Date   

[meta-zephyr][PATCH v2 0/2] Add nRF52840 DK support

Wojciech Zmuda
 

From: Wojciech Zmuda <wojciech.zmuda@...>

v1 -> v2:
- MACHINE configurations are named using '-' instead of '_'.
Reame the new configuration accordingly.

This patch set adds support for Nordic Semiconductor nRF5284
Development Kit board. Since there already is nRF52xx family
chip support added (specifically nRF52832 used in 96Boards
Nitrogen), make this support a bit more generic to cover
the whole family, then add a platform-specific configs
for both nRF-based boards on top of it.

The change has been tested with the actual nRF52840 DK
board by building and flashing with `-c flash_usb`
some sample applications.

Wojciech Zmuda (2):
nrf52832.inc: Rename to nrf52.inc
nrf52840dk-nrf52840.conf: Add nRF52840 DK support

conf/machine/96b-nitrogen.conf | 2 +-
conf/machine/include/{nrf52832.inc => nrf52.inc} | 4 ++--
conf/machine/nrf52840dk-nrf52840.conf | 8 ++++++++
3 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
rename conf/machine/include/{nrf52832.inc => nrf52.inc} (86%)
create mode 100644 conf/machine/nrf52840dk-nrf52840.conf

--
2.25.1


Re: [meta-zephyr][PATCH 2/2] zephyr-kernel-src.inc: set default preferred version to 2.6.0-rc1

Wojciech Zmuda
 

Hello everybody, thanks for your comments.

Let's abandon this patch then. Judging by meta-zephyr commit history we guessed that bumping up the rev to -rc is compliant with your policy. In that case we, as meta-zephyr users, will just wait for the upstream to reach stable 2.6.0.

Regards,
Wojciech


On Wed, 19 May 2021 at 08:08, Saini, Naveen Kumar <naveen.kumar.saini@...> wrote:


> -----Original Message-----
> From: yocto@... <yocto@...> On
> Behalf Of Jon Mason
> Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 12:00 AM
> To: Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>
> Cc: Wojciech Zmuda <zmuda.w@...>; yocto@...
> Subject: Re: [yocto] [meta-zephyr][PATCH 2/2] zephyr-kernel-src.inc: set
> default preferred version to 2.6.0-rc1
>
> On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 11:24 AM Zbigniew Bodek
> <zbigniew.bodek@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Jon,
> >
> > Thanks for your comment. I will try to answer.
> > This change is to include following bug fix:
> > https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/33251
> > I can also see we've had multiple RC versions in the past but in principle, I'm
> not against your suggestion to have master-next, etc. So where should we go
> from here?
>
> My recommendation would be to pull that patch out and apply it directly on
> top of v2.5.0 (assuming that is feasible).  Maybe even asking the upstream
> zephyr project to port this to v2.5.0 and make it
> v2.5.1 would be the optimal solution.

[Naveen]  We can wait for stable release. If it is urgent, we can carry patches for bug fixes,  in case upstream does not give dot release !

> As far as a master-next branch, that would be up to Naveen.
>
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Zbigniew
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Jon Mason [mailto:jdmason@...]
> > Sent: 18 May, 2021 17:17
> > To: Wojciech Zmuda <zmuda.w@...>
> > Cc: yocto@...; Zbigniew Bodek
> > <zbigniew.bodek@...>
> > Subject: Re: [yocto] [meta-zephyr][PATCH 2/2] zephyr-kernel-src.inc:
> > set default preferred version to 2.6.0-rc1
> >
> > On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 8:30 AM Wojciech Zmuda <zmuda.w@...>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > From: Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>
> > >
> > > Signed-off-by: Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>
> >
> > Do we really want to have Zephyr on a release candidate?  IMHO, we
> should never be doing this, as we should want the kernel in meta-zephyr to
> be as stable as possible.  If this is really desired, perhaps a master-next
> branch for things like this.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jon
> >
> > > ---
> > >  recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc | 2 +-
> > >  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
> > >
> > > diff --git a/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
> > > b/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
> > > index 5ee40d4..9fc08ba 100644
> > > --- a/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
> > > +++ b/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
> > > @@ -2,7 +2,7 @@ LICENSE = "Apache-2.0"
> > >  LIC_FILES_CHKSUM =
> "file://LICENSE;md5=fa818a259cbed7ce8bc2a22d35a464fc"
> > >
> > >  # Default to a stable version
> > > -PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel ??= "2.5.0"
> > > +PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel ??= "2.6.0-rc1"
> > >  include zephyr-kernel-src-${PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel}.inc
> > >
> > >  inherit cmake
> > > --
> > > 2.25.1
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >


PREEMPT_RT patches

Monsees, Steven C (US)
 

 

Recently I heard somewhere that newer versions of the Linux Kernel will include the PREEMPT_RT patches, and configuration settings would be used to set how the Linux would operate in a specific system.

 

Does Yocto support “PREEMPT_RT”, and what versions of Yocto have this option ?

 

Is there documentation on this feature/option ?

 

Thanks,

Steve

 


Re: [meta-zephyr][PATCH 2/2] zephyr-kernel-src.inc: set default preferred version to 2.6.0-rc1

Naveen Saini
 

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto@... <yocto@...> On
Behalf Of Jon Mason
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 12:00 AM
To: Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>
Cc: Wojciech Zmuda <zmuda.w@...>; yocto@...
Subject: Re: [yocto] [meta-zephyr][PATCH 2/2] zephyr-kernel-src.inc: set
default preferred version to 2.6.0-rc1

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 11:24 AM Zbigniew Bodek
<zbigniew.bodek@...> wrote:

Hello Jon,

Thanks for your comment. I will try to answer.
This change is to include following bug fix:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/33251
I can also see we've had multiple RC versions in the past but in principle, I'm
not against your suggestion to have master-next, etc. So where should we go
from here?

