Date

are the yocto qemu download directories supposed to have kernel images?

Robert P. J. Day

just updating my QEMU page, and the 1.3 download qemu pages no
longer have kernel image files. for instance, here:

http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/yocto/yocto-1.2.1/machines/qemu/qemuarm/

you can see the file "zImage-qemuarm.bin". but such a file no longer
exists under:

http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/yocto/yocto-1.3/machines/qemu/qemuarm/

should it?

Robert P. J. Day Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

Re: bbappending a bbappend

Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield@...>

On 12-12-09 5:48 AM, Chris Tapp wrote:
On 9 Dec 2012, at 04:47, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Chris Tapp <opensource@keylevel.com
<mailto:opensource@keylevel.com>> wrote:

On 9 Dec 2012, at 00:11, Chris Larson wrote:

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Chris Tapp
<opensource@keylevel.com <mailto:opensource@keylevel.com>> wrote:

Is it possible to have more than one bbappend applied to a
recipe?

I'm using meta-cedartrail with my own layer (which is set as
lower priority).

Meta-cedartrail has a linux-yocto_3.0.bbappend, but I want to
be able to enable CONFIG_HID_APPLE in my layer so my Apple
keyboard works (and keep meta-cedartrail 'clean'). Is it
possible to use another linux-yocto_3.0.bbappend in my layer?
I've given it a try, but it's not working and I thought it
would be an idea to see if it __should__ before I try and fix
it ;-)

All bbappends from all layers are applied, in layer priority order.
Thanks, I was hoping that was the case.

I wonder why this isn't working then - I think I've done it as
shown in the dev manual...

Is it something other than the bbappends ? i.e. are you sure you have
all the required
dependencies for CONFIG_HID_APPLE already enabled, or in the same fragment
you are appending ?
menuconfig shows that the dependencies are ok. I've got a single
fragment referenced using a SRC_URI in the bbappend which sets
FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend. The .cfg file just sets:

CONFIG_HID_APPLE=y

I can't find my .cfg file in the work area, so it seems as if it's not
being picked up.
Aha. That is interesting, since if the file wasn't found, you should
get a fetcher error. But if the file isn't in the workdir, then it definitely
won't be tacked on the end of the configuration for you (as you've
seen).

So that brings the question back to the bbappend, and why wouldn't your
file be found and propagated. hmm. I can always try something here, but
I've had multiple bbappends in the past and they've worked .. but one just
never knows what can silently break.

Bruce

Bruce

--
Christopher Larson
Chris Tapp

opensource@keylevel.com <mailto:opensource@keylevel.com>
www.keylevel.com <http://www.keylevel.com/>

thee at its end"

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Chris Tapp <opensource@...> wrote:
[...]

"Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await thee at its end"

Re: bbappending a bbappend

Chris Tapp

On 9 Dec 2012, at 02:06, Chris Larson wrote:

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Chris Tapp <opensource@...> wrote:
On 9 Dec 2012, at 00:11, Chris Larson wrote:

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Chris Tapp <opensource@...> wrote:
Is it possible to have more than one bbappend applied to a recipe?

I'm using meta-cedartrail with my own layer (which is set as lower priority).

Meta-cedartrail has a linux-yocto_3.0.bbappend, but I want to be able to enable CONFIG_HID_APPLE in my layer so my Apple keyboard works (and keep meta-cedartrail 'clean'). Is it possible to use another linux-yocto_3.0.bbappend in my layer? I've given it a try, but it's not working and I thought it would be an idea to see if it __should__ before I try and fix it ;-)

All bbappends from all layers are applied, in layer priority order.

Thanks, I was hoping that was the case.

I wonder why this isn't working then - I think I've done it as shown in the dev manual...

Try making use of bitbake-layers show-appends (iirc)

Thanks, I didn't know about that one. It shows three .bbappends:

1) meta-yocto-bsp
2) meta-cedartrail
3) One for my layer

--
Christopher Larson

Re: QA issue with custom recipe

Jon Szymaniak <jon.szymaniak@...>

Jon,

Thanks for your help. It was a path problem with the install call. Digging
into the working directory the copy from path needs to be specified.

Regards,

Sean Liming
Owner
Annabooks
Tel: 714-970-7523 / Cell: 858-774-3176
Hi Sean,

Good find! Sorry, I missed that install issue earlier.

