US: Beth, Scott, Nitin, Saul

Opens: no opens

4 milestones

M2: 6 sprints

M3 : 6 sprints

  around a week of sprint

  sprint A is bit longer

M4: stabilizing & bug fixing

Release: on Apr 1st (April Fool’s Day), Contingency Apr 15th

 release venue: Linux foundation event on Apr 6th week

PRC Holidays:

  New hear holiday: Feb 3rd, normally 8 days, people may take extra days off before or after

  Saul: QA testing may need pushing further 1 week ?

  Dave: the QA test may be complete by the new year holiday

For publically publishing this plan, remove owner/source ?

: take it offline

Main goals of 1.0 release:

  Improve overall experience, and add new BSPs.

Package updates:

  License Checksum & Source Checksum  (in bb files)

    Will be made fetal errors

  Source Checksum:

    The current checkers only checks the source checksum in the ini files and not in bb files.

    Will drop from sprint B ?

    Need to do Audit to find how many are mismatching.

    AR: for Saul

  Mark will be doing package distribution

  Need to do package updates as soon as we can.

M3: Package updates, should be a small list

Yu Ke: work with Saul, rootless X & checksum

Qing: work with Mark on zypper/RPM, performance investigation,

  RP: fork vs. exec discussion

Edwin: KVM/qemu work, qemu recipe maintainer, audio in qemu?

  Our qemu has big patch for GL pass through

Dongxiao:  sysroot per machine per recipe

        Image creator ?

        ophono ?

Lei: help Beth with package history

   How long is your internship? 1 year. till next summer

Nitin:

   M2: toolchain, eglibc, gcc with testing, perl

   M3: mklibs with mark

   eglibc & busybox need newer patches for fedora 14;  josh's patches can go in.

Scott:

   security process

   libtool sysroot support

   upstream documentation enabling/disabling

   helping Beth with autobuilder

   helping with sysadmin

Beth:

   Autobuilder

   updates

   creating license directory for release process

   Documentation of release process & clarifying

   Package History with Saul & RP

open task list:

   BSP work

   profiling & tracing

   Package developer tool ?

   updating metademo apps

Some investigation on disk space occupation for Yocto Linux

Xu, Dongxiao <dongxiao.xu@...>

Hi, Richard,

I just had a quick investigation on disk space occupation for Yocto linux.
Here are some findings and thoughts.

I built poky-image-minimal based on poky green release and yocto-0.9 release,
within the build directory, I dumped the tmp dir size:

Tmp dir size:
Green: 7.4G
Yocto-0.9: 27G

The "work" dir occupies most of the space (~90%) in both releases.
Here are the details with "work" dir.

Green:
1.5M all-poky-linux
5.2G i586-poky-linux
675M i686-linux
1.1G qemux86-poky-linux

Yocto-0.9:
1.8M all-poky-linux
16G i586-poky-linux
4.8G qemux86-poky-linux
3.5G x86_64-linux

For the directory of "i586-poky-linux", Green has 34 sub directories, while Yocto-0.9
has 64 sub directories, which doubles Green's number. However the size is triple.

This should be a problem.

For a certain package directory, for example, ncurses-5.4-r14.

Green:
Total: 112M
12M image
36M ncurses-5.4
16M package
16M packages-split
18M staging-pkg
15M sysroot-destdir
1.1M temp

Yocto-0.9:
Total: 167M
13M image
36M ncurses-5.4
17M package
17M packages-split
16M sysroot-destdir
1.4M temp
2.5M deploy-ipks
2.6M deploy-rpms
4.0K ncurses.requires
116K ncurses.spec
40K pkgdata
12M pseudo
12K shlibs
2.5M sstate-build-deploy-ipk
2.6M sstate-build-deploy-rpm
33M sstate-build-package
16M sstate-build-populate-sysroot

We saw in Yocto-0.9, size is 50% larger than Green release.

Some directories within package are new in Yocto-0.9, like pseudo, sstate-build-*.
I just took a glance at sstate.bbclass, the current logic seems that it will first
copy directories (like deploy-rpms, deploy-ipks, package, package-split, sysroot, etc)
into sstate-build-*, and then archive it into sstate-cache directory.

