Where to get kconfig-frontends package?

Matouš Pokorný <matous.pokorny@...>

Hello!

I come from NuttX RTOS project (nuttx.org), and we use Kconfig tool for configuration. The toolchain build script gets kconfig-frontends source code from the same server as Yocto (http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org). The server is down for approx. one week and it caused the fail during the toolchain building. Have you met this problem as well? We would like to switch to another more reliable repository, but I read, the server's owner is one of the Linux core developers. So the server is a kind of primary source. Do you have a suggestion on how to solve this problem? I would like to ask you for help because you know the Linux ecosystem and are in the same situation as we are.

Thank you.

Matous Pokorny
Embedded System Developer

DataVision s.r.o.
Ukrajinska 2a
101 00 Praha 10
Czech Republic

GSM: (+420) 723 280 471

Peter Kjellerstedt

I have been in contact with Yann E Morin, the maintainer of the kconfig-frontends repository, and it turns out his server did not survive their last move of house. However, he pointed out that he has published the code to GitLab and recommended to use that repository instead: https://gitlab.com/ymorin/kconfig-frontends

I will send a patch to the openembedded-devel list to update the recipe to use the GitLab repository.

//Peter

[...]

Thank you very much for helpful answer. So, we switch the source to this.

Matous Pokorny
Embedded System Developer

DataVision s.r.o.
Ukrajinska 2a