Current Dev Position: YP 3.2 M3
Next Deadline: YP 3.2 M3 Feature Freeze - Now
Next Team Meetings:
- M3 has now closed and we’re at feature freeze for 3.2.
- We continue to be in holding pattern for M3 whilst we sort out the sphinx documentation migration. We’re at a point where we just need to press on and complete it.
- There are three significant autobuilder issues being faced currently:
- qemumips fails with systemd with 256MB memory, it needs 512MB. If we enable 512MB, we see random hangs. Unless someone can debug and sort the qemu memory issues, we may end up disabling core-image-sato-sdk and core-image-full-cmdline for qemumips+systemd
- networking with qemu images appears to glitch at times (particularly slower targets such as ltp and qemumips), the session stalls with “no route to host”. We need better serial interrogation to determine the state of qemu when this happens, its unclear if qemu/kernel hangs, networking fails or what is breaking.
- The timeouts in bitbake have been narrowed down to the “SyncThread” which writes out the cache data to disk stalling for around 90s. We don’t have a plan to address this right now but its at least process in identifying the cause
- The bitbake parsing hangs should hopefully all be resolved now, thanks to Joshua for help there.
- A preview of the sphinx built documentation is available at https://docs.yoctoproject.org/, work is ongoing to complete the migration work and blocking M3.
- We continue to struggle with a number of autobuilder intermittent bugs. You can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT
Help with any of these would be much appreciated, unfortunately it is proving hard to find anyone interested in helping figure these out and they significantly hamper our testing.
YP 3.2 Milestone Dates:
- YP 3.2 M3 build date 2020/8/31
- YP 3.2 M3 Release date 2020/9/11
- YP 3.2 M4 build date 2020/10/5
- YP 3.2 M4 Release date 2020/10/30
Planned upcoming dot releases:
- YP 3.1.3 build date 2020/9/14
- YP 3.1.3 release date 2020/9/25
The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
( Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm@...