So the first step of optimization from my thoughts are:
1) Can we remove the sstate-build-* directories after archive is done?
2) Or is it possible to omit the copy process and archive directly from directories
(deploy-rpms, deploy-ipks, package, package-split, sysroot, etc) to sstate-cache?

Thanks,
Dongxiao

Re: [PULL] devel/toolchain Recipes upgrades

Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield@...>

On 10-11-09 6:31 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:
From: Bruce Ashfield [mailto:bruce.ashfield@windriver.com]

Out of curiosity. What's the logic/requirement behind this
change ? Since we don't have a 'supported' 2.6.36 kernel, using
these would be a mismatch with what is actually booting on
the targets.

There's probably something I just don't understand here, so
apologies in advance for the (potentially) dumb question.

AFAIU the linux-libc-headers are independent from the running kernel. These are headers for libc.
But they aren't. The libc headers should be coupled to the
kernel version. New ABIs are established and glibc can detect
and deal with this, but you should never have a newer set of
headers than the running kernel.

To say the least, I'd like more explanation of this change.
I agree with Bruce here. If anything the linux-libc-headers should be the same
or OLDER then the running kernel for this exact reason. It's quite dangerous
for newer kernel headers, as they may trigger behavioral differences within the
glibc configuration.
When you compile [e]glibc you specify the oldest kernel you wish to
support. As far as I know it is safe to use a recent set of kernel
headers to build [e]glibc and then use older kernels with it. I have
never seems a problem caused directly by kernel versions unless it was
related to ABI changes or massive kernel version differences (2.4
kernels on a 2.6 optimised glibc, compiled with 2.6 as the oldest kernel
it would support).
I've seen incompatibilities. Since we aren't running full
toolchain validation, I do see some (minor) chances of
'bad things' happening.

If we can limit it in eglibc, then things should be fine,
since, as we all know, the kernel doesn't break ABIs. So any
headers from a newer kernel will leave structures alone that
existed for older kernels.

There is a chance of a mismatch at runtime if someone uses
statically linked binaries and matches them with the wrong
kernel, this is something we've had happen in the past, but
is more of a social engineering issue.

I'm therefore ok in general with keeping linux-libc-headers tracking the
most recent kernels and letting the toolchain optionally support
features from the most recent kernel.

If I'm missing something or anyone has experience of this causing
problems I'd be interested to learn about it though.
TIPC and some of the other protocols share structures/definitions
via exported headers, they run into problems periodically. Those
breakages are more along the lines of new features not being
picked up, or new features being picked up in the headers and
not supported in the kernel, etc.

When robust PI futexs were introduced there was also
a time when the libc headers and kernel were out of sync.
glibc wouldn't do the right thing with respect to runtime
detection of the support, would fall back to the kernel
version and the support would be incorrectly disabled.

There are some syscalls added for various optional features
that are exported via unistd.h. Having newer headers than
the running kernel means some functionality may be assumed
and not present.

ARM EABI caused headaches with this as well, I vividly
remember the issues.

This are all historical examples, so my memory isn't precise
on the details (so I reserve the right to be correct). Luckily
we tend to know better now, but there is always a possibility that
things like this will pop back as well, in particular since we'll
be doing kernel development and using on-the-way upstream features.
since we have a supported kernel, I'd tend to track those headers and
not stray newer than one of our supported kernels, since they'll have
extra validation and testing. But I'm being overly paranoid.

We also have the matching of the preferred provider of the
kernel and linux-libc-headers matching, so that keeps things
in sync. But if we've removed a version locked set of
headers, and move the default forward, a local mod needs to
be done to move back to a matching set (if you were using
that older kernel). correct ?

In the end, this isn't really an issue, but coming from a
background where we validate a toolchain against a supported
kernel and set of headers, moving this forward so quickly
made me want to at least ask the question.

Cheers,

Bruce

Re: [PULL] devel/toolchain Recipes upgrades

Richard Purdie <rpurdie@...>

From: Bruce Ashfield [mailto:bruce.ashfield@windriver.com]

[...]

Re: Running builds under strace

David Stewart

This is quite helpful, as we have been discussing this exact topic this week.

