[tsc] 3.4.2 rc1 QA


Raj, Khem <khem_raj@...>
 

Can we then keep meta-agl for LTS and master only ? as it seems that’s what it is going to support

 

From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Richard Purdie <richard.purdie@...>
Date: Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 2:45 AM
To: qa-build-notification <qa-build-notification@...>, Yocto TSC <tsc@...>, <yocto@...>
Cc: Teoh, Jay Shen <jay.shen.teoh@...>, Mittal, Anuj <anuj.mittal@...>, Michael Halstead <mhalstead@...>, Jan-Simon Moeller <dl9pf@...>, Scott Murray <scott.murray@...>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [tsc] 3.4.2 rc1 QA

3.4.2 rc1 was built on the autobuilder. It didn't send the QA email as that is
broken. I haven't sent it manually as we need to decide what to do with this
build. There was one failure and 8 warnings.

The failure was with meta-agl. As far as I know agl doesn't support honister and
the next branch has moved on for kirkstone. There is therefore an open question
about what we configure the autobuilder to do there.

The warnings all look to be from SDK testing with sstate server networking
issues. They shouldn't break the release and I don't believe there is any code
side issue beyond the server one.

Thoughts?

[Yes, we need to get these things fixed, I know. They are being worked on. I'm
resorting to merging master stuff blind at this point too as the issues affect
that as well.]

Cheers,

Richard


Richard Purdie
 

On Thu, 2022-02-10 at 16:30 +0000, Raj, Khem wrote:
Can we then keep meta-agl for LTS and master only ? as it seems that’s what it
is going to support
Yes, I got a reply from Scott/Jan-Simon saying to not test this on honister
going forward so I'll make that change. That shouldn't therefore block this
going into QA, just a question of the sstate issues.

If we did block on those, I'm not sure when we'd have them fixed by :/

Cheers,

Richard


Anuj Mittal
 

On Thu, 2022-02-10 at 16:32 +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
On Thu, 2022-02-10 at 16:30 +0000, Raj, Khem wrote:
Can we then keep meta-agl for LTS and master only ? as it seems
that’s what it
is going to support
Yes, I got a reply from Scott/Jan-Simon saying to not test this on
honister
going forward so I'll make that change. That shouldn't therefore
block this
going into QA, just a question of the sstate issues.

If we did block on those, I'm not sure when we'd have them fixed by
:/
I think we should not block the release because of this issue.

Thanks,

Anuj