Current Dev Position: YP 4.1 M3 (Feature Freeze)
Next Deadline: 22nd August 2022 YP 4.1 M3 Build
Next Team Meetings:
- YP 4.0.3 was released
- YP 3.1.19 has been built and is in QA
- We are now at feature freeze for 4.1.
- The 4.1 build is planned as soon as we resolve the status of some pending patches. The known remaining issues are the rust automated tests, layer setup changes and gcc and rust version upgrades. We also need to fix some autobuilder errors such as the llvm reproducibility issue with mesa.
- Several patch series have been problematic in the last week which has put strain on our infrastructure, particularly the binutils upgrade.
- The CVE count for master rose sharply again this week due to multiple issues in vim and tiff. The vim issues have been patched, tiff hasn’t as yet.
- We have seen a sharp rise in the number of patches in OE-Core, particularly related to changes in new clang versions. Many of these have been submitted upstream and/or have good reasons for being present but we need to continue to work to reduce our patch burden.
- Help is very much welcome in trying to resolve our autobuilder intermittent issues. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
Ways to contribute:
YP 4.1 Milestone Dates:
- YP 4.1 M3 build date 2022/08/22
- YP 4.1 M3 Release date 2022/09/02
- YP 4.1 M4 build date 2022/10/03
- YP 4.1 M4 Release date 2022/10/28
Upcoming dot releases:
- YP 4.0.3 is released
- YP 3.1.19 is in QA
- YP 3.1.19 Release date 2022/09/09
- YP 4.0.4 build date 2022/09/19
- YP 4.0.4 Release date 2022/09/30
- YP 3.1.20 build date 2022/10/10
- YP 3.1.20 Release date 2022/10/21
- YP 4.0.5 build date 2022/10/31
- YP 4.0.5 Release date 2022/11/11
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...