Maybe capture this in Bugzilla? (Not at my computer at the moment or would help). Thanks again.

Davest
Sent from my Blackberry

[...]

Kamble, Nitin A <nitin.a.kamble@...>

Nitin,

Did you update the distro tracking fields?

Sau!

Saul,
Missed this part. I pushed one more commit for the distro tracking updates.

Thanks,
Nitin

Re: [PULL] devel/toolchain Recipes upgrades

Kamble, Nitin A <nitin.a.kamble@...>

Out of curiosity. What's the logic/requirement behind this
change ? Since we don't have a 'supported' 2.6.36 kernel, using
these would be a mismatch with what is actually booting on
the targets.

There's probably something I just don't understand here, so
apologies in advance for the (potentially) dumb question.

Cheers,

Bruce

Bruce,
AFAIU the linux-libc-headers are independent from the running kernel. These are headers for libc.

Thanks,
Nitin

[PULL] Distro Updates and Locale Generation Change to Posix

Saul Wold <sgw@...>

Richard,

This contains the initial set of distro updates along with some fixes
to locale generation.

Pull URL: http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=distro/master
Branch: contrib/distro/master

Dexuan Cui (2):
busybox: enable more options for tar to support more file formats.
eglibc: install the missing /etc/ld.so.conf into target

Jiajun Xu (1):
imagetest-qemu: Add test case for dmesg check in target

Qing He (1):
bzip2: upgrade to version 1.0.6

Saul Wold (5):
task-sdk-gmae: fix typo in SDK-EXTRAS and convert to ?= for assignment
poky.conf: Change default locale to POSIX
ld.so.conf: create empty file
eglibc: add en-us locale generation
poky.conf: Default Locale Generation

Xiaofeng Yan (1):
LSB: Add a new package

-- meta/classes/imagetest-qemu.bbclass | 6
meta/conf/distro/include/poky-eglibc.inc | 1
meta/conf/distro/poky.conf | 8
meta/recipes-core/busybox/busybox-1.16.2/defconfig | 14 -
meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc-2.12/etc/ld.so.conf | 2
meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc-package.inc | 2
meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc_2.12.bb | 2
meta/recipes-extended/bzip2/bzip2-1.0.5/Makefile.am | 41 ----
meta/recipes-extended/bzip2/bzip2-1.0.5/configure.ac | 14 -
meta/recipes-extended/bzip2/bzip2-1.0.6/Makefile.am | 41 ++++
meta/recipes-extended/bzip2/bzip2-1.0.6/configure.ac | 14 +
meta/recipes-extended/bzip2/bzip2_1.0.5.bb | 26 --
meta/recipes-extended/bzip2/bzip2_1.0.6.bb | 26 ++
meta/recipes-extended/lsb/lsb_1.4.bb | 83 +++++++++
meta/recipes-gnome/tasks/task-poky-sdk-gmae.bb | 4
meta/recipes-gnome/tasks/task-sdk-gmae.inc | 12 -
scripts/qemuimage-testlib | 122 +++++++++++++-
scripts/qemuimage-tests/sanity/boot | 3
scripts/qemuimage-tests/sanity/dmesg | 52 +++++
scripts/qemuimage-tests/sanity/ssh | 5
scripts/qemuimage-tests/scenario/qemuarm/poky-image-sato | 1
scripts/qemuimage-tests/scenario/qemuarm/poky-image-sdk | 1
scripts/qemuimage-tests/scenario/qemumips/poky-image-sato | 1
scripts/qemuimage-tests/scenario/qemumips/poky-image-sdk | 1
scripts/qemuimage-tests/scenario/qemuppc/poky-image-sato | 1
scripts/qemuimage-tests/scenario/qemuppc/poky-image-sdk | 1
scripts/qemuimage-tests/scenario/qemux86/poky-image-sato | 1
scripts/qemuimage-tests/scenario/qemux86/poky-image-sdk | 1
scripts/qemuimage-tests/tools/dmesg.sh | 26 ++

Sau!

