libstdc++fs on toolchain

João Gonçalves <joao.jfgoncalves@...>

Hello,
I'm trying to build a c++ cross toolchain to compile to imx6 (armv7). But I need libstdc++fs library, which does not come with it. Until gcc 8.0 this is an experimental library.

I've tested with gcc 7.3 and with gcc 8.2 and and none have the libstdc++fs library.
On my host machine the library is at /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/libstdc++fs.a

Does anyone know how to include this library on a yocto generated toolchain?

Thank you,
Joao Goncalves

Mikko Rapeli

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 03:24:00PM +0000, João Gonçalves wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to build a c++ cross toolchain to compile to imx6 (armv7). But I
need libstdc++fs library, which does not come with it. Until gcc 8.0 this
is an experimental library.

I've tested with gcc 7.3 and with gcc 8.2 and and none have the libstdc++fs
library.
On my host machine the library is at
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/libstdc++fs.a

Does anyone know how to include this library on a yocto generated toolchain?
At least on x86 targets, it's available from gcc-runtime recipe and
libstdc++-staticdev binary package on sumo/yocto 2.5 and later.

-Mikko

João Gonçalves <joao.jfgoncalves@...>

> I've tested with gcc 7.3 and with gcc 8.2 and and none have the libstdc++fs
> library.
> On my host machine the library is at
> /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/libstdc++fs.a
>
> Does anyone know how to include this library on a yocto generated toolchain?

At least on x86 targets, it's available from gcc-runtime recipe and
libstdc++-staticdev binary package on sumo/yocto 2.5 and later.

Yes, It is available on libstdc++-staticdev, thank you
But now it wasn't installed on toolchain sysroot  (built with my image  do_populate_sdk)

I tested adding libstdc++-staticdev to IMAGE_INSTALL.

Adding it to TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK and TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK make the populate_sdk fail.

Isn't  the TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK the right way to add a package only to the toolchain?