My recommendation would be to pull that patch out and apply it directly on
top of v2.5.0 (assuming that is feasible). Maybe even asking the upstream
zephyr project to port this to v2.5.0 and make it
v2.5.1 would be the optimal solution.
[Naveen] We can wait for stable release. If it is urgent, we can carry patches for bug fixes, in case upstream does not give dot release !

As far as a master-next branch, that would be up to Naveen.


Kind regards
Zbigniew

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Mason [mailto:jdmason@...]
Sent: 18 May, 2021 17:17
To: Wojciech Zmuda <zmuda.w@...>
Cc: yocto@...; Zbigniew Bodek
<zbigniew.bodek@...>
Subject: Re: [yocto] [meta-zephyr][PATCH 2/2] zephyr-kernel-src.inc:
set default preferred version to 2.6.0-rc1

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 8:30 AM Wojciech Zmuda <zmuda.w@...>
wrote:

From: Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>

Signed-off-by: Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>
Do we really want to have Zephyr on a release candidate? IMHO, we
should never be doing this, as we should want the kernel in meta-zephyr to
be as stable as possible. If this is really desired, perhaps a master-next
branch for things like this.

Thanks,
Jon

---
recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
b/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
index 5ee40d4..9fc08ba 100644
--- a/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
+++ b/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
@@ -2,7 +2,7 @@ LICENSE = "Apache-2.0"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM =
"file://LICENSE;md5=fa818a259cbed7ce8bc2a22d35a464fc"

# Default to a stable version
-PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel ??= "2.5.0"
+PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel ??= "2.6.0-rc1"
include zephyr-kernel-src-${PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel}.inc

inherit cmake
--
2.25.1




Re: [meta-zephyr][PATCH 2/2] nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf: Add nRF52840 DK support

Naveen Saini
 

So far, MACHINE configurations are named using '-' instead of '_' . Could you use change it ?

Regards,
Naveen

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto@... <yocto@...> On
Behalf Of Wojciech Zmuda
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 7:28 PM
To: yocto@...
Cc: Wojciech Zmuda <wojciech.zmuda@...>
Subject: [yocto] [meta-zephyr][PATCH 2/2] nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf: Add
nRF52840 DK support

From: Wojciech Zmuda <wojciech.zmuda@...>

Add support for Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 Development Kit board.

This is a generic MACHINE over nRF52 SoC family config plus PyOCD flashing
ability.

Signed-off-by: Wojciech Zmuda <wojciech.zmuda@...>
---
conf/machine/nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf | 8 ++++++++
1 file changed, 8 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 conf/machine/nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf

diff --git a/conf/machine/nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf
b/conf/machine/nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..0aa50e0
--- /dev/null
+++ b/conf/machine/nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf
@@ -0,0 +1,8 @@
+#@TYPE: Machine
+#@NAME: nrf52840dk_nrf52840
+
+#@DESCRIPTION: Machine configuration for Nordic Semiconductor
nRF52840 Development Kit.
+
+require conf/machine/include/nrf52.inc
+ZEPHYR_INHERIT_CLASSES += "zephyr-flash-pyocd"
+ARCH_nrf52840dk_nrf52840 = "arm"
--
2.25.1


Yocto Technical Team Minutes, Engineering Sync, for May 18, 2021

Trevor Woerner
 

Yocto Technical Team Minutes, Engineering Sync, for May 18, 2021
archive: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ly8nyhO14kDNnFcW2QskANXW3ZT7QwKC5wWVDg9dDH4/edit

== announcements ==
The upcoming Yocto Project Summit is taking place May 25-26 2021
details: https://www.yoctoproject.org/yocto-project-virtual-summit-2021/
registration: https://www.cvent.com/d/yjq4dr/4W?ct=868bfddd-ca91-46bb-aaa5-62d2b61b2501

== disclaimer ==
Best efforts are made to ensure the below is accurate and valid. However,
errors sometimes happen. If any errors or omissions are found, please feel
free to reply to this email with any corrections.

== attendees ==
Trevor Woerner, Stephen Jolley, Peter Kjellerstedt, Steve Sakoman, Joshua
Watt, Scott Murray, Michael Halstead, Ross Burton, Randy MacLeod, Tim
Orling, Jon Mason, Jan-Simon Möller, Alexandre Belloni, Bruce Ashfield,
Richard Purdie, Trevor Gamblin, Tony Tascioglu, Alejandro H

== notes ==
- 3.2.4 was released (gatesgarth), this is the last 3.2.x release before
community support
- 3.3.1 is in QA (hardknott)
- round of AUH updates being added now
- Anuj not available, RP acting as maintainer for hardknott
- huge drop in CVEs against master
- multiconfig issues in bitbake
- smp enabled on qemu arm/x86 and switched to newer MACHINE for x86
- OOM issue tracked to glibc
- bitbake heartbeat events causing bitbake to hang, patch pending
- sstate bug tracked down (thanks JaMa), fix merged
- enabled more resource control

== general ==
RP: the bitbake heartbeat issues seems to be cause by additional logging that
was added


RP: mips/ppc/arm glibc usermode testing seems to cause an OOM issues (it was
found to be using 83GB and up)
Ross: that’s a lot of memory for a glibc test
RP: appears to loop infinitely, even if glibc exits, it leaves things behind
that eat up memory. there are some tests that segfault in malloc(), seeing
12GB of memory being used, we might have to get rid of them until we can
figure it out. this seems unloved, if nobody fixes this we'll pull it out
Ross: glibc tests running inside qemu-user?
Ross: what about downgrading qemu
RP: the tests are things we supply (system mode and user mode) x86 is fast
enough (thanks to kvm) that they can run okay, but off architectures
struggle
Ross: hopefully we’ll just find some tests to disable (if they’re not
important enough)
RP: i’ve identified 4 tests specifically (e.g. pthread timed locked loop)
Ross: be interesting to run on real hardware to see if there’s an actual
leak in qemu or an issue with the test
RP: maybe we can add a resource constraint so qemu dies and doesn’t take the
whole system down with it instead
Ross: we can look at it from an arm point of view
RP: this is an oe-selftest, so not run on arm
RP: rpm and deb compression not covered, and we know rpm (for example) is
using all available threads (because it uses liblzma directly instead of
xz) so our constraints aren’t trickling down to tools like this. we need
to look to see if there are other places and examples of this happening


