Minutes: Yocto Technical Team Meeting - (Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada))


Liu, Song <song.liu@...>
 

Action Items:
 
- Saul: work with Mark, Beth together to decide if we can delay RC3 to accommodate fixes for RPM dependency issues in RC3 in order to reduce the risk of RC4.
- Paul: will send out email to the mailing lists to advertize the wiki page for tested distros and collect the list from the community and the public.
 
Attendees:
Darren, ScottR, Jessica, Beth, Mark, Paul, Matthew, Saul, Josh, Denys, Tom, Song
 
Agenda:
 
* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.1 M4 status review and issues - 15 min (team) https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.1_Release_Criteria#Milestone_
- Bug fixing summary and issues (Song):
. We still have 31 bugs left for 1.1 and 7 of them are high bugs. Our focus is still bug fixing. Even though most of the medium bugs won't be included in Yocto 1.1 release, we should still try our best to get them in the master
1492-Saul: 2 parts, 1 part we already have a fix. The other part should be done by tonight.
1466-Mark: no need to be fixed by this release.
1489: this problem was found on ARM also, and it's fixed for ARM. It should be re-verified and see if it's already been fixed.
1444: this one should be fixed. Need to be marked as resolved for QA to verify.
1457: Mark is working on this one, change owner to Mark.
- Build status and QA (Beth/Song)
Minor issues with autobuilders. Should be resolved before RC3. BSPs for RC2 have been build. ADT tool chain is complete for RC2 also.
- Release schedule:
. Mirror on kernel.org is still down. Mark has some fixes (related to 1457) that need to be included in 1.1 release. It's better if these fixes can be included in RC3 so we can reduce the risk of RC4. Saul will work with Mark, Beth together to decide if we can delay RC3 to accommodate these fixes in RC3.
. We still have remaining autobuilder issues and high bugs that we cannot get in RC3, so we have to have a RC4. This will delay our Yocto 1.1 release to Oct 17th, 2011.
* Opens
- videos for ADT and HOB (ScottR): Jessica is setting up the environment in order to produce the ADT screen cast. HOB will be handled by Joshua. ScottR is wafting for these videos.
- Beagle board testing firmware package (Darren):
Darren would like to have testing done one newer Beagle Board revisions. If anyone has these boards can help. Paul has rev B (BB XM) board.
Darren would like to have guideline for recipes to package firmware. (Josh) We already have a recipe for that to package firmware. Darren will look into it.
- RPM dependency generation (Mark):
Part of the problem will be fixed by 1457. Mark will file an enhancement bug to track the other part that we cannot do anything at this point.
- tested distros (Paul): We will need to collect the list from the team and the community. Paul takes the action item to send out emails.
 
* Weekly team sharing
Tom: install changes from oe-core, bug tracing and fixing last week. Working on Emenlow moving 3.0, basically works, some issues remain, hopefully will be fixed soon. More bug fixing this week, BSP review and related work.
Denys: was working on toolchain, Yocto, OE core, meta-oe (Sorry, Denys, I did not catch much, please feel free to add here)
Josh: Bug fixes last week, bug fix on medium and high, and video scrip this week.
Saul: working on reviewing patches, bug fixes, IP scan, blocker: Richard's remoteness and travel. Darren will be Richard this week :)
Matthew: working on getting build working on boards, basic testing.
Paul: fixing bugs as they come up until we have a release, getting the tested distro list complete.
Mark: working on the RPM dependency and multi-lib
Beth: RC2 is pushed out, fixes for RC3, ADT repo.
Jessica: setting up environment for screen cast of ADT. Running into all kinds of issues, have to debug issues. Working on various things for the release, working with ScottR on the ADT manual.
ScottR: finished the ADT menu, moved on to the development manual. Waiting on the ADT screen cast. Would like to make a pass to every book before release.
Darren: Doing internal BSP work, continuing to look at reduced kernel image size, boot time. Trying to throw together some tools to help identify the places in the kernel to focus on. Sending out review request on this and will do another round of changes


Liu, Song <song.liu@...>
 

Sorry, missed the information from the Shanghai team:

Jiajun/Wenhua:
Last week they were testing M4 RC2, it was still ongoing because BSP blocked testing.
This week plan to finish RC2 testing. It seems the BSP sharing folder issue was resolved.

Dexuan:
Last week fixed 1070 and identified 1443 was prelink issue owned by Mark.
This week continue to work on 1085.

Dongxiao:
Fixed multiple providers issue for multilib. (no bug number) Communicated with Mark on another multilib issue.
This week continued to work on 1457, and other new bugs.

