Date

Build success (mostly), disk space a little huge

Tim Bird <tim.bird@...>

For those interested in my build saga,
I performed a mostly successful build of poky-minimal-image
on my old Fedora 8 distro (oustide my Sony firewall).

This was after I installed an poky 586 sdk, and set
path to include /opt/poky/.../usr/bin (to pick up python 2.6.5)

and after adding a fedora package to add chrpath to my
system (not listed on the yocto distro help page).

The build took 6 hours, and the emulator didn't quite finish.
Here was the error:
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/a/home/tbird/work/yocto/poky-4.0-build/tmp/work/i686-linux/qemu-native-0.12.4-r22/temp/log.do_configure.12332
Log data follows:
| You need libGL.so and libGLU.so to exist in your library path and the
development headers for SDL installed to build qemu-native.
| Ubuntu package names are: libgl1-mesa-dev, libglu1-mesa-dev and
libsdl1.2-dev
| ERROR: Task failed: ('function do_configure failed',
'/a/home/tbird/work/yocto/poky-4.0-build/tmp/work/i686-linux/qemu-native-0.12.4-r22/temp/log.do_configure.12332')
NOTE: package qemu-native-0.12.4-r22: task do_configure: Failed

I checked, and indeed my system is missing SDL-devel. Due to
some broken dependencies in my yum database, it turned out to be
difficult to install this package, and I'm going to give up
(again) on this machine.

I noticed after the build that my yocto directory was consuming
30G of disk space. The big parts were in
yocto/poky-4.0-build/tmp/work
$ du -sh *
2.2M all-poky-linux
18G i586-poky-linux
3.5G i686-linux
4.6G qemux86-poky-linux

This seems a bit high? Is this normal?
-- Tim

=============================
Tim Bird
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Network Entertainment
=============================

Master is re-opened for M3 work

Saul Wold <sgw@...>

Folks,

We have forked M2 off to builds/milestone now and master is open again for M3 integration.

M2 will take specific and targeted changes for stability and critical bug fixing.

Master is available for Bug Fixing, Recipe updating and new feature support.

--
Sau!

Saul Wold
Yocto Component Wrangler @ Intel
Yocto Project / Poky Build System

Re: [poky] Recipe Updating Status and call to action

Yu, Ke <ke.yu@...>

Thanks Saul for working out this list.

I am a bit surprised on the large number of to-be-upgraded list: 160, because according to our plan, we actually upgrade most of the recipes in M2, and only a small number of recipes are supposed to be left for M3. To find out the reason why, PRC team collect some data to analysis, and here is the result:

Among the 160, PRC team (Dexuan, Dongxiao, Edwin, Ke, Qing) owns 105 recipes. the 105 recipes can be grouped into 3 cases:
Case A: the recipe is not planned to upgrade in M2, mostly due to that it is up-to-update in M2 planning time, and later has new version available.
Case B: the recipe is planned to upgrade in M2, but not upgrade and leave it to M3
Case C: the recipe is planned to upgrade in M2, and it is upgraded in M2, but later has new version available.

According to our data collection, Case A has 31 recipes, Case B has 21 recipes, Case C has 53 recipes. In other word, in M2 time, we leave 21 recipes (Case B) for M3, but due to new version available after the planning, there are extra 84 recipes (case A + case C) added to be upgraded. Even only count Case C, we can see almost 50% ofM3 to-be-upgraded recipes are already upgraded in M2. This is probably one area we can improved in the future.

Regards
Ke