RP: open letter about challenges (maintainers, resources, contributions to
day-to-day running of an open source project). was written because people
have asked me to. let me know if you know of anyone wanting to follow up.
for example, it would be nice to know who is using the project (and list
it publicly). spread the word.

see: https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-architecture/topic/open_source_maintainers_an/82722442


ScottM: multiconfig issues on hardknott? any details? about to start some
dunfell stuff
RP: i don’t think some things have been backported to dunfell, a fix was
added to master but it didn’t fix the problem. looked at it last week
but got dragged away by other things.
JPEW: we use multiconfig a lot, i’ll take a look at it
RP: instead of a deferred list that is continuously updated, i want it to
calculate things once (the rehash list), so take a look at what’s in
master-next. it shouldn’t be too hard to pull back into dunfell
JPEW: we use dunfell at work, so it shouldn't be too hard to test. i can test
master-next at home
RP: the master-next patch should apply to dunfell quite easily
RP: i’m worried about multiconfig
RP: we’ve improved the sstate cleanups quite a bit, tmp cleanliness is
quite good (hardknott) but people are writing recipes that don’t care
if data is machine-specific, this causes multiconfig to blow up. people
are writing bad recipes and then complaining when their bad recipes blow
things up
JPEW: how to tell if recipe is bad? can we automate something?
RP: no, not easily
JPEW: the problem happens when all multiconfigs share the same tmp directory?
RP: yes. writing a test would be hard, it would have to go into oe not bitbake
JPEW: curious to know how many people are using multiconfig and using
multiconfig with tmp directories
RP: according to irc, many
Ross: i think there are lots of people using multiconfig too soon, multiconfig
is overkill for them, and then they end up abusing the tmp dirctory
JPEW: because multiconfig uses a common tmp directory by default?
Ross: yes
AlejandroH: i submitted doc fix to recommend people use separate tmp dirs when
using multiconfig
JPEW: i will be talking about it next week in my hands-on class at the YP
Summit
RP: to Ross’s point, too many people are now turning to multiconfig to build
completely separate builds for multiple separate machines. this ignores
how the build works, historically
ScottM: sstate stamps are not machine-specific
RP: exactly. i think we have to figure out how to detect it, but not sure
TrevorW: do we want to steer people away from using multiconfig to build
unrelated images for unrelated machines?
RP: i don’t think we can, i think this is what people have been wanting, so
we need to make sure people are doing it right.
JPEW: on the stamp files, would it be possible (expedient) to run bitbake in
a way that all it does is generate the stamp files for all tasks? then
maybe we could run bitbake to generate all these stamps and then look for
overlaps?
RP: that’s what deferred tasks are. where it sees sstate stamp files that
overlap it will do one first, then look at the other overlapping ones.
ideally doing one first will put stuff into sstate that the others can
then use. so it does do these checks. the problem is that when there are
mistakes in the recipes these tasks don’t actually have anything to do
with each other:
1. hashes are identical or not (deferred tasks)
2. checks for stamp overlaps (don’t run 2 tasks with the same hash)
TimO: that explains why i’m not seeing issues because i always build with
separate tmp dirs. we can use shared download dir and shared sstate dirs,
but it’s only with shared tmp dirs?
RP: yes. but you will be seeing deferred tasks, they just won’t interfere
with each other if you’re using separate tmp dirs
AlejandroH: i test dunfell multiconfig but haven’t seen it (because i too
use separate tmp dirs for each build)
JPEW: in theory we should be able to use the same tmp dir, we just have to do
it right
RP: actually, in my testing i have been using separate tmp dirs, but i’m
still seeing issues. so i don’t think separate tmp dirs is completely
related. qemu cross wrapper script was building it twice and the license
was the same but causes a rehash event for one of the builds, this is
what starts the problems. so the cause is: deferred builds, multiconfig,
reusing hashes


TrevorW: cancel next week’s call due to YP Summit?
RP: (gathers consensus) agreed


RP: software bill of materials, SBOM (in the US) we don’t have one
currently, but we could do something similar following the model of the
license SPDX. this could really put our project in the limelight
Randy: i think Saul has looked into this
TrevorW: i’ll add it to the OEDVM list
JPEW: we have a tool internally that does something like this, if Saul is
working on it then i’d like to be looped in
RP: meta-doubleopen seems to be doing something like this:
https://github.com/doubleopen-project/meta-doubleopen
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto/topic/vs_vs_yocto_make/82910309
we don’t need multiple solutions, we need something simple and be able to
say we have it, then build on it
JPEW: do you do that at WR?
RP: the tool i linked does SPDX
PeterK: easy as long as it’s open source, the closed code we bring in gets
harder
TrevorW: isn’t this what we get with buildhistory?
RP: yes, apart from the spdx format
JPEW: since we’re building everything, we have all the data
RP: i’m sure there will be lots of corner cases, but we need to say “we do
this”
JPEW: json format in version 2
RP: and we can translate accordingly (xls, rdf, yaml, json, xml)
RP: let’s use the licensing email list to discuss this


Makefile environment variables do not work on some host

Aymeric Dumaz <aymericdumaz@...>
 

Hello,

I have created a recipe to call multiple makefile and set a variable
if it's not defined inside them, meaning I set it before "oe_runmake".
It works as expected on a Debian testing, but with a Ubuntu base
chroot it does not.