Ke:
Last week worked on 1442, OpenGL issue, and prepared for v1.2 UI review. And processed some pending patches for upstream.
This week 1442 was transferred to Edwin, and this week will do UI review and ops review.

Edwin:
Fixed 1440.
This week will fix 1442.

Lianhao
Fixed 1486 last week.
This week continue to fix 1489.

All:
Update distro_tracking_fields.inc for those 63 packages missing 2 major distros.

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto-bounces@... [mailto:yocto-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Liu, Song
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:05 PM
To: yocto@...
Subject: [yocto] Minutes: Yocto Technical Team Meeting - (Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada))

Action Items:
 
- Saul: work with Mark, Beth together to decide if we can delay RC3 to accommodate fixes for RPM dependency issues in RC3 in order to reduce the risk of RC4.
- Paul: will send out email to the mailing lists to advertize the wiki page for tested distros and collect the list from the community and the public.
 
Attendees:
Darren, ScottR, Jessica, Beth, Mark, Paul, Matthew, Saul, Josh, Denys, Tom, Song
 
Agenda:
 
* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.1 M4 status review and issues - 15 min (team) https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.1_Release_Criteria#Milestone_
- Bug fixing summary and issues (Song):
. We still have 31 bugs left for 1.1 and 7 of them are high bugs. Our focus is still bug fixing. Even though most of the medium bugs won't be included in Yocto 1.1 release, we should still try our best to get them in the master
1492-Saul: 2 parts, 1 part we already have a fix. The other part should be done by tonight.
1466-Mark: no need to be fixed by this release.
1489: this problem was found on ARM also, and it's fixed for ARM. It should be re-verified and see if it's already been fixed.
1444: this one should be fixed. Need to be marked as resolved for QA to verify.
1457: Mark is working on this one, change owner to Mark.
- Build status and QA (Beth/Song)
Minor issues with autobuilders. Should be resolved before RC3. BSPs for RC2 have been build. ADT tool chain is complete for RC2 also.
- Release schedule:
. Mirror on kernel.org is still down. Mark has some fixes (related to 1457) that need to be included in 1.1 release. It's better if these fixes can be included in RC3 so we can reduce the risk of RC4. Saul will work with Mark, Beth together to decide if we can delay RC3 to accommodate these fixes in RC3.
. We still have remaining autobuilder issues and high bugs that we cannot get in RC3, so we have to have a RC4. This will delay our Yocto 1.1 release to Oct 17th, 2011.
* Opens
- videos for ADT and HOB (ScottR): Jessica is setting up the environment in order to produce the ADT screen cast. HOB will be handled by Joshua. ScottR is wafting for these videos.
- Beagle board testing firmware package (Darren):
Darren would like to have testing done one newer Beagle Board revisions. If anyone has these boards can help. Paul has rev B (BB XM) board.
Darren would like to have guideline for recipes to package firmware. (Josh) We already have a recipe for that to package firmware. Darren will look into it.
- RPM dependency generation (Mark):
Part of the problem will be fixed by 1457. Mark will file an enhancement bug to track the other part that we cannot do anything at this point.
- tested distros (Paul): We will need to collect the list from the team and the community. Paul takes the action item to send out emails.
 
* Weekly team sharing
Tom: install changes from oe-core, bug tracing and fixing last week. Working on Emenlow moving 3.0, basically works, some issues remain, hopefully will be fixed soon. More bug fixing this week, BSP review and related work.
Denys: was working on toolchain, Yocto, OE core, meta-oe (Sorry, Denys, I did not catch much, please feel free to add here)
Josh: Bug fixes last week, bug fix on medium and high, and video scrip this week.
Saul: working on reviewing patches, bug fixes, IP scan, blocker: Richard's remoteness and travel. Darren will be Richard this week :)
Matthew: working on getting build working on boards, basic testing.
Paul: fixing bugs as they come up until we have a release, getting the tested distro list complete.
Mark: working on the RPM dependency and multi-lib
Beth: RC2 is pushed out, fixes for RC3, ADT repo.
Jessica: setting up environment for screen cast of ADT. Running into all kinds of issues, have to debug issues. Working on various things for the release, working with ScottR on the ADT manual.
ScottR: finished the ADT menu, moved on to the development manual. Waiting on the ADT screen cast. Would like to make a pass to every book before release.
Darren: Doing internal BSP work, continuing to look at reduced kernel image size, boot time. Trying to throw together some tools to help identify the places in the kernel to focus on. Sending out review request on this and will do another round of changes


_______________________________________________
yocto mailing list
yocto@...
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/yocto


McClintock Matthew-B29882 <B29882@...>
 

All,

I was dropped from the call a lot this morning from my connection.
What was the status on prelink on 64-bit? Did we elect to disable it
for 64-bit?