Saul Wold
Yocto Component Wrangler @ Intel
Yocto Project / Poky Build System

Re: [PULL] devel/toolchain Recipes upgrades

Saul Wold <saul.wold@...>

On 11/08/2010 12:32 PM, Kamble, Nitin A wrote:
Saul/RP,
This is a pull request for upgrading most of the devel/toolchain recipes. This one is still missing the perl upgrade, and some gnome libs related python modules.
I have done basic build testing of these recipes. And would like to see in the master tree sooner, so that all the possible target combinations can be tested with these changes.
Nitin,

Did you update the distro tracking fields?

Sau!

Thanks& Regards,
Nitin

meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.65/autoconf-x.patch | 36
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.65/autoheader-nonfatal-warnings.patch | 13
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.65/autoreconf-exclude.patch | 137
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.65/autoreconf-foreign.patch | 11
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.65/autoreconf-gnuconfigize.patch | 37
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.65/autoreconf-include.patch | 12
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.65/config_site.patch | 29
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.65/fix_path_xtra.patch | 118
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.65/path_prog_fixes.patch | 126
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.65/program_prefix.patch | 19
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.68/autoconf-x.patch | 36
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.68/autoheader-nonfatal-warnings.patch | 13
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.68/autoreconf-exclude.patch | 137
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.68/autoreconf-foreign.patch | 11
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.68/autoreconf-gnuconfigize.patch | 37
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.68/autoreconf-include.patch | 12
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.68/config_site.patch | 34
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf-2.68/path_prog_fixes.patch | 126
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf.inc | 3
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf_2.65.bb | 23
meta/recipes-devtools/autoconf/autoconf_2.68.bb | 21
meta/recipes-devtools/bison/bison_2.4.2.bb | 22
meta/recipes-devtools/bison/bison_2.4.3.bb | 22
meta/recipes-devtools/diffstat/diffstat_1.47.bb | 26
meta/recipes-devtools/diffstat/diffstat_1.54.bb | 22
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0.inc | 84
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/100-uclibc-conf.patch | 37
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/103-uclibc-conf-noupstream.patch | 15
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/200-uclibc-locale.patch | 2840 ----------
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/203-uclibc-locale-no__x.patch | 233
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/204-uclibc-locale-wchar_fix.patch | 48
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/205-uclibc-locale-update.patch | 519 -
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/301-missing-execinfo_h.patch | 13
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/302-c99-snprintf.patch | 13
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/303-c99-complex-ugly-hack.patch | 14
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/304-index_macro.patch | 28
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/305-libmudflap-susv3-legacy.patch | 49
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/306-libstdc++-namespace.patch | 38
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/307-locale_facets.patch | 19
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/602-sdk-libstdc++-includes.patch | 20
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/64bithack.patch | 33
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/740-sh-pr24836.patch | 29
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/800-arm-bigendian.patch | 34
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/904-flatten-switch-stmt-00.patch | 74
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/arm-bswapsi2.patch | 13
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/arm-nolibfloat.patch | 24
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/arm-softfloat.patch | 16
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/arm-unbreak-eabi-armv4t.dpatch | 36
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/cache-amnesia.patch | 31
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/disable_relax_pic_calls_flag.patch | 44
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fedora/gcc43-c++-builtin-redecl.patch | 114
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fedora/gcc43-cpp-pragma.patch | 284 -
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fedora/gcc43-i386-libgomp.patch | 65
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fedora/gcc43-ia64-libunwind.patch | 550 -
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fedora/gcc43-java-debug-iface-type.patch | 19
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fedora/gcc43-java-nomulti.patch | 48
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fedora/gcc43-libgomp-speedup.patch | 2797 ---------
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fedora/gcc43-ppc32-retaddr.patch | 90
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fedora/gcc43-pr27898.patch | 16
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fedora/gcc43-pr32139.patch | 19
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fedora/gcc43-pr33763.patch | 159
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fedora/gcc43-rh251682.patch | 89
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fedora/gcc43-rh330771.patch | 31
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fedora/gcc43-rh341221.patch | 32
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/fortran-cross-compile-hack.patch | 30
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/gcc-4.0.2-e300c2c3.patch | 319 -