I have written a simple recipe and the steps I used to configure the
Ubuntu chroot; on Debian I can see "var -bar-" inside log.do_compile,
but on Ubuntu it will only be "var --".
I'm not sure where the bug is located; I'm using Dunfell but I always
thought the host running Yocto was not relevant during the
compilation.
Thanks.

### Ubuntu chroot: download the image [0], extract it and start the
chroot, update it [1], add the en_US.UTF-8 locale [2], install Yocto
dependencies [3], then add an user.

### testvar.bb
SRC_URI = "file://Makefile"
LICENSE = "CLOSED"
S = "${WORKDIR}"

do_compile() {
FOO=bar oe_runmake
}

### Makefile
all:
@echo "var -$(FOO)-"

clean:


[0] http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-base/releases/20.04/release/ubuntu-base-20.04.2-base-amd64.tar.gz
[1] apt update && apt upgrade
[2] apt install locales && dpkg-reconfigure locales - select "159" then "3"
[3] apt install python3 python3-distutils binutils chrpath cpio cpp
diffstat g++ gawk gcc git make patch wget xxd


Re: [meta-zephyr][PATCH 2/2] zephyr-kernel-src.inc: set default preferred version to 2.6.0-rc1

Jon Mason
 

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 11:24 AM Zbigniew Bodek
<zbigniew.bodek@...> wrote:

Hello Jon,

Thanks for your comment. I will try to answer.
This change is to include following bug fix: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/33251
I can also see we've had multiple RC versions in the past but in principle, I'm not against your suggestion to have master-next, etc. So where should we go from here?
My recommendation would be to pull that patch out and apply it
directly on top of v2.5.0 (assuming that is feasible). Maybe even
asking the upstream zephyr project to port this to v2.5.0 and make it
v2.5.1 would be the optimal solution.

As far as a master-next branch, that would be up to Naveen.


Kind regards
Zbigniew

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Mason [mailto:jdmason@...]
Sent: 18 May, 2021 17:17
To: Wojciech Zmuda <zmuda.w@...>
Cc: yocto@...; Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>
Subject: Re: [yocto] [meta-zephyr][PATCH 2/2] zephyr-kernel-src.inc: set default preferred version to 2.6.0-rc1

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 8:30 AM Wojciech Zmuda <zmuda.w@...> wrote:

From: Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>

Signed-off-by: Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>
Do we really want to have Zephyr on a release candidate? IMHO, we should never be doing this, as we should want the kernel in meta-zephyr to be as stable as possible. If this is really desired, perhaps a master-next branch for things like this.

Thanks,
Jon

---
recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
b/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
index 5ee40d4..9fc08ba 100644
--- a/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
+++ b/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
@@ -2,7 +2,7 @@ LICENSE = "Apache-2.0"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://LICENSE;md5=fa818a259cbed7ce8bc2a22d35a464fc"

# Default to a stable version
-PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel ??= "2.5.0"
+PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel ??= "2.6.0-rc1"
include zephyr-kernel-src-${PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel}.inc

inherit cmake
--
2.25.1




Re: [meta-zephyr][PATCH 2/2] zephyr-kernel-src.inc: set default preferred version to 2.6.0-rc1

Jon Mason
 

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 8:30 AM Wojciech Zmuda <zmuda.w@...> wrote:

From: Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>

Signed-off-by: Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>
Do we really want to have Zephyr on a release candidate? IMHO, we
should never be doing this, as we should want the kernel in
meta-zephyr to be as stable as possible. If this is really desired,
perhaps a master-next branch for things like this.

Thanks,
Jon

---
recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc b/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
index 5ee40d4..9fc08ba 100644
--- a/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
+++ b/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
@@ -2,7 +2,7 @@ LICENSE = "Apache-2.0"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://LICENSE;md5=fa818a259cbed7ce8bc2a22d35a464fc"

# Default to a stable version
-PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel ??= "2.5.0"
+PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel ??= "2.6.0-rc1"
include zephyr-kernel-src-${PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel}.inc

inherit cmake
--
2.25.1




[meta-zephyr][PATCH] qemuzephyrrunner.py: use existing qemu conf file

Jon Mason
 

Read the generated QEMU conf file, instead of using hard coded values.
This allows for machines not conforming to the hard coded values to work
with testimage.

Signed-off-by: Jon Mason <jon.mason@...>
---
conf/machine/qemu-x86.conf | 1 +
lib/oeqa/utils/qemuzephyrrunner.py | 89 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
2 files changed, 77 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

diff --git a/conf/machine/qemu-x86.conf b/conf/machine/qemu-x86.conf
index d85c22215520..ce79b5b1f510 100644
--- a/conf/machine/qemu-x86.conf
+++ b/conf/machine/qemu-x86.conf
@@ -9,6 +9,7 @@ ZEPHYR_INHERIT_CLASSES += "zephyr-qemuboot"

# For runqemu
QB_SYSTEM_NAME = "qemu-system-i386"
+QB_MACHINE = "-machine type=pc-1.3"
QB_OPT_APPEND = "-nographic -no-acpi"
QB_CPU_x86 = "-cpu qemu32,+nx,+pae"
QB_CPU_KVM_x86 = "-cpu kvm32"
diff --git a/lib/oeqa/utils/qemuzephyrrunner.py b/lib/oeqa/utils/qemuzephyrrunner.py
index e8a1bd4544cf..a1ed30be1ca8 100644
--- a/lib/oeqa/utils/qemuzephyrrunner.py
+++ b/lib/oeqa/utils/qemuzephyrrunner.py
@@ -14,6 +14,7 @@ import select
import bb
import tempfile
import sys
+import configparser
from oeqa.utils.qemurunner import QemuRunner

class QemuZephyrRunner(QemuRunner):
@@ -42,6 +43,72 @@ class QemuZephyrRunner(QemuRunner):
# 5 minutes timeout...
self.endtime = time.time() + 60*5