Thanks,
Matthew

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 12:20 AM, Liu, Song <song.liu@...> wrote:
Sorry, missed the information from the Shanghai team:

Jiajun/Wenhua:
Last week they were testing M4 RC2, it was still ongoing because BSP blocked testing.
This week plan to finish RC2 testing. It seems the BSP sharing folder issue was resolved.

Dexuan:
Last week fixed 1070 and identified 1443 was prelink issue owned by Mark.
This week continue to work on 1085.

Dongxiao:
Fixed multiple providers issue for multilib. (no bug number) Communicated with Mark on another multilib issue.
This week continued to work on 1457, and other new bugs.

Ke:
Last week worked on 1442, OpenGL issue, and prepared for v1.2 UI review. And processed some pending patches for upstream.
This week 1442 was transferred to Edwin, and this week will do UI review and ops review.

Edwin:
Fixed 1440.
This week will fix 1442.

Lianhao
Fixed 1486 last week.
This week continue to fix 1489.

All:
Update distro_tracking_fields.inc for those 63 packages missing 2 major distros.

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto-bounces@... [mailto:yocto-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Liu, Song
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:05 PM
To: yocto@...
Subject: [yocto] Minutes: Yocto Technical Team Meeting - (Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada))

Action Items:

- Saul: work with Mark, Beth together to decide if we can delay RC3 to accommodate fixes for RPM dependency issues in RC3 in order to reduce the risk of RC4.
- Paul: will send out email to the mailing lists to advertize the wiki page for tested distros and collect the list from the community and the public.

Attendees:
Darren, ScottR, Jessica, Beth, Mark, Paul, Matthew, Saul, Josh, Denys, Tom, Song

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.1 M4 status review and issues - 15 min (team) https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.1_Release_Criteria#Milestone_
 - Bug fixing summary and issues (Song):
   . We still have 31 bugs left for 1.1 and 7 of them are high bugs. Our focus is still bug fixing. Even though most of the medium bugs won't be included in Yocto 1.1 release, we should still try our best to get them in the master
   1492-Saul: 2 parts, 1 part we already have a fix. The other part should be done by tonight.
   1466-Mark: no need to be fixed by this release.
   1489: this problem was found on ARM also, and it's fixed for ARM. It should be re-verified and see if it's already been fixed.
   1444: this one should be fixed. Need to be marked as resolved for QA to verify.
   1457: Mark is working on this one, change owner to Mark.
 - Build status and QA (Beth/Song)
   Minor issues with autobuilders. Should be resolved before RC3. BSPs for RC2 have been build. ADT tool chain is complete for RC2 also.
 - Release schedule:
   . Mirror on kernel.org is still down. Mark has some fixes (related to 1457) that need to be included in 1.1 release. It's better if these fixes can be included in RC3 so we can reduce the risk of RC4. Saul will work with Mark, Beth together to decide if we can delay RC3 to accommodate these fixes in RC3.
   . We still have remaining autobuilder issues and high bugs that we cannot get in RC3, so we have to have a RC4. This will delay our Yocto 1.1 release to Oct 17th, 2011.
* Opens
 - videos for ADT and HOB (ScottR): Jessica is setting up the environment in order to produce the ADT screen cast. HOB will be handled by Joshua. ScottR is wafting for these videos.
 - Beagle board testing firmware package (Darren):
   Darren would like to have testing done one newer Beagle Board revisions. If anyone has these boards can help. Paul has rev B (BB XM) board.
   Darren would like to have guideline for recipes to package firmware. (Josh) We already have a recipe for that to package firmware. Darren will look into it.
 - RPM dependency generation (Mark):
   Part of the problem will be fixed by 1457. Mark will file an enhancement bug to track the other part that we cannot do anything at this point.
 - tested distros (Paul): We will need to collect the list from the team and the community. Paul takes the action item to send out emails.