Note that if you're only installing a single file, you can make that a
one liner:
do_install() {
install -D -m 0755 ${S}/helloyocto ${D}/{bindir}/helloyocto
}

Best of luck! :)
- Jon

Re: QA issue with custom recipe

Sean Liming <sean.liming@...>

Author: Mark Hatle <mark.hatle@windriver.com>
Date: Sat Dec 1 12:51:41 2012 -0600
Any problem, please contact Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.com>

[Package Report System]Manual check recipes name list

Yocto Project Package Report System <package-reporting@...>

This mail was sent out by Package Report System.
It will list all the recipes which can't check upstream version by script, and will show how long it is since their last mannual version check.
You can check the detail information at http://packages.yoctoproject.org/manuallychkinfo

PackageName Version LastChkVersion LastChkTime Maintainer NoUpgradeReason
lsb 4.1 4.1 95 days Yi Zhao <yi.zhao@windriver.co... No data
e2fsprogs 1.42.1 1.42.5 103 day Scott Garman <scott.a.garman@... No data
chrpath 0.14 0.14 104 day Scott Garman <scott.a.garman@... No data
opensp 1.5.2 1.5.2 100 day Scott Garman <scott.a.garman@... No data
expat 2.1.0 2.0.1 103 day Scott Garman <scott.a.garman@... No data
nfs-utils 1.2.3 1.2.6 100 day Scott Garman <scott.a.garman@... No data
libpng 1.2.50 1.5.11 157 day Scott Garman <scott.a.garman@... 1.4.3 and later changes the AP...
cracklib 2.8.19 2.8.19 37 days Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.co... No data
psmisc 22.20 22.20 37 days Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.co... No data
sysstat 10.1.2 10.1.2 37 days Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.co... No data
less 456 451 37 days Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.co... No data
glew 1.9.0 1.9.0 37 days Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.co... No data
libexif 0.6.21 0.6.21 37 days Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.co... No data
sqlite3 3.7.14.1 3.7.14.1 37 days Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.co... No data
boost 1.51.0 1.51.0 37 days Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.co... No data
libcheck 0.9.9 0.9.9 37 days Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.co... No data
kconfig-frontends 3.6.0 3.6.0 37 days Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.co... No data
sysfsutils 2.1.0 2.1.0 37 days Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.co... No data
libcgroup 0.37.1 0.38-1 37 days Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.co... No data
console-tools 0.3.2 0.3.2 37 days Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.co... No data
libmad 0.15.1b 0.15.1b 37 days Saul Wold <sgw@linux.intel.co... No data
tzdata 2012d 2012c 94 days Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... No data
watchdog 5.12 5.12 30 days Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... No data
hdparm 9.39 9.39 30 days Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... No data
tslib 1.0 1.0 97 days Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... No data
zip 3.0 3.0 96 days Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... No data
unzip 6.0 6.0 97 days Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... No data
beecrypt 4.2.1 4.2.1 30 days Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... No data
setserial 2.17 2.17 30 days Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... No data
acpid 1.0.10 1.0.10 30 days Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... No data
squashfs-tools 4.2 4.2 30 days Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... No data
ubootchart 0.0+r12 0.0+r12 89 days Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... No data
opkg 0.1.8+svnr649... 0.1.8 100 day Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... No data
kmod 9 9 135 day Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... No data
tinylogin 1.4 1.4 97 days Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... TinyLogin was merged into Busy...
lame 3.99.5 3.99.5 102 day Radu Moisan <radu.moisan@inte... No data
ltp 20120903 20120903 12 days Mihai Lindner <mihaix.lindner... No data
prelink 1.0+git1+a2d8... 1.0+git1+9552... 100 day Mark Hatle <mark.hatle@windri... No data
x11vnc 0.9.13 0.9.13 97 days Laurentiu Palcu <laurentiu.pa... No data
adt-installer 0.1.8+svnr596... 1.1 89 days Jessica Zhang <jessica.zhang@... No data
cwautomacros 20110201 20110201 31 days Cristian Iorga <cristian.iorg... No data
quota 4.00 4.00 31 days Cristian Iorga <cristian.iorg... No data
libtirpc 0.2.2 0.2.2 31 days Cristian Iorga <cristian.iorg... No data
minicom 2.6.1 2.6.1 100 day Cristian Iorga <cristian.iorg... No data
rpcbind 0.2.0 0.2.0 31 days Cristian Iorga <cristian.iorg... No data
wireless-tools 29 29 31 days Cristian Iorga <cristian.iorg... No data
irda-utils 0.9.18 0.9.18 31 days Cristian Iorga <cristian.iorg... No data
tremor 20120314 20120122 31 days Cristian Iorga <cristian.iorg... No data
flac 1.2.1 1.2.1 31 days Cristian Iorga <cristian.iorg... No data
libomxil 0.9.3 0.9.3 31 days Cristian Iorga <cristian.iorg... No data
libsamplerate0 0.1.8 0.1.8 31 days Cristian Iorga <cristian.iorg... No data
freetype 2.4.10 2.4.10 102 day Constantin Musca <constantinx... No data
menu-cache 0.3.3 0.3.3 100 day Constantin Musca <constantinx... No data
libfm 0.1.17 1.30 101 day Constantin Musca <constantinx... No data
pcmanfm 0.9.10 0.9.10 100 day Constantin Musca <constantinx... No data
gtkhtml2 2.11.0+svnr11... 2.11.1 102 day Constantin Musca <constantinx... No data
libpcre 8.31 8.31 31 days Bogdan Marinescu <bogdan.a.ma... No data
mpfr 3.1.0 3.1.1 31 days Bogdan Marinescu <bogdan.a.ma... No data
python-scons 2.1.0 2.2.0 31 days Bogdan Marinescu <bogdan.a.ma... No data
strace 4.7 4.7 31 days Bogdan Marinescu <bogdan.a.ma... No data
tcl 8.5.11 8.5.12 31 days Bogdan Marinescu <bogdan.a.ma... No data
oprofile 0.9.7 0.9.8 31 days Bogdan Marinescu <bogdan.a.ma... No data
Manual Check Count: 62
Manual Need Check Count: 55