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/gcc-4.3.1-ARCH_FLAGS_FOR_TARGET.patch | 31
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/gcc-4.3.3-SYSROOT_CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET.patch | 114
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/gcc-arm-frename-registers.patch | 25
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/gcc-flags-for-build.patch | 178
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/gcc-ice-hack.dpatch | 331 -
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/gcc-poison-dir-extend.patch | 24
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/gcc-poison-parameters.patch | 83
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/gcc-poison-system-directories.patch | 201
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/gcc-pr43698-arm-rev-instr.patch | 117
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/gcc-uclibc-locale-ctype_touplow_t.patch | 67
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/gcc_revert_base_version_to_4.5.0.patch | 9
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/libstdc++-emit-__cxa_end_cleanup-in-text.patch | 40
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/libstdc++-pic.dpatch | 71
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/optional_libstdc.patch | 23
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/pr30961.dpatch | 179
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/pr35942.patch | 38
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.0/zecke-xgcc-cpp.patch | 28
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1.inc | 81
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/100-uclibc-conf.patch | 37
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/103-uclibc-conf-noupstream.patch | 15
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/200-uclibc-locale.patch | 2840 ++++++++++
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/203-uclibc-locale-no__x.patch | 233
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/204-uclibc-locale-wchar_fix.patch | 48
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/205-uclibc-locale-update.patch | 519 +
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/301-missing-execinfo_h.patch | 13
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/302-c99-snprintf.patch | 13
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/303-c99-complex-ugly-hack.patch | 14
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/304-index_macro.patch | 28
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/305-libmudflap-susv3-legacy.patch | 49
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/306-libstdc++-namespace.patch | 38
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/307-locale_facets.patch | 19
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/602-sdk-libstdc++-includes.patch | 20
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/64bithack.patch | 33
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/740-sh-pr24836.patch | 29
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/800-arm-bigendian.patch | 34
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/904-flatten-switch-stmt-00.patch | 74
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/arm-bswapsi2.patch | 13
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/arm-nolibfloat.patch | 24
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/arm-softfloat.patch | 16
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/arm-unbreak-eabi-armv4t.dpatch | 36
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/cache-amnesia.patch | 31
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/disable_relax_pic_calls_flag.patch | 44
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fedora/gcc43-c++-builtin-redecl.patch | 114
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fedora/gcc43-cpp-pragma.patch | 284 +
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fedora/gcc43-i386-libgomp.patch | 65
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fedora/gcc43-ia64-libunwind.patch | 550 +
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fedora/gcc43-java-debug-iface-type.patch | 19
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fedora/gcc43-java-nomulti.patch | 48
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fedora/gcc43-libgomp-speedup.patch | 2797 +++++++++
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fedora/gcc43-ppc32-retaddr.patch | 90
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fedora/gcc43-pr27898.patch | 16
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fedora/gcc43-pr32139.patch | 19
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fedora/gcc43-pr33763.patch | 159
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fedora/gcc43-rh251682.patch | 89
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fedora/gcc43-rh330771.patch | 31
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fedora/gcc43-rh341221.patch | 32
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/fortran-cross-compile-hack.patch | 30
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/gcc-4.0.2-e300c2c3.patch | 319 +
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/gcc-4.3.1-ARCH_FLAGS_FOR_TARGET.patch | 31
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/gcc-4.3.3-SYSROOT_CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET.patch | 114
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/gcc-arm-frename-registers.patch | 25
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/gcc-flags-for-build.patch | 178
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/gcc-ice-hack.dpatch | 331 +
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/gcc-poison-dir-extend.patch | 24
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/gcc-poison-parameters.patch | 83
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/gcc-poison-system-directories.patch | 201
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/gcc-uclibc-locale-ctype_touplow_t.patch | 67
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/libstdc++-emit-__cxa_end_cleanup-in-text.patch | 40
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/libstdc++-pic.dpatch | 71