* Weekly team sharing
 Tom: install changes from oe-core, bug tracing and fixing last week. Working on Emenlow moving 3.0, basically works, some issues remain, hopefully will be fixed soon. More bug fixing this week, BSP review and related work.
 Denys: was working on toolchain, Yocto, OE core, meta-oe (Sorry, Denys, I did not catch much, please feel free to add here)
 Josh: Bug fixes last week, bug fix on medium and high, and video scrip this week.
 Saul: working on reviewing patches, bug fixes, IP scan, blocker: Richard's remoteness and travel. Darren will be Richard this week :)
 Matthew: working on getting build working on boards, basic testing.
 Paul: fixing bugs as they come up until we have a release, getting the tested distro list complete.
 Mark: working on the RPM dependency and multi-lib
 Beth: RC2 is pushed out, fixes for RC3, ADT repo.
 Jessica: setting up environment for screen cast of ADT. Running into all kinds of issues, have to debug issues. Working on various things for the release, working with ScottR on the ADT manual.
 ScottR: finished the ADT menu, moved on to the development manual. Waiting on the ADT screen cast. Would like to make a pass to every book before release.
 Darren: Doing internal BSP work, continuing to look at reduced kernel image size, boot time. Trying to throw together some tools to help identify the places in the kernel to focus on. Sending out review request on this and will do another round of changes


_______________________________________________
yocto mailing list
yocto@...
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/yocto
_______________________________________________
yocto mailing list
yocto@...
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/yocto


Liu, Song <song.liu@...>
 

Matthew, I believe Mark fixed this problem.

Mark, would you please confirm that?

Thanks,
Song

-----Original Message-----
From: McClintock Matthew-B29882 [mailto:B29882@...]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:31 PM
To: Liu, Song
Cc: yocto@...
Subject: Re: [yocto] Minutes: Yocto Technical Team Meeting - (Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada))

All,

I was dropped from the call a lot this morning from my connection.
What was the status on prelink on 64-bit? Did we elect to disable it
for 64-bit?

Thanks,
Matthew

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 12:20 AM, Liu, Song <song.liu@...> wrote:
Sorry, missed the information from the Shanghai team:

Jiajun/Wenhua:
Last week they were testing M4 RC2, it was still ongoing because BSP blocked testing.
This week plan to finish RC2 testing. It seems the BSP sharing folder issue was resolved.

Dexuan:
Last week fixed 1070 and identified 1443 was prelink issue owned by Mark.
This week continue to work on 1085.

Dongxiao:
Fixed multiple providers issue for multilib. (no bug number) Communicated with Mark on another multilib issue.
This week continued to work on 1457, and other new bugs.

Ke:
Last week worked on 1442, OpenGL issue, and prepared for v1.2 UI review. And processed some pending patches for upstream.
This week 1442 was transferred to Edwin, and this week will do UI review and ops review.

Edwin:
Fixed 1440.
This week will fix 1442.

Lianhao
Fixed 1486 last week.
This week continue to fix 1489.

All:
Update distro_tracking_fields.inc for those 63 packages missing 2 major distros.

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto-bounces@... [mailto:yocto-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Liu, Song
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:05 PM
To: yocto@...
Subject: [yocto] Minutes: Yocto Technical Team Meeting - (Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada))

Action Items:

- Saul: work with Mark, Beth together to decide if we can delay RC3 to accommodate fixes for RPM dependency issues in RC3 in order to reduce the risk of RC4.
- Paul: will send out email to the mailing lists to advertize the wiki page for tested distros and collect the list from the community and the public.

Attendees:
Darren, ScottR, Jessica, Beth, Mark, Paul, Matthew, Saul, Josh, Denys, Tom, Song

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.1 M4 status review and issues - 15 min (team) https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.1_Release_Criteria#Milestone_
 - Bug fixing summary and issues (Song):
   . We still have 31 bugs left for 1.1 and 7 of them are high bugs. Our focus is still bug fixing. Even though most of the medium bugs won't be included in Yocto 1.1 release, we should still try our best to get them in the master
   1492-Saul: 2 parts, 1 part we already have a fix. The other part should be done by tonight.
   1466-Mark: no need to be fixed by this release.
   1489: this problem was found on ARM also, and it's fixed for ARM. It should be re-verified and see if it's already been fixed.
   1444: this one should be fixed. Need to be marked as resolved for QA to verify.
   1457: Mark is working on this one, change owner to Mark.
 - Build status and QA (Beth/Song)
   Minor issues with autobuilders. Should be resolved before RC3. BSPs for RC2 have been build. ADT tool chain is complete for RC2 also.
 - Release schedule:
   . Mirror on kernel.org is still down. Mark has some fixes (related to 1457) that need to be included in 1.1 release. It's better if these fixes can be included in RC3 so we can reduce the risk of RC4. Saul will work with Mark, Beth together to decide if we can delay RC3 to accommodate these fixes in RC3.
   . We still have remaining autobuilder issues and high bugs that we cannot get in RC3, so we have to have a RC4. This will delay our Yocto 1.1 release to Oct 17th, 2011.
* Opens
 - videos for ADT and HOB (ScottR): Jessica is setting up the environment in order to produce the ADT screen cast. HOB will be handled by Joshua. ScottR is wafting for these videos.
 - Beagle board testing firmware package (Darren):
   Darren would like to have testing done one newer Beagle Board revisions. If anyone has these boards can help. Paul has rev B (BB XM) board.
   Darren would like to have guideline for recipes to package firmware. (Josh) We already have a recipe for that to package firmware. Darren will look into it.
 - RPM dependency generation (Mark):
   Part of the problem will be fixed by 1457. Mark will file an enhancement bug to track the other part that we cannot do anything at this point.
 - tested distros (Paul): We will need to collect the list from the team and the community. Paul takes the action item to send out emails.

