Date

Re: [poky] [yocto] Python3-native illegal instruction on poky dunfell

Richard Purdie

On Sat, 2021-01-16 at 16:48 +0200, Daniela-Marinela Bistrean wrote:
Hello again,
I solved the mystery and I am describing it here in case anyone has
the same problem.

Basically, what I omitted last time and seems to be critical to the
problem is that I was running a virtual machine. The one bit causing
the issue was that avx2 was disabled in my VM and python requires it.
Enabling avx2 fixed the issue.

I managed to reproduce the issue with qemu using the following
command line:
$ qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm  -boot d -m 8G -cpu host,-avx2 -smp
4 -hda disk.bin

Hope it helps,Daniela-Marinela Bistrean
Thanks for reporting back and letting us know. Its now in the archives
in case someone else runs into it. Glad you got sorted out too!

Re: Python3-native illegal instruction on poky dunfell

Daniela-Marinela Bistrean

Hello again,

I solved the mystery and I am describing it here in case anyone has the same problem.

Basically, what I omitted last time and seems to be critical to the problem is that I was running a virtual machine. The one bit causing the issue was that avx2 was disabled in my VM and python requires it. Enabling avx2 fixed the issue.

I managed to reproduce the issue with qemu using the following command line:
$ qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm  -boot d -m 8G -cpu host,-avx2 -smp 4 -hda disk.bin

Hope it helps,
Daniela-Marinela Bistrean

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 at 15:19, Daniela-Marinela Bistrean via lists.yoctoproject.org <daniela.marinela.bistrean=gmail.com@...> wrote:
Thank you very much for your response!

I have only one builder and the sstate is not shared. Additionally I also tried building on the zeus branch and the build fails with the same error (illegal instruction) but this time at do_configure task. And do_configure calls the same python3-native with setup.py but with a different parameter.

Any help or hint is appreciated.

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 at 14:43, Ross Burton <ross@...> wrote:
Are you sharing sstate between multiple builders?

Ross

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 at 08:58, Daniela-Marinela Bistrean

--
Cu deosebită consideraţie,
Daniela-Mărinela Bistrean

Re: requesting help

Vijay Rakesh Munganda

Hi Paul,

I apologise, thanks for the correction.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay Rakesh

On 16-Jan-2021, at 19:41, U RAVI KUMAR <uppadaravi2511@...> wrote:

      I will check the live coding videos.Thanks paul.
Thanks & Regards
RAVI_UPPADA

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 7:04 PM Paul Barker <pbarker@...> wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 at 04:12, Vijay Rakesh Munganda
<vijayrakeshmunganda@...> wrote:

> Hi Ravi,
>
> Below links might help you, choose one of the them you need. Download and add this recipe into the your build and recipe name to IMAGE_INSTALL_append in local.conf file.
>
> https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/67001/
>
> https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/61209/

Hi Vijay,

I hate to be rude but this is terrible advice. That recipe likely has
dependencies on other recipes and before you know it you'd be
assembling a completely untested mess of copy & pasted recipes with no
clean upgrade path.

I recommend looking at the project documentation, watch Josef's
excellent live coding videos
(https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4M5FoHz-TxMfBFrDKfIS_GLY25Qsfyj),
maybe check out a book or work through a tutorial. Once you understand
the layer system you'll see that it's easy to add the required layers
properly.

Paul Barker
Konsulko Group

Re: requesting help

<vijayrakeshmunganda@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Thanks, I'll check them out. And will i be able to configure the browser? please suggest.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 9:42 AM Vijay Rakesh Munganda <vijayrakeshmunganda@...> wrote:
Hi Ravi,

Below links might help you, choose one of the them you need. Download and add this recipe into the your build and recipe name to IMAGE_INSTALL_append in local.conf file.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay Rakesh

On 16-Jan-2021, at 09:07, U RAVI KUMAR <uppadaravi2511@...> wrote:

Hello guys,
                    I have built a linux distribution using core-image-sato.I want a qtwebbrowser as one of the application to be installed on the OS. can anyone pls help me through this process.

Thanks and Regards,
ravi_uppada

Re: requesting help

Vijay Rakesh Munganda

Hi Ravi,

Below links might help you, choose one of the them you need. Download and add this recipe into the your build and recipe name to IMAGE_INSTALL_append in local.conf file.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay Rakesh

On 16-Jan-2021, at 09:07, U RAVI KUMAR <uppadaravi2511@...> wrote:

Hello guys,
                    I have built a linux distribution using core-image-sato.I want a qtwebbrowser as one of the application to be installed on the OS. can anyone pls help me through this process.

Thanks and Regards,
ravi_uppada

requesting help

U RAVI KUMAR <uppadaravi2511@...>

Hello guys,
                    I have built a linux distribution using core-image-sato.I want a qtwebbrowser as one of the application to be installed on the OS. can anyone pls help me through this process.

Thanks and Regards,
ravi_uppada

Re: Can't Build Read-Only RootFS

Leon Woestenberg

Hello Dave,

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 10:40 PM Dave Tucker <theaethereal@...> wrote:
ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: The following packages could not be configured offline and rootfs is read-only: ['sysvinit-inittab']
I've not been able to find any information on this issue and am not sure how to proceed.  Could someone please point me in the right direction?

I copied that error report into Google. Maybe you are hitting a similar case to this?

Regards,

Leon,

Can't Build Read-Only RootFS

Dave Tucker

I'm trying to build yocto for a Beaglebone Black.  I was setting the file system to be read-only in /etc/fstab, and that was causing the boot process to lock up as of my latest build when I switched to dunfell.  So I added IMAGE_FEATURES += "read-only-rootfs" to my local.conf, which I believe is the correct way to handle this.  But now the system won't build.  I get the following output:

NOTE: recipe core-image-minimal-1.0-r0: task do_rootfs: Started
ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: The following packages could not be configured offline and rootfs is read-only: ['sysvinit-inittab']
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /data/dunfell-bbb/build/bbb/tmp/work/beaglebone_yocto-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.10987
NOTE: recipe core-image-minimal-1.0-r0: task do_rootfs: Failed
I've not been able to find any information on this issue and am not sure how to proceed.  Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Here are my local.conf and bblayers.conf.

Thanks,

Dave

Re: #yocto #kernel #yocto #kernel

Monsees, Steven C (US)

I am still seeing the Nothing PROVIDES 'init-system-helpers-service'...

I am currently working around this be over-writing the "mountnfs.sh" script, but I want resolve this issue so we are 100% Yocto compliant...