Query on building applications and catch exceptions across different shared libraries

SIMON BABY

Hello,

I have an issue with my throw , catch code in c++.  If i throw an error after the openssl library call, my application crashes.  If my application wishes to throw and catch exceptions across different shared libraries do we have any specific settings I can add in my bitbake recipe?

regards
Simon

Khem Raj

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 5:18 PM SIMON BABY <simonkbaby@...> wrote:

Hello,

I have an issue with my throw , catch code in c++. If i throw an error after the openssl library call, my application crashes. If my application wishes to throw and catch exceptions across different shared libraries do we have any specific settings I can add in my bitbake recipe?
are you using -fexceptions to compile your application ?

regards
Simon

SIMON BABY

No I am not using -fexceptions compiler flag .

Rgds
Simon

On Wednesday, September 2, 2020, Khem Raj <raj.khem@...> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 5:18 PM SIMON BABY <simonkbaby@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an issue with my throw , catch code in c++.  If i throw an error after the openssl library call, my application crashes.  If my application wishes to throw and catch exceptions across different shared libraries do we have any specific settings I can add in my bitbake recipe?

are you using -fexceptions to compile your application ?

> regards
> Simon

Khem Raj

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 8:06 PM SIMON BABY <simonkbaby@...> wrote:

No I am not using -fexceptions compiler flag .
OK please add it to your CXXFLAGS and see if it helps.