Topics

Which package for nandbiterrs?


JH
 

Hi,

I built the image in thud to include following MTD receipts:

mtd-utils
mtd-utils-ubifs
mtd-utils-tests

But the nandbiterrs is still missing, which package for nandbiterrs?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jh


Marek Belisko
 

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:09 PM JH <jupiter.hce@...> wrote:

Hi,

I built the image in thud to include following MTD receipts:

mtd-utils
mtd-utils-ubifs
mtd-utils-tests

But the nandbiterrs is still missing, which package for nandbiterrs?
Are you referring to this one:
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/mtd/tests/nandbiterrs.c
Then it's in kernel (not sure if tests are build though).

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jh
BR,

marek


JH
 

On 2/4/20, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@...> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:09 PM JH <jupiter.hce@...> wrote:

Hi,

I built the image in thud to include following MTD receipts:

mtd-utils
mtd-utils-ubifs
mtd-utils-tests

But the nandbiterrs is still missing, which package for nandbiterrs?
Are you referring to this one:
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/mtd/tests/nandbiterrs.c
Then it's in kernel (not sure if tests are build though).
I think so, I have enabled CONFIG_MTD_TESTS=y, it still does not have
nandbiterrs. I built it with kernel 4.19.75, did you mean the that
build could not include that test file?

Thanks marek,

- jh


Marek Belisko
 

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:22 PM JH <jupiter.hce@...> wrote:

On 2/4/20, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@...> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:09 PM JH <jupiter.hce@...> wrote:

Hi,

I built the image in thud to include following MTD receipts:

mtd-utils
mtd-utils-ubifs
mtd-utils-tests

But the nandbiterrs is still missing, which package for nandbiterrs?
Are you referring to this one:
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/mtd/tests/nandbiterrs.c
Then it's in kernel (not sure if tests are build though).
I think so, I have enabled CONFIG_MTD_TESTS=y, it still does not have
nandbiterrs. I built it with kernel 4.19.75, did you mean the that
build could not include that test file?
Well did you check build directory if it was really build (check
.config)? Or better try to build as module and install kernel-modules
and then you can modprobe it.

Thanks marek,

- jh
BR,

marek


Marek Belisko
 

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:43 PM Marek Belisko via
Lists.Yoctoproject.Org
<marek.belisko=gmail.com@...> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:22 PM JH <jupiter.hce@...> wrote:

On 2/4/20, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@...> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:09 PM JH <jupiter.hce@...> wrote:

Hi,

I built the image in thud to include following MTD receipts:

mtd-utils
mtd-utils-ubifs
mtd-utils-tests

But the nandbiterrs is still missing, which package for nandbiterrs?
Are you referring to this one:
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/mtd/tests/nandbiterrs.c
Then it's in kernel (not sure if tests are build though).
I think so, I have enabled CONFIG_MTD_TESTS=y, it still does not have
nandbiterrs. I built it with kernel 4.19.75, did you mean the that
build could not include that test file?
Well did you check build directory if it was really build (check
.config)? Or better try to build as module and install kernel-modules
and then you can modprobe it.
Looking at code did you supply kernel arguments for test module:
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/mtd/tests/nandbiterrs.c#L42

Thanks marek,

- jh
BR,

marek
marek


JH
 

On 2/4/20, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@...> wrote:
Well did you check build directory if it was really build (check
.config)? Or better try to build as module and install kernel-modules
and then you can modprobe it.
Looking at code did you supply kernel arguments for test module:
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/mtd/tests/nandbiterrs.c#L42
Hmm, tried:

# modprobe mtd_nandbiterrs
[ 695.090585]
[ 695.092143] ==================================================
[ 695.098317] mtd_nandbiterrs: MTD device: 0
[ 695.114256] mtd_nandbiterrs: MTD device size 1048576, eraseblock=131072, pag4
[ 695.122867] mtd_nandbiterrs: Device uses 1 subpages of 2048 bytes
[ 695.129138] mtd_nandbiterrs: Using page=0, offset=0, eraseblock=0
[ 695.144888] mtd_nandbiterrs: incremental biterrors test
[ 695.150594] mtd_nandbiterrs: write_page
[ 695.158629] mtd_nandbiterrs: rewrite page
[ 695.163488] mtd_nandbiterrs: read_page
[ 695.170790] mtd_nandbiterrs: verify_page
[ 695.174887] mtd_nandbiterrs: Successfully corrected 0 bit errors per subpage
[ 695.182279] mtd_nandbiterrs: Inserted biterror @ 0/5
[ 695.187387] mtd_nandbiterrs: rewrite page
[ 695.196243] mtd_nandbiterrs: read_page
[ 695.202608] mtd_nandbiterrs: Read reported 1 corrected bit errors
[ 695.209115] mtd_nandbiterrs: verify_page
[ 695.213192] mtd_nandbiterrs: Successfully corrected 1 bit errors per subpage
[ 695.220361] mtd_nandbiterrs: Inserted biterror @ 0/2
[ 695.225361] mtd_nandbiterrs: rewrite page
[ 695.235261] mtd_nandbiterrs: read_page
[ 695.240237] mtd_nandbiterrs: Read reported 2 corrected bit errors
[ 695.246384] mtd_nandbiterrs: verify_page
[ 695.250771] mtd_nandbiterrs: Successfully corrected 2 bit errors per subpage
[ 695.257984] mtd_nandbiterrs: Inserted biterror @ 0/0
[ 695.262984] mtd_nandbiterrs: rewrite page
[ 695.273646] mtd_nandbiterrs: read_page
[ 695.280000] mtd_nandbiterrs: Read reported 2 corrected bit errors
[ 695.286230] mtd_nandbiterrs: verify_page
[ 695.290489] mtd_nandbiterrs: Error: page offset 0, expected 25, got 00
[ 695.297155] mtd_nandbiterrs: Error: page offset 282, expected 29, got 28
[ 695.303897] mtd_nandbiterrs: Error: page offset 359, expected a7, got 27
[ 695.310834] mtd_nandbiterrs: ECC failure, read data is incorrect despite reas
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'mtd_nandbiterrs': Input/output error

Now I am in trouble, what is that error means?

Thank you marek,

- jh


Marek Belisko
 

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 1:22 PM JH <jupiter.hce@...> wrote:

On 2/4/20, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@...> wrote:
Well did you check build directory if it was really build (check
.config)? Or better try to build as module and install kernel-modules
and then you can modprobe it.
Looking at code did you supply kernel arguments for test module:
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/mtd/tests/nandbiterrs.c#L42
Hmm, tried:

# modprobe mtd_nandbiterrs
[ 695.090585]
[ 695.092143] ==================================================
[ 695.098317] mtd_nandbiterrs: MTD device: 0
[ 695.114256] mtd_nandbiterrs: MTD device size 1048576, eraseblock=131072, pag4
[ 695.122867] mtd_nandbiterrs: Device uses 1 subpages of 2048 bytes
[ 695.129138] mtd_nandbiterrs: Using page=0, offset=0, eraseblock=0
[ 695.144888] mtd_nandbiterrs: incremental biterrors test
[ 695.150594] mtd_nandbiterrs: write_page
[ 695.158629] mtd_nandbiterrs: rewrite page
[ 695.163488] mtd_nandbiterrs: read_page
[ 695.170790] mtd_nandbiterrs: verify_page
[ 695.174887] mtd_nandbiterrs: Successfully corrected 0 bit errors per subpage
[ 695.182279] mtd_nandbiterrs: Inserted biterror @ 0/5
[ 695.187387] mtd_nandbiterrs: rewrite page
[ 695.196243] mtd_nandbiterrs: read_page
[ 695.202608] mtd_nandbiterrs: Read reported 1 corrected bit errors
[ 695.209115] mtd_nandbiterrs: verify_page
[ 695.213192] mtd_nandbiterrs: Successfully corrected 1 bit errors per subpage
[ 695.220361] mtd_nandbiterrs: Inserted biterror @ 0/2
[ 695.225361] mtd_nandbiterrs: rewrite page
[ 695.235261] mtd_nandbiterrs: read_page
[ 695.240237] mtd_nandbiterrs: Read reported 2 corrected bit errors
[ 695.246384] mtd_nandbiterrs: verify_page
[ 695.250771] mtd_nandbiterrs: Successfully corrected 2 bit errors per subpage
[ 695.257984] mtd_nandbiterrs: Inserted biterror @ 0/0
[ 695.262984] mtd_nandbiterrs: rewrite page
[ 695.273646] mtd_nandbiterrs: read_page
[ 695.280000] mtd_nandbiterrs: Read reported 2 corrected bit errors
[ 695.286230] mtd_nandbiterrs: verify_page
[ 695.290489] mtd_nandbiterrs: Error: page offset 0, expected 25, got 00
[ 695.297155] mtd_nandbiterrs: Error: page offset 282, expected 29, got 28
[ 695.303897] mtd_nandbiterrs: Error: page offset 359, expected a7, got 27
[ 695.310834] mtd_nandbiterrs: ECC failure, read data is incorrect despite reas
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'mtd_nandbiterrs': Input/output error
Well looks like some ecc issue (just blind guess). This is
unfortunately out of scope of this forum.
Pls ask on kernel mailing list. Thanks.

Now I am in trouble, what is that error means?

Thank you marek,

- jh
BR,

marek