Chris Larson <clarson@...>

[...]

www.keylevel.com

Re: How to check if systemd is correctly setup

Elvis Dowson

Hi,

On Dec 8, 2012, at 8:02 PM, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:

First thing, make sure that your kernel has this in the config:
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y
The latest udev (rev 182) has to have this to work.
In my kernel boot message,

devtmpfs: mounted
Freeing unused kernel memory : 168k freed
_

I am able to ping to the board from a terminal console on the host, and I get a reply.

However, I don't see a console prompt, even though on my bootargs i have set init=/bin/sh

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson

Re: How to check if systemd is correctly setup

Elvis Dowson

Hi Gary,
Thanks for the reply!

On 2012-12-08 07:19, Elvis Dowson wrote:
Hi,
I haven't used systemd before, and I've just built a linux kernel image using the latest yocto poky/master.

The boot process starts as normal, but it just displays "freeing memory (some value)" and I get no console prompt.

Q1: Which config setting or recipe code, controls the inclusion of systemd in the root filesystem?

Q2: How can I check to see if systemd is properly configured for my target (virtex-5-powerpc-405-ml507-softfloat)?
First thing, make sure that your kernel has this in the config:
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y
The latest udev (rev 182) has to have this to work.
Yes, my defconfig has the above two configs set.

Which file control if systemd gets pulled into the core-image-minimal recipe?

Where are the systemd configuration files stored?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson

beagleboard not booting to SATO interface

Edward Vidal <vidal.develone@...>

Hello,
Checking  I did no have the file
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/omapfb_drv.so only the file /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/omap_drv.so
I copied the file /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/omapfb_drv.so from a core-image-sato previous version that was working.
Then I get the following in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log

[2058242.925] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/omapfb_drv.so
[2058242.931] (II) Module omapfb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[2058242.932]   compiled for 1.11.4, module version = 0.1.1
[2058242.932]   ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 11.0
[2058242.932] (EE) module ABI major version (11) doesn't match the server's version (13)
[2058242.932] (II) UnloadModule: "omapfb"
[2058242.932] (II) Unloading omapfb
[2058242.933] (EE) Failed to load module "omapfb" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
Any help will be welcomed
Thanks

--------------------------

-------------------------------------

----------------------

Regards,

Sean Liming
Owner
Annabooks
Tel: 714-970-7523 / Cell: 858-774-3176
Hi Sean,

What's the name of your hello world recipe? Try naming it hello-world.bb
or
hello-world_0.1.0.bb (for a version 0.1.0) and appending hello-world to
[...]

Gary Thomas

On 2012-12-08 07:19, Elvis Dowson wrote:
Hi,
I haven't used systemd before, and I've just built a linux kernel image using the latest yocto poky/master.

The boot process starts as normal, but it just displays "freeing memory (some value)" and I get no console prompt.

Q1: Which config setting or recipe code, controls the inclusion of systemd in the root filesystem?

Q2: How can I check to see if systemd is properly configured for my target (virtex-5-powerpc-405-ml507-softfloat)?
First thing, make sure that your kernel has this in the config:
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y
The latest udev (rev 182) has to have this to work.

Gary Thomas | Consulting for the
MLB Associates | Embedded world