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/optional_libstdc.patch | 23
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/pr30961.dpatch | 179
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/pr35942.patch | 38
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-4.5.1/zecke-xgcc-cpp.patch | 28
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross-canadian_4.5.0.bb | 25
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross-canadian_4.5.1.bb | 25
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross-initial_4.5.0.bb | 5
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross-initial_4.5.1.bb | 5
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross-intermediate_4.5.0.bb | 4
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross-intermediate_4.5.1.bb | 4
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross_4.5.0.bb | 10
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross_4.5.1.bb | 10
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-crosssdk-initial_4.5.0.bb | 4
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-crosssdk-initial_4.5.1.bb | 4
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-crosssdk-intermediate_4.5.0.bb | 4
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-crosssdk-intermediate_4.5.1.bb | 4
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-crosssdk_4.5.0.bb | 4
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-crosssdk_4.5.1.bb | 4
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-runtime_4.5.0.bb | 11
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-runtime_4.5.1.bb | 11
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc_4.5.0.bb | 10
meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc_4.5.1.bb | 10
meta/recipes-devtools/gdb/gdb-cross-canadian_7.1.bb | 10
meta/recipes-devtools/gdb/gdb-cross-canadian_7.2.bb | 10
meta/recipes-devtools/gdb/gdb-cross_7.1.bb | 6
meta/recipes-devtools/gdb/gdb-cross_7.2.bb | 6
meta/recipes-devtools/gdb/gdb.inc | 3
meta/recipes-devtools/gdb/gdb/fix_for_build_error_internal_error_call.patch | 13
meta/recipes-devtools/gdb/gdb_7.1.bb | 3
meta/recipes-devtools/gdb/gdb_7.2.bb | 3
meta/recipes-devtools/libtool/libtool-cross_2.2.10.bb | 34
meta/recipes-devtools/libtool/libtool-cross_2.4.bb | 34
meta/recipes-devtools/libtool/libtool-native_2.2.10.bb | 22
meta/recipes-devtools/libtool/libtool-native_2.4.bb | 22
meta/recipes-devtools/libtool/libtool-nativesdk_2.2.10.bb | 27
meta/recipes-devtools/libtool/libtool-nativesdk_2.4.bb | 27
meta/recipes-devtools/libtool/libtool/cross_compile.patch | 27
meta/recipes-devtools/libtool/libtool/prefix.patch | 31
meta/recipes-devtools/libtool/libtool_2.2.10.bb | 33
meta/recipes-devtools/libtool/libtool_2.4.bb | 33
meta/recipes-devtools/make/make_3.81.bb | 3
meta/recipes-devtools/make/make_3.82.bb | 3
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-gst_0.10.18.bb | 18
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-gst_0.10.19.bb | 18
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native-2.6.5/00-fix-bindir-libdir-for-cross.patch | 20
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native-2.6.5/04-default-is-optimized.patch | 18
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native-2.6.5/10-distutils-fix-swig-parameter.patch | 16
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native-2.6.5/11-distutils-never-modify-shebang-line.patch | 18
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native-2.6.5/12-distutils-prefix-is-inside-staging-area.patch | 60
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native-2.6.5/debug.patch | 27
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native-2.6.5/nohostlibs.patch | 53
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native-2.6.5/sitecustomize.py | 45
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native/04-default-is-optimized.patch | 18
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native/10-distutils-fix-swig-parameter.patch | 16
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native/11-distutils-never-modify-shebang-line.patch | 18
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native/12-distutils-prefix-is-inside-staging-area.patch | 60
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native/debug.patch | 27
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native/nohostlibs.patch | 53
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native/sitecustomize.py | 45
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native_2.6.5.bb | 30
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-native_2.6.6.bb | 30
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-scons-native_1.3.0.bb | 6
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-scons-native_2.0.1.bb | 6
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-scons_1.3.0.bb | 12
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python-scons_2.0.1.bb | 12
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python/00-fix-bindir-libdir-for-cross.patch | 20
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python/01-use-proper-tools-for-cross-build.patch | 32
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python/04-default-is-optimized.patch | 28
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python/06-avoid_usr_lib_termcap_path_in_linking.patch | 14
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python/99-ignore-optimization-flag.patch | 20
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python_2.6.5.bb | 124
meta/recipes-devtools/python/python_2.6.6.bb | 122
meta/recipes-devtools/tcltk/tcl/fix_non_native_build_issue.patch | 63
meta/recipes-devtools/tcltk/tcl_8.5.8.bb | 63
meta/recipes-devtools/tcltk/tcl_8.5.9.bb | 62
meta/recipes-extended/lsof/lsof_4.83.bb | 41
meta/recipes-extended/lsof/lsof_4.84.bb | 41
meta/recipes-kernel/linux-libc-headers/linux-libc-headers/hayes-gone.patch | 46
meta/recipes-kernel/linux-libc-headers/linux-libc-headers/ppc_glibc_build_fix.patch | 25
meta/recipes-kernel/linux-libc-headers/linux-libc-headers_2.6.34.bb | 49
meta/recipes-kernel/linux-libc-headers/linux-libc-headers_2.6.36.bb | 47
meta/recipes-support/gmp/gmp-4.2.1/disable-stdc.patch | 31
meta/recipes-support/gmp/gmp_4.2.1.bb | 14