+ self.qemuboot = False
+ self.d = {'QB_KERNEL_ROOT': '/dev/vda'}
+
+ def get(self, key):
+ if key in self.d:
+ return self.d.get(key)
+ elif os.getenv(key):
+ return os.getenv(key)
+ else:
+ return ''
+
+ def set(self, key, value):
+ self.d[key] = value
+
+ def read_qemuboot(self):
+ if not self.qemuboot:
+ if self.get('DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE'):
+ deploy_dir_image = self.get('DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE')
+ else:
+ bb.warning("Can't find qemuboot conf file, DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE is NULL!")
+ return
+
+ if self.rootfs and not os.path.exists(self.rootfs):
+ # Lazy rootfs
+ machine = self.get('MACHINE')
+ if not machine:
+ machine = os.path.basename(deploy_dir_image)
+ self.qemuboot = "%s/%s-%s.qemuboot.conf" % (deploy_dir_image,
+ self.rootfs, machine)
+ else:
+ cmd = 'ls -t %s/*.qemuboot.conf' % deploy_dir_image
+ try:
+ qbs = subprocess.check_output(cmd, shell=True).decode('utf-8')
+ except subprocess.CalledProcessError as err:
+ raise RunQemuError(err)
+ if qbs:
+ for qb in qbs.split():
+ # Don't use initramfs when other choices unless fstype is ramfs
+ if '-initramfs-' in os.path.basename(qb) and self.fstype != 'cpio.gz':
+ continue
+ self.qemuboot = qb
+ break
+ if not self.qemuboot:
+ # Use the first one when no choice
+ self.qemuboot = qbs.split()[0]
+ self.qbconfload = True
+
+ if not self.qemuboot:
+ # If we haven't found a .qemuboot.conf at this point it probably
+ # doesn't exist, continue without
+ return
+
+ if not os.path.exists(self.qemuboot):
+ raise RunQemuError("Failed to find %s (wrong image name or BSP does not support running under qemu?)." % self.qemuboot)
+
+ cf = configparser.ConfigParser()
+ cf.read(self.qemuboot)
+ for k, v in cf.items('config_bsp'):
+ k_upper = k.upper()
+ if v.startswith("../"):
+ v = os.path.abspath(os.path.dirname(self.qemuboot) + "/" + v)
+ elif v == ".":
+ v = os.path.dirname(self.qemuboot)
+ self.set(k_upper, v)
+
+
def create_socket(self):
bb.note("waiting at most %s seconds for qemu pid" % self.runqemutime)
tries = self.runqemutime
@@ -66,7 +133,6 @@ class QemuZephyrRunner(QemuRunner):

if not os.path.exists(self.tmpdir):
bb.error("Invalid TMPDIR path %s" % self.tmpdir)
- #logger.error("Invalid TMPDIR path %s" % self.tmpdir)
return False
else:
os.environ["OE_TMPDIR"] = self.tmpdir
@@ -82,21 +148,18 @@ class QemuZephyrRunner(QemuRunner):
bb.error("Invalid kernel path: %s" % self.kernel)
return False

- self.qemuparams = '-nographic -serial unix:%s,server' % (self.socketname)
- qemu_binary = ""
- if 'arm' in self.machine or 'cortex' in self.machine:
- qemu_binary = 'qemu-system-arm'
- qemu_machine_args = '-machine lm3s6965evb'
- elif 'x86' in self.machine:
- qemu_binary = 'qemu-system-i386'
- qemu_machine_args = '-machine type=pc-1.3 -no-acpi -nographic -cpu qemu32,+nx,+pae'
- elif 'nios2' in self.machine:
- qemu_binary = 'qemu-system-nios2'
- qemu_machine_args = '-machine altera_10m50_zephyr'
- else:
+ self.qemuparams = '-serial unix:%s,server' % (self.socketname)
+
+ self.read_qemuboot()
+ qemu_binary = self.get('QB_SYSTEM_NAME')
+ qemu_machine_args = self.get('QB_MACHINE')
+ if qemu_binary == "" or qemu_machine_args == "":
bb.error("Unsupported QEMU: %s" % self.machine)
return False

+ self.qemuparams += " %s " %self.get('QB_OPT_APPEND')
+ self.qemuparams += " %s " %self.get('QB_CPU')
+
self.origchldhandler = signal.getsignal(signal.SIGCHLD)
signal.signal(signal.SIGCHLD, self.handleSIGCHLD)

--
2.20.1


Yocto Project Status WW20`21

Stephen Jolley
 

Current Dev Position: YP 3.4 M1

Next Deadline: 7th June 2021 YP 3.4 M1 build

 

Next Team Meetings:

 

Key Status/Updates:

  • YP 3.2.4 was released
  • YP 3.3.1 is in QA
  • Patch merging to master is continuing and we now have a round of AUH upgrades to process. We’ve tried to merge some of the easier ones as there was autobuilder testing availability. This allows people to concentrate on the areas where there are issues with the automated upgrade and where we most need the help.
  • Anuj is unavailable for a few weeks so Richard will be acting as maintainer for hardknott until he returns (assistance welcome).
  • An open letter about open source project work was sent to various mailing lists highlighting some of the challenges established project face from a resourcing perspective:

https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-architecture/topic/open_source_maintainers_an/82722442

