Date

Re: Adding modules to Apache2 during build

Randy MacLeod

On 2020-12-01 3:02 p.m., mailings@... wrote:
Hello all:

Thank you to all who post to help on the list.  I have been helped so many times by just doing a search here.

I do have a question that I have been unable to solve on my own...

I have Apache2 and PHP installed and functional.  I have also included "PAM" using:

PACKAGECONFIG_pn-php = " sqlite3 imap opcache openssl ${@bb.utils.filter('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'ipv6 pam', d)} apache2"

However, I need to add "libapache2-mod-authnz-external", "pwauth", and "libapache2-mod-authz-unixgroup" to my

I looked at the apache source briefly and those modules do not appear to be part of apache2.

From an ubuntu system:
   $ apt info libapache2-mod-authnz-external | grep Homepage
   Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/mod-auth-external

and there's nothing in the layer index:
   https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/recipes/?q=authnz

so it looks like you'll have to write a recipe to build these modules.
Please send them to meta-oe as per:

   https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/How_to_submit_a_patch_to_OpenEmbedded

Thanks,

../Randy

build.  I've tried adding these to my local.conf in the line above and even tried it in my IMAGE_INSTALL_append section.  When I add it to PACKAGECONFIG_pn-php I get a "do_configure: QA Issue" that it is an invalid packageconfig.  If I put it in IMAGE_INSTALL_appeng I get an error that nothing provides the packages.

I know I'm missing something or not thinking of this correctly.  Maybe it's not that I need to add a new package, but a module feature to Apache2?  If someone could point me to where I can find an answer, I would appreciate it.

Thanks much.

-Joe

--
# Randy MacLeod
# Wind River Linux

Re: #yocto zeus X11 keyboard #yocto

Monsees, Steven C (US)

Does anyone know how to work through this issue, so as to resolve the conflict generated ?

Can I modify recipe or replace with a functionally equivalent package ?

Running on Intel 64 based platform...

Disable/Enable DHCLIENT in Yocto

Aashik Aswin

Hi Developers,

I am trying to add DHCLIENT package to my Yocto Zeus Build.  However If we include "dhcp-client" package in yocto, the dhclient takes the priority  over existing Busy box udhcpc and starts during the init.

My box basically uses UDHCPC for getting the IPs and my intention is to install dhclient only on a need-to-use basis.

is there a way where we can prevent DHCLIENT to run on init unless invoked manually ?

Please let me know

Thanks in advance,
Aashik

Re: How to write custom recipe to install AWS C SDK from github #dunfell #linux #yocto

Vijay Rakesh Munganda

Hi Quentin Schulz & Ross,

Thanks for the information. Based on meta-aws I had written the recipe and do_compile has completed. Now I want to install demos in to the build which are located at tmp/work/aarch64-poky-linux/aws/1.0-r0/git/demos/mqtt/mqtt_demo_mutual_auth, so how do I write do_install? ( https://github.com/aws/aws-iot-device-sdk-embedded-C/tree/main/demos/mqtt/mqtt_demo_mutual_auth

do_install() {
         install -d ${D}${bindir}
         install -m 0755 mqtt_demo_mutual_auth ${D}${bindir}
}

Does above code works?

Thanks & Regards,
VR.