* Weekly team sharing
 Tom: install changes from oe-core, bug tracing and fixing last week. Working on Emenlow moving 3.0, basically works, some issues remain, hopefully will be fixed soon. More bug fixing this week, BSP review and related work.
 Denys: was working on toolchain, Yocto, OE core, meta-oe (Sorry, Denys, I did not catch much, please feel free to add here)
 Josh: Bug fixes last week, bug fix on medium and high, and video scrip this week.
 Saul: working on reviewing patches, bug fixes, IP scan, blocker: Richard's remoteness and travel. Darren will be Richard this week :)
 Matthew: working on getting build working on boards, basic testing.
 Paul: fixing bugs as they come up until we have a release, getting the tested distro list complete.
 Mark: working on the RPM dependency and multi-lib
 Beth: RC2 is pushed out, fixes for RC3, ADT repo.
 Jessica: setting up environment for screen cast of ADT. Running into all kinds of issues, have to debug issues. Working on various things for the release, working with ScottR on the ADT manual.
 ScottR: finished the ADT menu, moved on to the development manual. Waiting on the ADT screen cast. Would like to make a pass to every book before release.
 Darren: Doing internal BSP work, continuing to look at reduced kernel image size, boot time. Trying to throw together some tools to help identify the places in the kernel to focus on. Sending out review request on this and will do another round of changes


_______________________________________________
yocto mailing list
yocto@...
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/yocto
_______________________________________________
yocto mailing list
yocto@...
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/yocto


McClintock Matthew-B29882 <B29882@...>
 

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Liu, Song <song.liu@...> wrote:
Matthew, I believe Mark fixed this problem.

Mark, would you please confirm that?
prelinking is not working on powerpc64 currently. Is it known to be
working well on other 64bit machines?

-M


Liu, Song <song.liu@...>
 

Hi Saul/Mark, would you guys please help clarifying this? We also need to document this in the release note.

Song

-----Original Message-----
From: McClintock Matthew-B29882 [mailto:B29882@...]
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 11:42 AM
To: Liu, Song
Cc: McClintock Matthew-B29882; Hatle, Mark; yocto@...
Subject: Re: [yocto] Minutes: Yocto Technical Team Meeting - (Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada))

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Liu, Song <song.liu@...> wrote:
Matthew, I believe Mark fixed this problem.

Mark, would you please confirm that?
prelinking is not working on powerpc64 currently. Is it known to be
working well on other 64bit machines?

-M


McClintock Matthew-B29882 <B29882@...>
 

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Liu, Song <song.liu@...> wrote:
Hi Saul/Mark, would you guys please help clarifying this? We also need to document this in the release note.
The conclusion here was that prelink is working in other 64bit
machines, so the powerpc64 issue is specific to that arch. Bug has
been filed to track the issue!

http://bugzilla.pokylinux.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1531

-M


Liu, Song <song.liu@...>
 

Thank you, Matthew!

Song

-----Original Message-----
From: McClintock Matthew-B29882 [mailto:B29882@...]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:58 PM
To: Liu, Song
Cc: McClintock Matthew-B29882; Wold, Saul; yocto@...
Subject: Re: [yocto] Minutes: Yocto Technical Team Meeting - (Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada))

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Liu, Song <song.liu@...> wrote:
Hi Saul/Mark, would you guys please help clarifying this? We also need to document this in the release note.
The conclusion here was that prelink is working in other 64bit
machines, so the powerpc64 issue is specific to that arch. Bug has
been filed to track the issue!

http://bugzilla.pokylinux.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1531

-M