Nitin A Kamble (13):
tcl: upgrade from 8.5.8 to 8.5.9
autoconf: upgrade from 2.65 to 2.68
gcc: upgrade from 4.5.0 to 4.5.1
bison upgrade from 2.4.2. to 2.4.3
Make upgrade from 3.81 to 3.82
diffstat: upgrade from 1.47 to 1.54
gdb upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2
python-gst: upgrade from 0.10.18 to 0.10.19
pythn, python-native upgrade from 2.6.5 to 2.6.6
libtool upgrade from 2.2.10 to 2.4
gmp: remove older version files
lsof: upgrade from 4.83 to 4.84
linux-libc-headers: upgrade from 2.6.34 to 2.6.36

Pull URL: http://git.pokylinux.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=nitin/upgrades

[PATCH 2/2] kernel: prefer the kernel produced uImage

Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield@...>

The custom uImage produced by the kernel classes by default
does not universally boot and working with existing uboot
configurations and setups.

This changes the preference to the uImage constructed by
the kbuild processes and falls back to the other techniques
if uImage is requested by the kernel does not produce one.

Signed-off-by: Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield@windriver.com>
---
meta/classes/kernel.bbclass | 4 +++-

diff --git a/meta/classes/kernel.bbclass b/meta/classes/kernel.bbclass
index 4c79a98..bb76285 100644
--- a/meta/classes/kernel.bbclass
+++ b/meta/classes/kernel.bbclass
@@ -481,7 +481,9 @@ do_deploy() {
fi

if test "x${KERNEL_IMAGETYPE}" = "xuImage" ; then
- if test -e arch/${ARCH}/boot/compressed/vmlinux ; then
+ if test -e arch/${ARCH}/boot/uImage ; then
+ cp arch/${ARCH}/boot/uImage ${DEPLOYDIR}/uImage-${PV}-${PR}-${MACHINE}-${DATETIME}.bin
+ elif test -e arch/${ARCH}/boot/compressed/vmlinux ; then
${OBJCOPY} -O binary -R .note -R .comment -S arch/${ARCH}/boot/compressed/vmlinux linux.bin
uboot-mkimage -A ${ARCH} -O linux -T kernel -C none -a ${UBOOT_ENTRYPOINT} -e ${UBOOT_ENTRYPOINT} -n "${DISTRO_NAME}/${PV}/${MACHINE}" -d linux.bin ${DEPLOYDIR}/uImage-${PV}-${PR}-${MACHINE}-${DATETIME}.bin
rm -f linux.bin
--
1.7.0.4

[PATCH 1/2] linux-wrs: rename force_revisions and allow override

Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield@...>

It is useful to override revision checking from a layer or other
recipe. In order to show the global nature of the variable rename
it KERNEL_REVISION_CHECKING and make it a weak assignment.

