date 2023/05/26
- WDD 2436 (last week 2434) (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
- OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics
- Total patches found: 1178 (last week 1187)
- Patches in the Pending State: 289 (25%) [last week 296 (25%)]
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
|1 - 1 of 1|