Date 1 - 2 of 2
Apply Rt-Patch in raspberry yocto image #patch #rpi #yocto #bitbake #dunfell
toggle quoted message Show quoted text
After applying the patch to the source, I suppose you built the kernel (and is just missing in your email) ? If not that is a quite important step missing ;)
1) preempt-rt patch is often very kernel version specific, while I see your two version don't exactly match: didn't it report any error? (would be lucky, but possible)
2) You would need also to configure the kernel to enable then the PREEMPT-RT and so on (this of course between applying the patch and rebuilding the kernel)
3) And of course then install the new generated image instead of the old one in a fashion of your choice
Il giorno ven 14 ott 2022 alle ore 07:41 Nikita Gupta <nikitagupta2509@...> ha scritto:
Nikita Gupta <nikitagupta2509@...>
I want to apply similar kernel version rt-patch in my rpi-basic-image for my raspberrypi4-64 machine. So, I tried to apply rt-patch for a standard rasbian image (5.15.61-v8+) but not got success. i did the following things.
1. I downloaded required kernel sources from the kernel building instructions (Raspberry Pi Documentation - The Linux kernel)
2. I downloaded https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/5.15/older/patch-5.15.65-rt49.patch.gz
3. zcat patch-5.15.65-rt49.patch.gz | patch -p1
But after rebooting my pi i am not able to see the patched kernel. I was about to do the same process with my rpi-basic-image. Can anyone tell me what things I am doing wrong?
Or please tell me the standard way of rt-patching the kernel through yocto .
Any reply would be highly appreicated. Thanks in Advance.
|1 - 2 of 2|