Date

Re: Call for help for demo UPNP media renderer

Xu, Dongxiao <dongxiao.xu@...>

I just built out the poky-image-rygel image with your meta-demo layer, and run

rygel --gst-debug-level=5

I still saw it "segmentation fault" in the last...

I am looking into it.

Thanks,
Dongxiao

Xu, Dongxiao wrote:

Zanussi, Tom wrote:
On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 17:40 -0700, Xu, Dongxiao wrote:
Joshua Lock wrote:
On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 01:04 +0100, Joshua Lock wrote:
On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 14:31 -0700, Saul Wold wrote:

Dongxiao,

Can you take a look at this since you have worked with the
gstreamer?
I did a sloppy job pushing my changes when leaving the office but
think I have replicated most/all of the in the josh/demo branch.

I also took a look through the rygel code to see what gstreamer
elements are explicitly being used, I've created a list and tried
to ensure as many as possible of them are in the IMAGE_INSTALL
list for poky-image-rygel, adding them to the RDEPENDS for rygel
doesn't appear to have included them in the image I just
created...

Full list of names of pipeline elements I found in the rygel code
follows:

decodebin2, videorate, videoscale, ffmpegcolorspace, ffenc_wmv1,
twolame, lame, mp3parse, ffenc_wmav2, convert-sink-pad,
ffenc_mpeg2video, audio-src-pad, audio-sink-pad,
audio-enc-sink-pad, sink, mpegtsmux, audioconvert, audioresample,
audiorate, capsfilter, audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, ffmux_asf
The image I just built with my latest changes in josh/demo
worked!?! Rygel did not segfault :-)

If you have time Dongxiao (or anyone else) I'd appreciate if you
could double-check my changes (my install_append in rygel to create
a .config isn't working, so you'll need to do that manually and run
rygel-preferences to disable the tracker plugin). If you could test
using Rygel as a renderer for some content served by the mediatomb
image, that would be much appreciated. You'll want gupnp-av-cp as
provided by gupnp-tools to control the renderer and content server.

Thanks,
Joshua
I will try your branch, however I didn't find josh/demo in
poky-contrib. Is it reside in other place?
It should be here:

ssh://git@git.pokylinux.org/meta-demo.git

Tom
Got it, thanks!

Dongxiao

Tom Zanussi <tom.zanussi@...>

Darren Hart <dvhart@...>

On 10/19/2010 05:16 PM, Joshua Lock wrote:
[...]

It is my udnerstanding that we plan to run both the renderer and the
gupnp-av-cp on each "player". That is an ARM BeagleBoard and a PowerPC
*unknown* board. Each will have a suitable display. Is this your
understanding/intention?
I guess Josh may go to bed now. :-)

btw, Darren, do we have to use real boards for the exercise? We don't have
those boards in PRC. Any limitations to use Qemu environments as the alternative
in our side?
For testing the images, you can use all x86 hardware. I'd prefer we not use QEMU as it is likely to complicate the networking, which is rather integral to this demo.

Also it'd be great if we have a detail list for demo steps. Is it included in the
demo branch?
No documented steps yet, just build the live images in the demo layers and boot on hardware. If you run into issues, please share them here and we'll help work through them.

Darren Hart
Embedded Linux Kernel

Re: Call for help for demo UPNP media renderer

Tian, Kevin <kevin.tian@...>

[...]

Oops, we do have netbooks which I forgot. :-)

Thanks
Keivn

[...]

Kevin

--
Darren Hart
Embedded Linux Kernel

Re: Call for help for demo UPNP media renderer

Joshua Lock <josh@...>

[...]

Have all of above elements already enabled in your branch, or is it
still
in progress to follow up?
They have now.

Is it a separate issue from segfault or related in your gut-feeling?
Definitely related, rygel launches without segfault now. It doesn't
explicitly specify which elements are required at build time and for at
least some of them doesn't handle them not being there very well at all.

