Re: meta-cedartrail - serial console

Jim Abernathy

On 05/31/2012 02:18 PM, Bodke, Kishore K wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: yocto-bounces@... [mailto:yocto-
bounces@...] On Behalf Of jfabernathy
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:12 AM
To: yocto@...
Subject: [yocto] meta-cedartrail - serial console

Using a DN2800MT (Marshalltown) Intel board, I'm testing the
meta-cedartrail using edison branch and noticed an issues with the
serial console.

The cedartrail.conf in the machine directory has the following statements:

SYSLINUX_OPTS = "serial 0 115200"
SERIAL_CONSOLE = "115200 ttyS0"
APPEND += "console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0"
I just saw that Edison branch has ttyS3 enabled.

SYSLINUX_OPTS = "serial 3 115200"
SERIAL_CONSOLE = "115200 ttyS3"
APPEND += "console=ttyS3,115200 console=tty3"

Are you looking into right branch?

Thanks
-Kishore.
So how do you get changes in the cedartrail.conf file to take affect?? I edited the file and did the bitbake again, but nothing changed. I'm guessing I need a bitbake -c cleansstate "somthing" But I don't know what to put there to make rebuild with ttyS0.

Jim A
However, when the image booted, I had no serial console on ttyS0. I
checked /etc/inittab and noticed that the following line existed:

S:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 115200 ttyS3

I changed the ttyS3 to ttyS0 and then I have a serial console on the
next reboot. So it appears the override in the .conf file is not
working. Also I only have the console from getty, and not the kernel
logging console.

Anyone have a solution??

If this is considered a bug I can put it on bugzilla.

Jim A