  • The multiconfig changes in bitbake continue to cause problems, we still need simpler test cases to reproduce issues rather than huge builds. The existing patches seem to fix some workloads and break others. Richard is trying to fix but trying to fix autobuilder issues and other problems and these are slow builds to debug.
  • We saw a significant drop in open CVEs reported by the tooling against master this week (63 down to 18) and hopefully many more of these have resolutions “in flight”. This will allow us to focus on the real issues and filter out the legacy noise.
  • SMP was enabled for qemu on arm/x86 and we switched x86 to a more modern cpu/platform
  • One source of the OOM issues on the autobuilder appears to be glibc usermode testing going out of control and using up all system memory. We are investigating the best way to mitigate that but it accounts for some of our intermittent issues.
  • When OOM issues occur an issue was identified in bitbake’s heartbeat events causing bitbake to hang. Ironically this was being heavily used by the recent autobuilder load debugging code. There is a patch pending to address this.
  • A rare sstate manifest corruption bug was tracked down thanks to information from Martin Jansa, a fix has been merged.
  • We have enabled more resource control on the autobuilder for xz memory/thread usage as that was contributing to the OOM issues. More investigation is needed into the rpm/deb controls for xz, help there would be appreciated.
  • Intermittent autobuilder issues continue to occur and are now at a record high level. You  can see the list of failures we’re continuing to see by searching for the “AB-INT” tag in bugzilla: https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT

We are working to identify the load pattern on the infrastructure that seems to trigger these.

 

Ways to contribute:

 

YP 3.4 Milestone Dates:

  • YP 3.4 M1 build date 2021/06/07
  • YP 3.4 M1 Release date 2021/06/18
  • YP 3.4 M2 build date 2021/07/12
  • YP 3.4 M2 Release date 2021/07/23
  • YP 3.4 M3 build date 2021/08/23
  • YP 3.4 M3 Release date 2021/09/03
  • YP 3.4 M4 build date 2021/10/04
  • YP 3.4 M4 Release date 2021/10/29

 

Planned upcoming dot releases:

  • YP 3.2.4 is in released
  • YP 3.3.1 is in QA
  • YP 3.3.1 release date 2021/05/28
  • YP 3.1.8 build date 2021/05/24
  • YP 3.1.8 release date 2021/06/04
  • YP 3.1.9 build date 2021/06/21
  • YP 3.1.9 release date 2021/07/02
  • YP 3.3.2 build date 2021/07/19
  • YP 3.3.2 release date 2021/07/30
  • YP 3.1.10 build date 2021/07/26
  • YP 3.1.10 release date 2021/08/06
  • YP 3.1.11 build date 2021/09/13
  • YP 3.1.11 release date 2021/9/24

 

Tracking Metrics:

 

The Yocto Project’s technical governance is through its Technical Steering Committee, more information is available at:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

 

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

 

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

 

Thanks,

 

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Program Manager

(    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp.pm@...

 


VS: VS: [yocto] Make do_image_complete wait for an earlier task

Mikko Murto
 

-----Alkuperäinen viesti-----
Lähettäjä: Richard Purdie <richard.purdie@...>
Lähetetty: tiistai 18. toukokuuta 2021 12.19
There is no direct dependency from do_image_complete on the do_create_spdx
tasks.

You can add:

do_rootfs[recrdeptask] += "do_create_spdx"

but this will have the side effect that the build will never use sstate and always
rebuild since that task isn't an sstate task.
Thanks, I'll give that a go!

I did have a quick look and you're going further than I'd been thinking of, at least
initially.

What I'm thinking of in core YP initially is to have do_packagedata generate
SPDX data for the output packaged files in do_package/do_packagedata. I
noticed you go further and process all the input sources and I'm not sure we're
ready to do that yet.

Doing it at do_package/do_packagedata time would still access any of the
sources included from a debug perspective, hence it should correctly find the
shipped manifest/license info without the complexity of having to scan all the
sources

For your level of source scanning, I'd look at the existing do_populate_lic task
which is sstate and generates license info. I think I'd be in favour of totally
replacing that with something generating spdx output...
I'll give do_populate_lic task a look.

I'm actually hoping we could simply what we're doing today however the more I
look at all the information you can put into SPDX, the more I worry that whilst
we can generate tons of data and huge SPDX files, I'm not sure they're actually
useful to anyone to actually use :/.
We're working on this as a part of a workflow that utilizes the SPDX files. Our tool uploads the source code archived by the layer to a Fossology instance, after which it queries Fossology's API for the file level license and copyright data. We then utilize OSS Review Toolkit by converting the SPDX file to ORT's data format and use ORT's Evaluator and Reporter to evaluate license compliance and create notice files and other reports.

This is done to evaluate the image not based on the declared licenses of packages, which may omit some licenses of individual files, but those individual files.

For the SBOM information, we do need to somehow make something as useful
as our normal manifest to people for this to be useful and adopted, at least from
my perspective.
The huge SPDX files created might indeed not be super useful for all use cases. Long term, some kind of configurability regarding e.g. the level of granularity (packages vs. files) could enable the layer to be used for more use cases than the one we're currently working on.

