How to submit/create a new repository in http://git.yoctoproject.org/


thloh85@...
 

Hi all,

I'm from StarFive and am working on distro for our risc-v based processor.
We currently have a repository (https://github.com/starfive-tech/meta-starfive) and wish to get the repository to be part of git.yoctoproject.org. 
I couldn't find any information on the process to get the repository into git.yoctoproject.org. Can someone help show me the process?

Thanks
Tien Hock


Alexander Kanavin
 

Hello Tien,

I have to ask first: is there a reason you'd like to have it there?

Alex


On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 at 06:02, <thloh85@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm from StarFive and am working on distro for our risc-v based processor.
We currently have a repository (https://github.com/starfive-tech/meta-starfive) and wish to get the repository to be part of git.yoctoproject.org
I couldn't find any information on the process to get the repository into git.yoctoproject.org. Can someone help show me the process?

Thanks
Tien Hock



tienhock.loh@...
 

Hi Alex,

Actually we'd like to have it up and get everything (including meta-riscv by Khem) into git.yoctoproject.org so that everything in consolidated into a central location.
Does that make sense? Or it is expected that vendors do host their own repository? I see meta-intel, meta-xillinx, so I suspect platform vendor should also get the layers into git.yoctoproject.org

I just read that we'll need to join membership to get repos into the git. I will discuss this with the management.

Thanks for the quick response Alex. 


Alexander Kanavin
 

There's also a more specific thing you'd need to resolve: I believe you'd need to pass all of the requirements listed here:

Alex


On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 at 11:58, <tienhock.loh@...> wrote:
Hi Alex,

Actually we'd like to have it up and get everything (including meta-riscv by Khem) into git.yoctoproject.org so that everything in consolidated into a central location.
Does that make sense? Or it is expected that vendors do host their own repository? I see meta-intel, meta-xillinx, so I suspect platform vendor should also get the layers into git.yoctoproject.org

I just read that we'll need to join membership to get repos into the git. I will discuss this with the management.

Thanks for the quick response Alex. 



Nicolas Dechesne
 

hey,

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 1:53 PM Alexander Kanavin <alex.kanavin@...> wrote:
There's also a more specific thing you'd need to resolve: I believe you'd need to pass all of the requirements listed here:

Not really. We definitely believe that the Yocto Project Compatible program is a valuable tool for our ecosystem. However, layers on git.yp.org are not required to be compatible. But that's a good suggestion for the future, perhaps ;) 


Alex

On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 at 11:58, <tienhock.loh@...> wrote:
Hi Alex,

Actually we'd like to have it up and get everything (including meta-riscv by Khem) into git.yoctoproject.org so that everything in consolidated into a central location.
Does that make sense? Or it is expected that vendors do host their own repository? I see meta-intel, meta-xillinx, so I suspect platform vendor should also get the layers into git.yoctoproject.org

I just read that we'll need to join membership to get repos into the git. I will discuss this with the management.

Thanks for the quick response Alex. 






Alexander Kanavin
 

On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 at 14:05, Nicolas Dechesne <nicolas.dechesne@...> wrote:
hey,

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 1:53 PM Alexander Kanavin <alex.kanavin@...> wrote:
There's also a more specific thing you'd need to resolve: I believe you'd need to pass all of the requirements listed here:

Not really. We definitely believe that the Yocto Project Compatible program is a valuable tool for our ecosystem. However, layers on git.yp.org are not required to be compatible. But that's a good suggestion for the future, perhaps ;) 

Still, that list has items that should be fulfilled even without seeking YP compatibility, for instance:

9. All layers contain a README file which details the origin of the layer, its maintainer, where to submit changes, and any dependencies or version requirements.

The layer linked above does not have that in its README. Passing the YP compatibility script is also a useful badge of quality.

Alex


Armin Kuster
 

Hello Tien,



On 10/7/21 9:02 PM, thloh85@gmail.com wrote:
Hi all,

I'm from StarFive and am working on distro for our risc-v based processor.
We currently have a repository
(https://github.com/starfive-tech/meta-starfive) and wish to get the
repository to be part of git.yoctoproject.org.
Since you already have a layer, have you thought about registering it
with the layer-index ? http://layers.openembedded.org

- Armin
I couldn't find any information on the process to get the repository
into git.yoctoproject.org. Can someone help show me the process?


Thanks
Tien Hock