Signed-off-by: Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield@windriver.com>
---
meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-wrs_git.bb | 6 +++---

diff --git a/meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-wrs_git.bb b/meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-wrs_git.bb
index c43ae11..1f2b11e 100644
--- a/meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-wrs_git.bb
+++ b/meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-wrs_git.bb
@@ -34,7 +34,7 @@ S = "${WORKDIR}/linux"
B = "${WORKDIR}/linux-${WRMACHINE}-${LINUX_KERNEL_TYPE}-build"

# functionality flags
-force_revisions = "t"
+KERNEL_REVISION_CHECKING ?= "t"
KERNEL_FEATURES=features/netfilter

do_patch() {
@@ -75,7 +75,7 @@ validate_branches() {
target_meta_head="${SRCREV_meta}"

if [ -n "$target_branch_head" ] && [ "$branch_head" != "$target_branch_head" ]; then
- if [ -n "${force_revisions}" ]; then
+ if [ -n "${KERNEL_REVISION_CHECKING}" ]; then
git show ${target_branch_head} > /dev/null 2>&1
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
echo "Forcing branch ${WRMACHINE}-${LINUX_KERNEL_TYPE} to ${target_branch_head}"
@@ -90,7 +90,7 @@ validate_branches() {
fi

if [ "$meta_head" != "$target_meta_head" ]; then
- if [ -n "${force_revisions}" ]; then
+ if [ -n "${KERNEL_REVISION_CHECKING}" ]; then
git show ${target_meta_head} > /dev/null 2>&1
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
echo "Forcing branch wrs_meta to ${target_meta_head}"
--
1.7.0.4

[poky][PULL] misc (minor) kernel fixes

Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield@...>

In preparation for some larger kernel changes being sent
for review, I'm clearing my queue of a few minor changes
that were done while working on the 0.9 release.

The uImage one is particularly interesting, since it was
a fix for the default beagle board uImage being completely
unbootable.

The force revisions is largely cosmetic, but it is used
by my upcoming kernel dev layer and I think it is more in
the spirit of other variables that are set from local
configurations.

The following changes since commit e417aa98e4b4170f4b4aaf805cc8ea20f8593604:
Bruce Ashfield (1):
wrs_meta: add USB options for wacom tablet support

are available in the git repository at:

ssh://git@git.pokylinux.org/poky-contrib zedd/kernel-fixes

Bruce Ashfield (2):

On 10-11-08 03:32 PM, Kamble, Nitin A wrote:
[...]

python modules upgrade issues

Kamble, Nitin A <nitin.a.kamble@...>

Today I tried upgrading python modules, and some of the modules have other dependencies for upgrading to the latest version.

I was seeing these errors:

Python-pygtk:

| configure: error: Package requirements (pygobject-2.0 >= 2.21.3) were not met:

| Requested 'pygobject-2.0 >= 2.21.3' but version of PyGObject is 2.21.1

Python-pygobject:

| configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.22.4

|         gobject-introspection-1.0 >= 0.9.5

|     ) were not met:

Can the maintainer of gnome libraries look into these upgrades?

Thanks & Regards,

Nitin

Re: World Package List

Saul Wold <sgw@...>

Please find enclosed the annotated list of recipes that are not currently built as part of any task or image. There are a some basic options that could occur with these recipes, do nothing, move the recipe to a layer, or add the recipe to an existing image. The notes indicate a number of different options for the recipes that we chose.

The major changes to recipes are to moving them to meta-extras, meta-demoapps or meta-m2. Meta-extras is a location that will ultimately be deprecated, meta-demoapps is a staging area for further review and items that are more vertical oriented recipes.

Additional notes such as LSB or gmae SDK would move into those tasks or images as appropriate. There are additional notes which will be used for future discussion.

Please review the attached list and provide feedback.

Thanks

Sau!

Saul Wold
Yocto Component Wrangler @ Intel
Yocto Project / Poky Build System

On 11/02/2010 12:19 PM, Saul Wold wrote:

I have updated the spreadsheet and removed items that should not have
been included (-natives and other tools). I have also added annotation
to the first column to show some potential adjustments and existing
inter-dependencies within the list.

Again, please review the remaining items and provide any input.

Thanks

Sau!

On 10/30/2010 01:44 AM, Saul G. Wold wrote:

Folks,

Please find attached a list of packages that are in the world build but
not currently contained in any tasks or images. This is an early warning
that we are putting some of these up for consideration for relocation.

As we work through this determination process, we will document it to
use as in the future for package relocation. There maybe recipes in this
list that will move into some specific tasks or be moved to an external
layer.

Please review this spreadsheet and provide any input for these packages.