Yocto Project Status 8 November 2022 (WW45)
Current Dev Position: YP 4.2 M1
Next Deadline: 5th December 2022 YP 4.2 Build
Next Team Meetings:
- Bug Triage meeting Thursday November 10th 7:30 am PDT (https://zoom.us/j/454367603?pwd=ZGxoa2ZXL3FkM3Y0bFd5aVpHVVZ6dz09)
- Weekly Project Engineering Sync Tuesday November 8th at 8 am PDT (https://zoom.us/j/990892712?pwd=cHU1MjhoM2x6ck81bkcrYjRrcmJsUT09)
- Twitch - See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester
- YP 4.0.5 was released.
- There have been a number of important CVEs (e.g. the recent openssl one) which are merging to branches as they are ready, we suggest people keep an eye on the branches.
- Patches continue to flow steadily into master.
- The CVEs in master continue to fall and patches are flowing into the other stable branches.
- We are making some progress with patch submission upstream, including gcc. This does sometimes mean helping resolve other issues those patches then introduce which can be time consuming, thanks go to all helping work on this.
- The number of AB-INT issues continues to be of concern, we’re working to try and resolve the most frequently occurring issues to enable cleaner test runs but could use help.
- We do have a growing number of bugs in bugzilla, for example a number of rust bugs were opened recently. We are probably at an all time low on numbers of people able to work on bugs too which is a worrying combination.
- If anyone is working on features for 4.2, please do let us know about them so we can plan accordingly. Even an idea of what is coming is helpful to plan.
Ways to contribute:
- There are bugs identified as possible for newcomers to the project: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Newcomers
- There are bugs that are currently unassigned for YP 4.2. See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_4.2_Unassigned_Enhancements.2FBugs
- We’d welcome new maintainers for recipes in OE-Core. Please see the list at: http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/distro/include/maintainers.inc and discuss with the existing maintainer, or ask on the OE-Core mailing list. We will likely move a chunk of these to “Unassigned” soon to help facilitate this.
- Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT.
- Help us resolve CVE issues: CVE metrics
YP 4.2 Milestone Dates:
- YP 4.2 M1 build date 2022/12/05
- YP 4.2 M1 Release date 2022/12/16
- YP 4.2 M2 build date 2023/01/23
- YP 4.2 M2 Release date 2023/02/03
- YP 4.2 M3 build date 2023/02/20
- YP 4.2 M3 Release date 2023/03/03
- YP 4.2 M4 build date 2023/04/03
- YP 4.2 M4 Release date 2023/04/28
Upcoming dot releases:
- YP 4.0.5 is released
- YP 4.1.1 build date 2022/11/14
- YP 4.1.1 Release date 2022/11/25
- YP 3.1.21 build date 2022/11/28
- YP 3.1.21 Release date 2022/12/09
- YP 4.0.6 build date 2022/12/12
- YP 4.0.6 Release date 2022/12/23
- YP 4.1.2 build date 2023/01/09
- YP 4.1.2 Release date 2023/01/20
- YP 3.1.22 build date 2023/01/16
- YP 3.1.22 Release date 2023/01/27
- YP 4.0.7 build date 2023/01/30
- YP 4.0.7 Release date 2023/02/10
- YP 3.1.23 build date 2023/02/13
- YP 3.1.23 Release date 2023/02/24
- YP 4.0.8 build date 2023/02/27
- YP 4.0.8 Release date 2023/03/10
- YP 4.1.3 build date 2023/03/06
- YP 4.1.3 Release date 2023/03/17
- YP 3.1.24 build date 2023/03/20
- YP 3.1.24 Release date 2023/03/31
- YP 4.0.9 build date 2023/04/10
- YP 4.0.9 Release date 2023/04/21
- YP 4.1.4 build date 2023/05/01
- YP 4.1.4 Release date 2023/05/13
- YP 3.1.25 build date 2023/05/08
- YP 3.1.25 Release date 2023/05/19
- YP 4.0.10 build date 2023/05/15
- YP 4.0.10 Release date 2023/05/26
- WDD 2424 (last week 2412) (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
- OE-Core/Poky Patch Metrics
- Total patches found: 1201 (last week 1207)
- Patches in the Pending State: 296 (25%) [last week 309 (26%)]
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...
|1 - 1 of 1|