Mikko


[meta-zephyr][PATCH 2/2] zephyr-kernel-src.inc: set default preferred version to 2.6.0-rc1

Wojciech Zmuda
 

From: Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>

Signed-off-by: Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>
---
recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc b/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
index 5ee40d4..9fc08ba 100644
--- a/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
+++ b/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc
@@ -2,7 +2,7 @@ LICENSE = "Apache-2.0"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://LICENSE;md5=fa818a259cbed7ce8bc2a22d35a464fc"

# Default to a stable version
-PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel ??= "2.5.0"
+PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel ??= "2.6.0-rc1"
include zephyr-kernel-src-${PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel}.inc

inherit cmake
--
2.25.1


[meta-zephyr][PATCH 1/2] zephyr-kernel-src-2.6.0-rc1.inc: Add support for zephyr kernel version 2.6.0-rc1

Wojciech Zmuda
 

From: Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>

This version can be selected defining
PREFERRED_VERSION_zephyr-kernel ??= "2.6.0-rc1"

Signed-off-by: Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>
---
.../zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src-2.6.0-rc1.inc | 10 ++++++++++
1 file changed, 10 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src-2.6.0-rc1.inc

diff --git a/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src-2.6.0-rc1.inc b/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src-2.6.0-rc1.inc
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..6ea1593
--- /dev/null
+++ b/recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src-2.6.0-rc1.inc
@@ -0,0 +1,10 @@
+SRCREV_FORMAT = "default_cmsis"
+SRCREV_default = "v2.6.0-rc1"
+SRCREV_cmsis = "c3bd2094f92d574377f7af2aec147ae181aa5f8e"
+SRCREV_nordic = "574493fe29c79140df4827ab5d4a23df79d03681"
+SRCREV_stm32 = "f8ff8d25aa0a9e65948040c7b47ec67f3fa300df"
+SRCREV_open-amp = "6010f0523cbc75f551d9256cf782f173177acdef"
+SRCREV_libmetal = "39d049d4ae68e6f6d595fce7de1dcfc1024fb4eb"
+SRCREV_tinycrypt = "3e9a49d2672ec01435ffbf0d788db6d95ef28de0"
+
+PV = "2.6.0-rc1+git${SRCPV}"
--
2.25.1


[meta-zephyr][PATCH 0/2] Update Zephyr version to 2.6.0-rc1

Wojciech Zmuda
 

From: Wojciech Zmuda <wojciech.zmuda@...>

2.6.0-rc1 has been released 9 days ago and contains a vast number
of improvements. Release notes available here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/releases/tag/v2.6.0-rc1

I'm sending this patch set on behalf of the original author
Zbigniew Bodek <zbigniew.bodek@...>

Zbigniew Bodek (2):
zephyr-kernel-src-2.6.0-rc1.inc: Add support for zephyr kernel version
2.6.0-rc1
zephyr-kernel-src.inc: set default preferred version to 2.6.0-rc1

.../zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src-2.6.0-rc1.inc | 10 ++++++++++
recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src.inc | 2 +-
2 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
create mode 100644 recipes-kernel/zephyr-kernel/zephyr-kernel-src-2.6.0-rc1.inc

--
2.25.1


[meta-zephyr][PATCH 2/2] nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf: Add nRF52840 DK support

Wojciech Zmuda
 

From: Wojciech Zmuda <wojciech.zmuda@...>

Add support for Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 Development
Kit board.

This is a generic MACHINE over nRF52 SoC family config
plus PyOCD flashing ability.

Signed-off-by: Wojciech Zmuda <wojciech.zmuda@...>
---
conf/machine/nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf | 8 ++++++++
1 file changed, 8 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 conf/machine/nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf

diff --git a/conf/machine/nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf b/conf/machine/nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf
new file mode 100644
index 0000000..0aa50e0
--- /dev/null
+++ b/conf/machine/nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf
@@ -0,0 +1,8 @@
+#@TYPE: Machine
+#@NAME: nrf52840dk_nrf52840
+
+#@DESCRIPTION: Machine configuration for Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 Development Kit.
+
+require conf/machine/include/nrf52.inc
+ZEPHYR_INHERIT_CLASSES += "zephyr-flash-pyocd"
+ARCH_nrf52840dk_nrf52840 = "arm"
--
2.25.1


[meta-zephyr][PATCH 1/2] nrf52832.inc: Rename to nrf52.inc

Wojciech Zmuda
 

From: Wojciech Zmuda <wojciech.zmuda@...>

The file is so generic anyway it can be targeted for
the nRF52 family without any harm.

Signed-off-by: Wojciech Zmuda <wojciech.zmuda@...>
---
conf/machine/96b-nitrogen.conf | 2 +-
conf/machine/include/{nrf52832.inc => nrf52.inc} | 4 ++--
2 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
rename conf/machine/include/{nrf52832.inc => nrf52.inc} (86%)

diff --git a/conf/machine/96b-nitrogen.conf b/conf/machine/96b-nitrogen.conf
index 998db4c..48f2041 100644
--- a/conf/machine/96b-nitrogen.conf
+++ b/conf/machine/96b-nitrogen.conf
@@ -3,6 +3,6 @@

#@DESCRIPTION: Machine configuration for 96Boards Nitrogen Board.

-require conf/machine/include/nrf52832.inc
+require conf/machine/include/nrf52.inc
ZEPHYR_INHERIT_CLASSES += "zephyr-flash-pyocd"
ARCH_96b-nitrogen = "arm"
diff --git a/conf/machine/include/nrf52832.inc b/conf/machine/include/nrf52.inc
similarity index 86%
rename from conf/machine/include/nrf52832.inc
rename to conf/machine/include/nrf52.inc
index e938aa6..d22f8bc 100644
--- a/conf/machine/include/nrf52832.inc
+++ b/conf/machine/include/nrf52.inc
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
#@TYPE: Machine
-#@NAME: nrf52832
+#@NAME: nrf52xxx

-#@DESCRIPTION: Machine configuration for Nordic Semiconductor nRF52832 (Cortex-M4) SoC.
+#@DESCRIPTION: Machine configuration for Nordic Semiconductor nRF52xxx (Cortex-M4) SoC.

require conf/machine/include/tune-cortexm4.inc

--
2.25.1


[meta-zephyr][PATCH 0/2] Add nRF52840 DK support

Wojciech Zmuda
 

From: Wojciech Zmuda <wojciech.zmuda@...>

This patch set adds support for Nordic Semiconductor nRF5284
Development Kit board. Since there already is nRF52xx family
chip support added (specifically nRF52832 used in 96Boards
Nitrogen), make this support a bit more generic to cover
the whole family, then add a platform-specific configs
for both nRF-based boards on top of it.

