Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, August 21, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song <song.liu@...>


Alex, LaurentiuS, Saul, Richard, Kevin, Denys, MichaelH, Beth, Jefro, Bogdan, Tom, Jeff, Dave, ChrisL, Ross, MichaelB (Dell), Paul, Belen, Sean, Darren, Cristian, Song
* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* 1.3 Beta Program - 5 min (Song)
. A little background: Feedback gathering for a release close to the end of the release. Some feedback we can address in this release, others will be addressed in future release. Good opportunity to try out the latest features/improvements.
. Schedule: Beta build this week or next, then 2-4 weeks for testing and feedback.
. calling for participation.
* Yocto 1.3 status - 10 min (Song/team)

- Laurentiu: M3 RC2 is in testing, Weekly testing should be done this evening, tomorrow evening we will have the full pass report. Relocatable tool chain has some issue, working on it (2 Laurentius), as far as we don't relocate it, it should be fine. It's not a blocking issue for M3 release.
- Bug number is going down a little bit. The team has made more progress fixing bugs last week.
- Will review features and bugs tomorrow, cut down some features and leave rooms for more bug fixing.
- Beth: master build. There were some issues, one of them is eclipse plugin. Put in a pull request yesterday. RP: Outcome/display of ab is confusing. We should try to re-organize the information. Will work with Saul and Beth and try to improve things.
* SWAT team rotation: Jessica -> Ross
* Opens - 10 min

- Jefro: very quick announcement about LinuxCon next week.
LinxuCon next week in San Diego, we have a talk on Friday from Dave. Then YP BoF.
- Beth: minor upcoming autobuilder changes.
Not sure if I will put in before M3 is out. The change will be put in later this week or early next week. Require very short (about 5 minutes) ab downtime.
* Team sharing - 20 min
Beth: worked on license manifest. Support SPDX, found some issues for the spec. talking with them. It's not perfect. Having some issues with parallel image creation, working on it. Not sure if there is a way to do that. If someone can help, appreciate it.
Belen: I sent an email about grouping our base images in HOB. Would like feedback from the community. Christian will look at it. But it may not happen immediately, sometime this week. Have a lot of other things working on. Valentin is not here, on vacation, Cristian will help on Valentin's tasks too.
Michael: last week on answering questions, gateway upgrade, service work for LF. Main thing, we had 7-8 minutes downtime on the download server. Resolved the issues, but not completely. Need to run a different kernel to resolve it once and for all. Next to complete gateway upgrade, bugzilla, get AB dev cluster running the save version, running plugin to monitor tapes, etc.
Paul: sent out RFC last week. It's about task rework mentioned last week. Documented all tasks we have. Suggested something we should be doing. Appreciate if anyone has feedback. Breaking up qemu config recipes. Continue along with those tasks.
Radu: doing package update last week. Will be doing bug fixing, debugging, just starting now.
Cristian: working on HOB, will work on fixing bugs. Connectivity and HOB. Balance between the two. There are many features to work on.

Join {yocto@lists.yoctoproject.org to automatically receive all group messages.