Cheers,
Joshua
--
Joshua Lock
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

[...]

Sau!

On 10/19/2010 02:15 PM, Joshua Lock wrote:
Hi all,

I've packaged Rygel, a upnp media server and renderer, to use as the
media renderer in the upnp demo. However I'm seeing a segfault at launch
and as it's getting late here I'm wondering if someone in a strategic
timezone can help debug while I cycle home and sleep.

The (ugly) recipes are in the josh/demo branch of the meta-demo
repository.

rygel --gst-debug-level=5

shows plenty of output, but nothing that jumps out to a gstreamer newb
like me. AFAICT I have all of the plugins required but it's possible we
need to add more.

If not I'll pick it up again in the morning.

[...]

so Josh, have you pushed all of your changes now? That way Dongxiao can follow
up with it here.

Thanks
Kevin

It seems I didn't push all of my changes, just trying to replicate them
here and push.

Joshua

[...]

Re: Yocto Readiness Review Meeting

Richard Purdie <rpurdie@...>

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 15:13 -0700, Wold, Saul wrote:
David, Kevin, Paul, Richard:

As discussed in the project sync we need to do a readiness review to
look at the current state of the release with regards to existing open
bugs, QA testing, and general sanity of the release.

The best time for this would be Thursday morning at 11:00, could the
folks on the "To:" line please respond with your availablity to meet at
this time. We need to do it in the morning to enable Richard to attend
at a "reasonable" hour.

Thursday Oct 21, 2010 11:00AM
Where: 916-356-2663, 8-356-2663 Bridge 92 / 3302969
This is ok with me.

Re: Yocto Readiness Review Meeting

Mark Hatle <mark.hatle@...>

On 10/19/10 5:17 PM, Mark Hatle wrote:
On 10/19/10 5:13 PM, Saul Wold wrote:

David, Kevin, Paul, Richard:

As discussed in the project sync we need to do a readiness review to
look at the current state of the release with regards to existing open
bugs, QA testing, and general sanity of the release.

The best time for this would be Thursday morning at 11:00, could the
folks on the "To:" line please respond with your availablity to meet at
this time. We need to do it in the morning to enable Richard to attend
at a "reasonable" hour.

Thursday Oct 21, 2010 11:00AM
Where: 916-356-2663, 8-356-2663 Bridge 92 / 3302969
11am Pacific should work.. I have a short meeting somewhere between 2 and 6
EDT... (or 10 and 2 Pacific).. Hopefully this won't interfere.. (sorry I don't
have details beyond that wide range.. but it's supposed to be 15 minutes or
less) :P
Finally got the time locked down.

My meeting does NOT conflict with this time, so 11am (Pacific) is good for me.

--Mark

--Mark

Thanks
Sau!

Re: Yocto Readiness Review Meeting

Anderson, Paul <paul.anderson@...>

Kevin is on vacation, so he's out for sure. He doesn't get back until
after CELF anyway.

I'm OOO Thursday, but can make an exception for this, preusming we can
motor through it reasonably quickly. It would be good to see the data as
to where we are.

Regards,

-pja

Susie; Lock, Joshua; Ashfield, Bruce; Zanussi, Tom; Hart, Darren; Ta,
Lieu; 'yocto@yoctoproject.org'
Subject: Yocto Readiness Review Meeting

Saul Wold <saul.wold@...>

David, Kevin, Paul, Richard:

As discussed in the project sync we need to do a readiness review to look at the current state of the release with regards to existing open bugs, QA testing, and general sanity of the release.

The best time for this would be Thursday morning at 11:00, could the folks on the "To:" line please respond with your availablity to meet at this time. We need to do it in the morning to enable Richard to attend at a "reasonable" hour.

Thursday Oct 21, 2010 11:00AM
Where: 916-356-2663, 8-356-2663 Bridge 92 / 3302969

Thanks
Sau!

Re: Yocto Linux Project Sync notes

Anderson, Paul <paul.anderson@...>