The change has been tested with the actual nRF52840 DK
board by building and flashing with `-c flash_usb`
some sample applications.

Wojciech Zmuda (2):
nrf52832.inc: Rename to nrf52.inc
nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf: Add nRF52840 DK support

conf/machine/96b-nitrogen.conf | 2 +-
conf/machine/include/{nrf52832.inc => nrf52.inc} | 4 ++--
conf/machine/nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf | 8 ++++++++
3 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
rename conf/machine/include/{nrf52832.inc => nrf52.inc} (86%)
create mode 100644 conf/machine/nrf52840dk_nrf52840.conf

--
2.25.1


Re: VS: [yocto] Make do_image_complete wait for an earlier task

Richard Purdie
 

On Tue, 2021-05-18 at 07:09 +0000, Mikko Murto wrote:
Lähettäjä: Richard Purdie <richard.purdie@...>
Lähetetty: tiistai 18. toukokuuta 2021 9.57

On Tue, 2021-05-18 at 06:15 +0000, Mikko Murto wrote:
Hi,

I've created a task do_create_spdx that gets some data from packages
after do_package. The task is currently added with `addtask
do_create_spdx after do_package before do_packagedata` The data is
then enriched and combined in do_image_complete by adding the combining
function to IMAGE_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND.
For the most part everything works as expected, but for some packages
do_create_spdx does not complete in time for the combination step in
do_image_complete.
Is there a way for me force do_image_complete to wait for
do_create_spdx to have been completed for all packages?
This seems a little odd since image.bbclass has:

do_rootfs[recrdeptask] += "do_packagedata"

which means do_rootfs should only happen after all do_packagedata have run.
Your task is added before do_packagedata.
do_image and do_image_complete should run after do_rootfs.

I'm wondering if the issue is more to do with reuse of previous build artefacts
where sstate is involved. Does your added task account for sstate?
That is odd indeed. I need to give it another go. As for accounting for sstate, 
no, at least not intentionally.
I don't have much to go on but guessing, if you run some test and then rerun that
test, the second build would come from sstate. If a build comes from sstate, it will 
skip tasks that precede the sstate artefact.

More specifically, if sstate exists for do_packagedata, it would skip any tasks 
preceeding that task including your do_create_spdx task.

There is no direct dependency from do_image_complete on the do_create_spdx tasks.

You can add:

do_rootfs[recrdeptask] += "do_create_spdx"

but this will have the side effect that the build will never use sstate and always
rebuild since that task isn't an sstate task.

I've been giving some thought to SDPX and SBOM during our build process so I
am curious what you're doing, is the work public anywhere?
Public at https://github.com/doubleopen-project/meta-doubleopen. The usual 
disclaimers about PoC-level spaghetti apply; all questions and comments 
very much appreciated! 😊
I did have a quick look and you're going further than I'd been thinking of, at 
least initially.

What I'm thinking of in core YP initially is to have do_packagedata generate SPDX 
data for the output packaged files in do_package/do_packagedata. I noticed you go
further and process all the input sources and I'm not sure we're ready to do that
yet.

Doing it at do_package/do_packagedata time would still access any of the sources
included from a debug perspective, hence it should correctly find the shipped 
manifest/license info without the complexity of having to scan all the sources

For your level of source scanning, I'd look at the existing do_populate_lic task
which is sstate and generates license info. I think I'd be in favour of totally 
replacing that with something generating spdx output...

I'm actually hoping we could simply what we're doing today however the more I look
at all the information you can put into SPDX, the more I worry that whilst we can
generate tons of data and huge SPDX files, I'm not sure they're actually useful
to anyone to actually use :/.

For the SBOM information, we do need to somehow make something as useful as our
normal manifest to people for this to be useful and adopted, at least from my 
perspective.

Cheers,

Richard


Re: [qa-build-notification] QA notification for completed autobuilder build (yocto-3.3.1.rc1)

Sangeeta Jain
 

Hi all,

Intel and WR YP QA is planning for QA execution for YP build yocto-3.3.1.rc1. We are planning to execute following tests for this cycle:

OEQA-manual tests for following module:
1. OE-Core
2. BSP-hw

Runtime auto test for following platforms:
1. MinnowTurbot 32-bit
2. Coffee Lake
3. NUC 7
4. NUC 6
5. Edgerouter
6. Beaglebone

ETA for completion is next Thursday, May 20.


Thanks,
Sangeeta

-----Original Message-----
From: qa-build-notification@... <qa-build-
notification@...> On Behalf Of Pokybuild User
Sent: Monday, 17 May, 2021 9:47 PM
To: yocto@...
Cc: qa-build-notification@...
Subject: [qa-build-notification] QA notification for completed autobuilder
build (yocto-3.3.1.rc1)


A build flagged for QA (yocto-3.3.1.rc1) was completed on the autobuilder
and is available at:


https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/releases/yocto-3.3.1.rc1


Build hash information:

bitbake: b67476d4758915db7a5d9f58bc903ae7501a1774
meta-arm: 7ca13b4f15cc8f51d6c99b40b7ffafeb47dce28e
meta-gplv2: 9e119f333cc8f53bd3cf64326f826dbc6ce3db0f
meta-intel: 4d5791d9ff515ba1660234b1987eae4d4e90eeca
meta-mingw: 422b96cb2b6116442be1f40dfb5bd77447d1219e
oecore: efce6334bf122a64f63d46c1c04e3dbffe298c51
poky: 05a8aad57ce250b124db16705acec557819905ae



This is an automated message from the Yocto Project Autobuilder
Git: git://git.yoctoproject.org/yocto-autobuilder2
Email: richard.purdie@...






3821 - 3840 of 57364