Adding headers to tool chain

Joel Parker <joelparker27@...>

I bitbake a recipe that has sqlite3 in it, bitbake pulls it down and everything is built correctly.
Then I run the following commands:

$ bitbake meta-toolchain
$ sh poky-eglibc-x86_64-meta-toolchain-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-toolchain-1.5+snapshot.sh

everything finishes without errors but when I look for sqlite3.h in /opt/poky/1.5.1/sysroots the header doesn't exist but if I go to my root bsp directory and do a find it is in many directories. How do I get this header file into my tool chain ?

-- Joel

Khem Raj

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Joel Parker <joelparker27@...> wrote:
$ bitbake meta-toolchain
do bitbake -cpopulate_sdk <image-to-which-you-added-sqlite>
and install that SDK

Rick Bianchi <bianchirickkutta@...>

Khem,
Is this the same process if I needed to get the kernel headers and source onto the build?

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@...> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Joel Parker <joelparker27@...> wrote:
> $ bitbake meta-toolchain

do bitbake -cpopulate_sdk <image-to-which-you-added-sqlite>
and install that SDK

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Rick Bianchi
<bianchirickkutta@...> wrote:
Khem,
Is this the same process if I needed to get the kernel headers and source
onto the build?
this is application development so kernel headers for userspace will be there.

wrote:
$ bitbake meta-toolchain
do bitbake -cpopulate_sdk <image-to-which-you-added-sqlite>
and install that SDK

Rick Bianchi <bianchirickkutta@...>

Khem,
I did the following, but still no headers and source in /usr/src:

bitbake meta-toolchain

bitbake -cpopulate_sdk gumstix-console-image

<bianchirickkutta@...> wrote:
> Khem,
> Is this the same process if I needed to get the kernel headers and source
> onto the build?

this is application development so kernel headers for userspace will be there.

> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@...> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Joel Parker <joelparker27@...>
>> wrote:
>> > $ bitbake meta-toolchain
>>
>> do bitbake -cpopulate_sdk <image-to-which-you-added-sqlite>
>> and install that SDK

-Khem
On Mar 6, 2014 4:30 PM, "Rick Bianchi" <bianchirickkutta@...> wrote:

> Khem,
> I did the following, but still no headers and source in /usr/src:

yes its application sdk not kernel or device driver sdk

> bitbake meta-toolchain
>
> bitbake -cpopulate_sdk gumstix-console-image
>

> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@...> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Rick Bianchi
>> <bianchirickkutta@...> wrote:
>> > Khem,
>> > Is this the same process if I needed to get the kernel headers and source
>> > onto the build?
>> >

>> this is application development so kernel headers for userspace will be there.

Rick Bianchi <bianchirickkutta@...>

I see.

What do I need to do to add the kernel headers and kernel source to the gumstix-console-image?

Thanks,
Rick